Players form

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Players form

Post by dezzy »

With talk of Bradley leaving us for a prem club it got me thinking what makes a player good. Last year he was a decent player for us in league 1 but this year I would say he is a good player for us in the championship so that would suggest that he has upped his level of preformance. But if he were to leave us to go to the prem or another championship club would he be as good? You look at bessone last year at Swansea and he looked to be a good player at championship level but at leeds he is a shite player at championship level, so what has changed for both of these players? Bradley is playing against better players but is playing better, were as Bessone is playing at the same level but playing much worse.
You would think that Bradley would be struggling more than bessone as he has had to step up a level, but he is in a squad were he has friends he, knows the routine at thorp arch and how simon and the rest of the coaches work in training, all of which must make him feel comfortable and allows him to be more relaxed in training and to prepare for games better. I think that if he or any player left us at the moment with the happy squad we have tthey would find it hard to get back the form they ave shown for us.
So I think that bradley must look at bessone and ask himself why isnt he playing to the level that he is capable of at leeds and would I be able to progress at the speed over the next year at another club where their set up might not suit him as much as the leeds set up did.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Re: Players form

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Yes?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Yes?
This :|
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Post by revieboy »

Good point dezzy. Sometimes people don't look beyond the pitch when analysing players performances.

Players like Johnson have grown into the Leeds team and there is a little bit less pressure on them as they have proved themselves to the fans when we got promoted.

Bessone seemed to join us and a hit a wall of pressure. Some players can't handle the expectation here and lose focus of what their job is on the pitch. Thats why its important to allow certain players time to settle.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Think he wont develop as much as he can if he leaves us
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..