Andy obrein

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Andy obrein

Post by joelufc20 »

I think he has been a very poor player for us. We have conceded too many goals due to his incompetence he needs to go to league 1 a truely terrible defender
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Andy obrein

Post by 92champs »

Totally agree with you. Anyone that concedes two og's in one match will never improve and if I recall correctly his last game for Ireland was the 5-2 defeat in Cyprus. If only he had went to Cardiff :roll:
matt leeds
First Team
First Team

Post by matt leeds »

Sorry mate but I disagree. OB is a decent defender and will improve further as he and kisnorbo get used to partnering each other. He aint the best, but certainly not terrible.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Have yet to see him ave a good game yet, constantly makes mistakes. Lees would be better option if bates won't bring anyone in. I'm not going to wish him an injury this time but wouldn't mind someone taking him off us.

92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 92champs »

matt leeds wrote:Sorry mate but I disagree. OB is a decent defender and will improve further as he and kisnorbo get used to partnering each other. He aint the best, but certainly not terrible.
Well he certainly will have to improve a lot after the way he played in the first game of the season and quickly :horse:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

matt leeds wrote:Sorry mate but I disagree. OB is a decent defender and will improve further as he and kisnorbo get used to partnering each other. He aint the best, but certainly not terrible.
Did you see the game yesterday by any chance?

I think it's time to say "Thank you very much Andy, close the door on your way out."

He's 32, not 18 - we can't expect him to start improving at his age, he should know the basics of defending by now. If it had been Lees playing yesterday and failing to close anyone down I would have had more sympathy with the argument that he would improve, but not someone with 356 League starts under his belt.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Un fortunatly he has what everyone of will get and that is age he was caught to many times yesterday.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

92champs wrote:Totally agree with you. Anyone that concedes two og's in one match will never improve and if I recall correctly his last game for Ireland was the 5-2 defeat in Cyprus. If only he had went to Cardiff :roll:
Cardiff have one of the best championship CB's in Antony Gerrard
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Un fortunatly he has what everyone of will get and that is age he was caught to many times yesterday.
what's that in a language someone from west yorkshire would understand?
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

LUFCRACE wrote:
what's that in a language someone from west yorkshire would understand?
I think that the poster meant 'older'? Unfortunately, yesterday that did not equate to experience as AoB made too many elementary mistakes.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I agree,
Anyone who saw the game yesterday should be appalled by the team's performance in general, and OBrein's in particular.
No blame on the keeper. It would have been 5 without a couple of exceptional saves.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

O'Brien did steady the ship when he came in on loan last season. Since signing permanently he's not really lived up to that.

He won't be fully fit yet with his curtailed preseason but yesterday's performance was a shocker by anyone's standards.

He will need to find form very quickly or he will be lucky to be warming the bench.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

People seem to run on short memorys and like to pin point there frustrations on somebody. Granted OB didnt have the best of games but nobody is perfect. Just so we are all clear we are playing with a back 5 of Lonergan, Connolly, OB, Kis, Odea, baring in mind that only 2 out of the 5 have actually played together for more than 3 games.

It will take time to get some understanding between them all, so before you get your pitch forks out and start the linching, give it abit of time. The players are as much to blame as Bates/Grayson and co. as we have lacked the real time to prepare properly for this season.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hibbi86 wrote:People seem to run on short memorys and like to pin point there frustrations on somebody. Granted OB didnt have the best of games but nobody is perfect. Just so we are all clear we are playing with a back 5 of Lonergan, Connolly, OB, Kis, Odea, baring in mind that only 2 out of the 5 have actually played together for more than 3 games.

It will take time to get some understanding between them all, so before you get your pitch forks out and start the linching, give it abit of time. The players are as much to blame as Bates/Grayson and co. as we have lacked the real time to prepare properly for this season.

It would help if O'dea was a left back not a converted centre back. looked it too, I wouldn't want to start him there for too much longer...Connolly is a decent hard working but not particularly talented full back, good cover for when we get a right back Kis is a good centre back. the reason Leicester got rid was because he don't give you a full season...which doesn't help the geling thing. I'm not sure about O'B.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

faaip wrote:

It would help if O'dea was a left back not a converted centre back. looked it too, I wouldn't want to start him there for too much longer...Connolly is a decent hard working but not particularly talented full back, good cover for when we get a right back Kis is a good centre back. the reason Leicester got rid was because he don't give you a full season...which doesn't help the geling thing. I'm not sure about O'B.
Yes im just trying to point out how we cant go blaming one player for our defensive instablility, which is what this topic was aimed at. also the creator should learn to spell our own players names...
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

At fault for all the goals total liability

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

ONE ANSWER!
BRUCE! :P
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

wheres Bruce these days?..is he injured? not saying he's much better than AOB but he looked to not have as serious a case of oil tanker syndrome as O'brien does :|
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Bruce is better than AOB.
As long as he is playing off Paddy and give him a run of 4 games, i think he is our best defender.
Take that to my grave.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

mchldavies7 wrote:wheres Bruce these days?..is he injured? not saying he's much better than AOB but he looked to not have as serious a case of oil tanker syndrome as O'brien does :|
He was part of the defence that kept a clean sheet up at Farsley Celtic on Saturday.