Singing at the ground tonight...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Silky
Manager
Manager

Singing at the ground tonight...

Post by Silky »

I thought was ace once again..

And it was fantastic that even though they persisted with their anti-Bates chants relentlessly, which is fair enough, they through in the occasional 'ONLY ONE SIMON GRAYSON' just to let him know that they dont think it's his fault..

Soft of confirms what Twiggs keeps saying, which is that the OLDER generation of Leeds fans that still attend ER (all of his school buddies), of which there are HEAPS, and most of whom do not know what a message board is, still believe in Simon..

Great stuff guys!! :thup:
Side Before Self, Every Time
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Singing at the ground tonight...

Post by becchio bear »

Silky wrote:I thought was ace once again..

And it was fantastic that even though they persisted with their anti-Bates chants relentlessly, which is fair enough, they through in the occasional 'ONLY ONE SIMON GRAYSON' just to let him know that they dont think it's his fault..

Soft of confirms what Twiggs keeps saying, which is that the OLDER generation of Leeds fans that still attend ER (all of his school buddies), of which there are HEAPS, and most of whom do not know what a message board is, still believe in Simon..

Great stuff guys!! :thup:

Anti-Bates chants weren't relentless though Silky, but I agree it was great to hear There's Only One Simon Grayson and that chant was more than occasional. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bates has had the chance this summer to get the fans on his side, he's failed miserably with very low key signings whilst other clubs have signed some quality players without spending too much !

I can fully understand the fans frustrations when they see clubs showing ambition & our beloved Leeds standing still

All the same the anti- Bates chants are not good during the game as were the O'Brien sarcastic cheers & the racial chants, not very clever !

To be fair to our fans they did get behind the lads & showed their approval of Larry when chanting ' One Simon Grayson...'

Personally i am very concerned, hoping for some points v Boro' & Hull, if not i can see the fans frustration reaching boiling point

Long season ahead & a roller-coaster ride at the wrong end of the table i fear !
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

What were the racial chants and who were they aimed at???? :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JonTheBassist wrote:What were the racial chants and who were they aimed at???? :shock:
Aimed at the Bradford fans "you're just a town full of P...."

There was another chant relating to the riots but i can't remember it :?
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

1964white wrote:

Seriously not cool. Very sad to hear that at ER.
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Leeds fans are excellent, but that sucks :( disappointed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not good folks !
Johnny Utah
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Johnny Utah »

Yeah thats stupid....everyone knows that the majority of the Asian population in Bradford come from Bangladesh....
KEN BATES IS AN EVIL CROOK
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Not funny Johnny Utah, not funny at all.

I am really saddended to hear this type of chant at Elland Road......I am not stupid enough to think that we erridicated racism from ER altogether, that sadly will probably never happen, but I thought we had moved on from that kind of vile rubbish being sung !

Was it from a big section of the Kop or small minority elsewhere ?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Gurj wrote:Not funny Johnny Utah, not funny at all.

I am really saddended to hear this type of chant at Elland Road......I am not stupid enough to think that we erridicated racism from ER altogether, that sadly will probably never happen, but I thought we had moved on from that kind of vile rubbish being sung !

I was there but tbh I didn't hear any racist chanting at all, which I'm glad about, I was in the West Stand btw :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No Gurj, some to the right of me & group of them singing racial chants as i left the ground
Johnny Utah
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Johnny Utah »

I was being ironic....
KEN BATES IS AN EVIL CROOK
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

1964white wrote:

That's really disappointing. The people who sang that are knobs and an embarrassment to the club. :evil:
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

1964white wrote:
No Gurj, some to the right of me & group of them singing racial chants as i left the ground
I would have thought Tina would have mentioned it on here that she was going last night...
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote:
Just p1sses me off that stewards who are all too keen to make people sit down do not show the same level of urgency to report these " fans " no sorry, these " w@nkers " to the police !

Must admit I have been really saddened all day at work today as my mind kept coming back to these chants......wish this scum would detach themselves from LUFC !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Gurj wrote:
Just p1sses me off that stewards who are all too keen to make people sit down do not show the same level of urgency to report these " fans " no sorry, these " w@nkers " to the police !

Must admit I have been really saddened all day at work today as my mind kept coming back to these chants......wish this scum would detach themselves from LUFC !!
1964white wrote: No Gurj, some to the right of me & group of them singing racial chants as i left the ground
Not being funny lads - but if the stewards were put on a high alert to racist chants, the thicko's would be kicking out fans singing "Come on you WHITES" ..."oh when the Whites go marching in".
Agreed that racist chants are disgusting...just don't give the steward twats any more reason to kick out Leeds fans.

It is up to the Leeds fans to tell the racists they are not welcome....
Did you and your mates confront the scum, '64? I hope so.
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

another one was the e e edl chant