Le Tissier's comments...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Le Tissier's comments...

Post by 1964white »

I was speaking to my brother on the phone this morning & he ask me if i saw Soccer Saturday's build up to the championship season which i missed unfortunately

Apparently Jeff Stelling asked Matt Le Tiss, "Have Leeds done enough in the transfer window" Le Tiss replied with an incisive "NO, Leeds have made no signings that will put bums on seats"

How very true !
1964white

Re: Le Tissier's comments...

Post by 1964white »

Cue the Le Tiss insults :spider:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

He's right, tho', isn't he? Nothing that got us all jumping up and down on our keyboards with excitement.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

He was always a very enjoyable player to watch.

So how come he spent his career at Southampton and didn't move to a bigger club.

Affection for the club?

Did he prefer being the big fish in the small pond?

Did he thing that in the long-term the financial benefits of staying with one club would be better than the short term gains of moving around?

Did he feel he maybe wasn't good enough to play for a big club?

Did he prefer the almost certainly of being in the first eleven at Southampton rather than a squad player elsewhere?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:He's right, tho', isn't he? Nothing that got us all jumping up and down on our keyboards with excitement.
Tbh Gino i cannot recall being excited with a signing in years !

Rio Ferdinand the last time for me & before anyone jumps on my back with scum taunts Rio was immense in his time at Leeds
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Le Tissier's a legend!!! I could watch him play all day :-D Pitty he wasnt Leeds...
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:I was speaking to my brother on the phone this morning & he ask me if i saw Soccer Saturday's build up to the championship season which i missed unfortunately

Apparently Jeff Stelling asked Matt Le Tiss, "Have Leeds done enough in the transfer window" Le Tiss replied with an incisive "NO, Leeds have made no signings that will put bums on seats"

How very true !

Given the number of injured players we buy I would have thought our signings do exactly that, put bums on seats :wink:

Nice to see you continue find ever more imaginative ways to dish the dirt on your beloved Leeds :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

Given the number of injured players we buy I would have thought our signings do exactly that, put bums on seats :wink:

Nice to see you continue find ever more imaginative ways to dish the dirt on your beloved Leeds :-D
Only posting Le Tiss's comments & he is spot on tbh !

Anymore fiasco's like the St Mary's shambles & the ER attendances will reduce significantly anyway, you mark my words !
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Only posting Le Tiss's comments & he is spot on tbh !

Anymore fiasco's like the St Mary's shambles & the ER attendances will reduce significantly anyway, you mark my words !

So you want players to put bums on seats not to improve the squad? I presume you were over the moon when Duncan started leaping over mini's at ER. We have wasted some money over the years :roll:

You and twig must have been shocked to see your hero, Killa, subbed after 63 minutes as Bristol collapsed in the manner we have become accustomed to during the Killa years :lol: How we managed to do it without him will remain a mystery mindst. I see WHU and Hull fans expect to protest this week after losing home games they expected to win on Saturday and they give up on promotion as a result.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Got skysports today 22.50 a month with virgin would rather give my money to Murdoch than bates won't be going to elland road this season
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Kepler »

Gino 1959 wrote:He's right, tho', isn't he? Nothing that got us all jumping up and down on our keyboards with excitement.
I was actualy quite happy to see us sign Brown and lonergan

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Kepler wrote:
I was actualy quite happy to see us sign Brown and lonergan
So was I mate, what happened to brown at Southampton?
Lonergan is quality.
Way better than kasper.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

joelufc20 wrote:Got skysports today 22.50 a month with virgin would rather give my money to Murdoch than bates won't be going to elland road this season
We knew that already mate having hacked your phone for sometime :lol:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Tiss means "wee wee", in Danish! :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

So you want players to put bums on seats not to improve the squad? I presume you were over the moon when Duncan started leaping over mini's at ER. We have wasted some money over the years :roll:

You and twig must have been shocked to see your hero, Killa, subbed after 63 minutes as Bristol collapsed in the manner we have become accustomed to during the Killa years :lol: How we managed to do it without him will remain a mystery mindst. I see WHU and Hull fans expect to protest this week after losing home games they expected to win on Saturday and they give up on promotion as a result.
No, wasn't a McKenzie fan tbh

As for Killa you know my views on Killa as far as playing in the championship is concerned. Mindst i hope Brown calms down after charging around like rampant bull, i fear a few red cards on the way !
As for the Hammers & the Codheads, did you actually watch or listen to the games WR ? West Ham played some good football & missed a glut of chances, Cardiff also look useful too. Both Blackpool & Hull will end up near the top, the codheads also missing many chances, 2 in the last minute. All four teams looked alot better & composed than our motley crew.
Yes it was only game one of the season but the St Mary's horror show doesn't bode well for the season. The Saints were very impressive too !
Need to kickstart our season v L2 Bradford tomorrow night which hopefully will build some confidence amongst the squad
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
No, wasn't a McKenzie fan tbh

As for Killa you know my views on Killa as far as playing in the championship is concerned. Mindst i hope Brown calms down after charging around like rampant bull, i fear a few red cards on the way !
As for the Hammers & the Codheads, did you actually watch or listen to the games WR ? West Ham played some good football & missed a glut of chances, Cardiff also look useful too. Both Blackpool & Hull will end up near the top, the codheads also missing many chances, 2 in the last minute. All four teams looked alot better & composed than our motley crew.
Yes it was only game one of the season but the St Mary's horror show doesn't bode well for the season. The Saints were very impressive too !
Need to kickstart our season v L2 Bradford tomorrow night which hopefully will build some confidence amongst the squad
Didn't see the game which is why I haven't commented on player scores etc. This makes me unique on here :wink:

I did watch WHU 'v' Cardiff. Two teams you'd expect to be fighting it out at the top. Cardiff goalie had a particularly good game although both sides were hardly brilliant.

What I would say cos I keep repeating myself is:

1.The team we put out was no weaker than last seasons team was it - although the injury to Becchio is a worry?

2.Two wingers is no way to play football in 2011. I think we really needed to sell one of our wide men for big[ish] money to fund a bit of team strengthening myself. We appear to have priced clubs out of the market though.

As Wenger said - the teams spending big money in The Prem are not spending money they have generated from within the industry. His views will cost him his job eventually I suppose but his views apply equally to the top of The Champs where WHU are in over their head, where Foxes are in over their green curry, where Cardiff are in over their leeks etc. You don't have a sugar or coconut milk daddy or you aren't prepared to risk everything in a do or die bid for Prem glory you don't spend money these days. Hair shirts are the new away strip I'm afraid.
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Kepler »

Emsley wrote:
So was I mate, what happened to brown at Southampton?
Lonergan is quality.
Way better than kasper.
he went all crazy. But I did expect that with him getting his debut at Southamton. Still think he will be a good signing

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
1.The team we put out was no weaker than last seasons team was it
Lichaj was better than Connolly & O'dea

Snoddy was worst than last years Snoddy :lol: he is either unfit or uninterested

BJ was better than Brown

Becchio is more effective than McCormack when played as a lone striker
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Lichaj was better than Connolly & O'dea

Snoddy was worst than last years Snoddy :lol: he is either unfit or uninterested

BJ was better than Brown

Becchio is more effective than McCormack when played as a lone striker

Surely 4 at the back gave us an advantage?

Lihaj only arrived cos Connolly was injured. Up to then he had been spot on. O'Dea will not be worse than our wayward Makem. Brown is a better player than BJ and will settle. Becchio is a loss but played superbly well in the 433 at seasons end. Play offs still in our sights.