Page 3 of 3

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 pm
by Gino 1959
Armleywhite wrote: A 1 with loads of zero's after it maybe? :)
I think the original poster was referring to either the Hegelian or dialectical traditions, but - basically - it sees the world through a high-contrast black and white filter and - thereby - reduces understanding and thinking to a limited scope.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:36 pm
by Armleywhite
eh??

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:40 pm
by faaip
Gino 1959 wrote: I think the original poster was referring to either the Hegelian or dialectical traditions, but - basically - it sees the world through a high-contrast black and white filter and - thereby - reduces understanding and thinking to a limited scope.

put down the "philosophy for Dummies" book mate. I take it "the Shed" has little in the way of exciting reading, did Harry get the only Dancy Drew Mystery? (look under the workbench, she normally keeps a pile of old Womens Realms down there)

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:40 pm
by 1964white
gessa wrote: Football's changed so much since those days, not enough loyalty around to build like Don did,as nice as it would be.
Great point Gessa

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:52 pm
by Gino 1959
faaip wrote:put down the "philosophy for Dummies" book mate. I take it "the Shed" has little in the way of exciting reading, did Harry get the only Dancy Drew Mystery? (look under the workbench, she normally keeps a pile of old Womens Realms down there)
Think I have delved enough into her women's realms since I been here :wink:

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 pm
by white.riot
1964white wrote: Great point Gessa
But wrong. Barcalona for one do it the Revie and Stein way. Wenger also a cracking role model.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:03 pm
by Gurj
Yes Barcelona create a great base by nurturing talent from within BUT they also spend money when know its essential.....look at the signing of David Villa - they knew they needed someone up front and got him. Ambition !!

We havent got that sort of cash but we could at least look at like sof Bothroyd and think, lot of wages, but its within our means and we are going to show some real desire to get promoted.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:16 pm
by faaip
Gurj wrote:Yes Barcelona create a great base by nurturing talent from within BUT they also spend money when know its essential.....look at the signing of David Villa - they knew they needed someone up front and got him. Ambition !!

We havent got that sort of cash but we could at least look at like sof Bothroyd and think, lot of wages, but its within our means and we are going to show some real desire to get promoted.

That would be a banner purchase especially as he'd debuted for England and is possibly being courted by a couple of premier clubs

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:29 pm
by Eblis Presley
Armleywhite wrote:eh??
For example, the notion that there is only Ken's way of running Leeds United or Viv's (or, better still, we could stop being coy and call option two a spade - i.e. Risdale).
white.riot wrote:But wrong. Barcalona for one do it the Revie and Stein way. Wenger also a cracking role model.
Gessa is correct, football (and the contractual situation of the players) has changed beyond recognition. A club that is already at the pinnacle can try emphasise their internal structure more than their rivals do but, even then, Barcelona make massive annual investments in their footballing future.

More importantly, there is not the slightest shred of evidence that Bates has a homegrown blueprint for developing our club and quite a lot to suggest that our long-term footballing future play a negligible part in his thinking.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:48 pm
by 1964white
white.riot wrote:
Yes Barcelona have nurtured some great players out of their youth system, mindst along with Real Madrid in La Liga they are two of the biggest teams in the world playing in the best league worldwide

Barcelona have spent money though on ten of their squad

Alves - 30m
Pique - 5m
Mascherano - 22m
Villa - 40m
Adriano - 13m
Keita - 14m
Milito - 18m
Maxwell - 5m
Afellay - 3m
Abidal - 9m

As for Arsenal they are a joy to watch when they are in full flow, though remind me of a Grayson team, one week very good, next week very poor, a team that struggle to defend efficiently too.
If Wenger doesn't go out & sign a top class keeper & centre back the Gooners will continue to be the bridesmaids

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:48 pm
by CSA
Eblis Presley wrote:
More importantly, there is not the slightest shred of evidence that Bates has a homegrown blueprint for developing our club and quite a lot to suggest that our long-term footballing future play a negligible part in his thinking.
Paranoia has a way of polarizing ones opinion wouldn't you say.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:53 pm
by white.riot
faaip wrote:
That would be a banner purchase especially as he'd debuted for England and is possibly being courted by a couple of premier clubs
They all want to play for Leeds regardless of wages. This is the accepted wisdom.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 pm
by Eblis Presley
CSA wrote: Paranoia has a way of polarizing ones opinion wouldn't you say.
What are you trying to say? Feel free, i'm not easily offended.

(it's not really my bag but one's opinion being polarised sounds a bit schiz..)

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:18 pm
by CSA
Eblis Presley wrote: What are you trying to say? Feel free, i'm not easily offended.

(it's not really my bag but one's opinion being polarised sounds a bit schiz..)
Merely pointing out that to some (not personally implicating your good self) put a very a suspicious slant on anything Bates does or says, there is rarely a balanced opinion from people who have convinced themselves they hate him, they only believe his actions are for the good of Bates and not Leeds. no matter what, confirmed Bates haters will not listen to any kind of counter argument in support of him however compelling it may be.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm
by faaip
white.riot wrote: They all want to play for Leeds regardless of wages. This is the accepted wisdom.

I fully understand that to be the case....

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:47 pm
by Eblis Presley
CSA wrote: Merely pointing out that to some (not personally implicating your good self) put a very a suspicious slant on anything Bates does or says, there is rarely a balanced opinion from people who have convinced themselves they hate him, they only believe his actions are for the good of Bates and not Leeds. no matter what, confirmed Bates haters will not listen to any kind of counter argument in support of him however compelling it may be.
Fair enough and, of course, it goes both ways. I'm not a hater but will confess to a deep reservoir of suspicion about Ken and his motives. This is not some blind antipathy but based on the man's documented history and the evidence of his performance at Leeds and before.

The truth is i'd love to hear a compelling argument in support of Bates, one that stands scrutiny. I've not seen one made on here, or on the other channel - in fact it is very rarely even attempted. I'm envious of fans who aren't that interested in the internal workings of the club, and i'm sure it makes supporting Leeds easier, but those that actively champion Bates ought to be able to justify their position with more than 'he's not Risdale'.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:55 pm
by Armleywhite
We'll said elbis. A very good point well put and without insults. I'm impressed :lol: :lol:

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 pm
by Eblis Presley
Armleywhite wrote:We'll said elbis. A very good point well put and without insults. I'm impressed :lol: :lol:
It's Eblis you management scum, errr, go testicles.. or sommat.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:10 pm
by white.riot
Eblis Presley wrote: Fair enough and, of course, it goes both ways. I'm not a hater but will confess to a deep reservoir of suspicion about Ken and his motives. This is not some blind antipathy but based on the man's documented history and the evidence of his performance at Leeds and before.

The truth is i'd love to hear a compelling argument in support of Bates, one that stands scrutiny. I've not seen one made on here, or on the other channel - in fact it is very rarely even attempted. I'm envious of fans who aren't that interested in the internal workings of the club, and i'm sure it makes supporting Leeds easier, but those that actively champion Bates ought to be able to justify their position with more than 'he's not Risdale'.
Surely under British law the burdon of proof lies with the prosecution ? My passion for lufc runs deeper thann the endless cheap shots against Bates and grayson. The view that scepticism is the true faith amuses me. Not your approach by the way. Warts and all does the job 4 me.

Re: Funds

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm
by CSA
Eblis Presley wrote:
Fair enough and, of course, it goes both ways. I'm not a hater but will confess to a deep reservoir of suspicion about Ken and his motives. This is not some blind antipathy but based on the man's documented history and the evidence of his performance at Leeds and before.

The truth is i'd love to hear a compelling argument in support of Bates, one that stands scrutiny. I've not seen one made on here, or on the other channel - in fact it is very rarely even attempted. I'm envious of fans who aren't that interested in the internal workings of the club, and i'm sure it makes supporting Leeds easier, but those that actively champion Bates ought to be able to justify their position with more than 'he's not Risdale'.
The one defining difference (to me anyway) between the way Bates runs the club and the way Ridsdale did is Bates appears to run it as a business and manages the finances accordingly. Publicly Grayson appears to trust him, if he was as bad as some people portray its a wonder any Manager would work for him.
BTW I do try and keep an open mind and don't count myself as one of his fan club, however we are doing it, we seem to be heading in the right direction.(not as quick as Norwich though and that really pissed me off!!)