Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by 1964white »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:40 pm Hey guys, visiting villa fan here :zip: — hopefully to have some insightful (and hopefully civil) discussions especially with transfers etc. Definitely happy to see y'all back in the Premier League (beats having other "non traditional" clubs going up). Have definitely been keeping more than an eye on Leeds since Bielsa was appointed and the style of play that he has implemented.

Looking forward to some good discussions hopefully!
You're welcome Villan :tup:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Hello, new to the site, but a born and bred "Loiner" and life long supporter... 1st Game attended with Dad & Grandad V Everton Mon 07April 1958 (4 Years old)Leeds win 1-0. First time I got to see "Big Jack" Not a great season ... Finished 16th, but it was the start of a lifelong love of the club.
So many memories over the years, as have we all, attended all games up until I joined the Army in 1970, so with overseas tours, operational tours etc, attended games the next 22years were few and far between, but no matter where in the world most of the time could always listen on the radio and always got results. Life takes some funny twist and turns, and in 1992 we ended up in Canada were I have lived since. But never lost my love or commitment to the Mighty Whites. The last few years has been fantastic as I have seen the majority of Leeds games on LUTV or other paid sports channels. And now we are back in the Prem it is an item struck from my "bucket List"...to see the whites back and will get to see every game, So other than being unable to attend games, I get to see every one live, my family are great and in good health...so with the return to the Prem...live is good!
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Hello all,

Have just joined the forum and looking forward to a great season (come what may) now we're finally back in the PL.

Grew up in Leeds from age 2 (Dad was working away when I was born) and first went to ER in 1971. ST holder since the late 70's and now go to the home games with my son (age 13) who's Leeds daft as well.

Have enjoyed reading the forum, there seems to be lots of active threads and have particularly enjoyed the player profiles and comments.

ALAW
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome both ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:00 am Hello all,

Have just joined the forum and looking forward to a great season (come what may) now we're finally back in the PL.

Grew up in Leeds from age 2 (Dad was working away when I was born) and first went to ER in 1971. ST holder since the late 70's and now go to the home games with my son (age 13) who's Leeds daft as well.

Have enjoyed reading the forum, there seems to be lots of active threads and have particularly enjoyed the player profiles and comments.

ALAW
Thanks Jammy

Welcome to MOT
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:46 am Hello, new to the site, but a born and bred "Loiner" and life long supporter... 1st Game attended with Dad & Grandad V Everton Mon 07April 1958 (4 Years old)Leeds win 1-0. First time I got to see "Big Jack" Not a great season ... Finished 16th, but it was the start of a lifelong love of the club.
So many memories over the years, as have we all, attended all games up until I joined the Army in 1970, so with overseas tours, operational tours etc, attended games the next 22years were few and far between, but no matter where in the world most of the time could always listen on the radio and always got results. Life takes some funny twist and turns, and in 1992 we ended up in Canada were I have lived since. But never lost my love or commitment to the Mighty Whites. The last few years has been fantastic as I have seen the majority of Leeds games on LUTV or other paid sports channels. And now we are back in the Prem it is an item struck from my "bucket List"...to see the whites back and will get to see every game, So other than being unable to attend games, I get to see every one live, my family are great and in good health...so with the return to the Prem...live is good!
Welcome Smudge to MOT :tup:
richardoz99
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by richardoz99 »

Hi I'm Richard from Melbourne Australia. I have supported LUFC all my life. Last 16 years have been difficult but we finally made it back to the PL.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

richardoz99 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:54 pm Hi I'm Richard from Melbourne Australia. I have supported LUFC all my life. Last 16 years have been difficult but we finally made it back to the PL.
G'day mate,
nice to see, sure you will find the site as friendly and welcoming as I did... Welcome aboard.
richardoz99
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by richardoz99 »

How do you put a photo on your profile. Thx Richard.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

richardoz99 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm How do you put a photo on your profile. Thx Richard.
Look in FAQ's all will be revealed mate ...
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Hi

I also attended my first game in 1958 age 7. As the name suggests I have lived in France for 6 years.

Partner is a Southampton supporter and will both try to get over for a game between our two teams

MOT
Allez le Blancs
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:10 pm Hi

I also attended my first game in 1958 age 7. As the name suggests I have lived in France for 6 years.

Partner is a Southampton supporter and will both try to get over for a game between our two teams

MOT
Welcome mate ...enjoy
Brolins_Ghost
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Brolins_Ghost »

Sid from Northern Ireland here. Long, long time leeds supporter but have been working abroad for more than a few years(18)until recently.
Done with travelling more than a couple of miles, so will most likely be limiting my support to TV, radio and here.
First game attended was round about 1968/9 and was immediately hooked.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome mate ...enjoy
losblancos
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by losblancos »

Congratulations for making it back to the Premier League. It has been a long time.
Tough first game, but who knows? No team wants to play a newly promoted side first game.
And Leeds gets one of its most difficult games out of the way early...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

losblancos wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:49 pm Congratulations for making it back to the Premier League. It has been a long time.
Tough first game, but who knows? No team wants to play a newly promoted side first game.
And Leeds gets one of its most difficult games out of the way early...
Welcome to MOT Losblancos :tup:
Chester White
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Chester White »

Hello Leeds fans. My name is Peter and I'm 70 and I'm from Chester. I first decided to support LUFC when I'd seen the the great Real Madrid team of the 1950s in their all-white strip and was looking for a team with a similar charisma. I'd seen that LUFC under Don Revie had been promoted and also played in an all white strip. I also heard people making disparaging remarks about them and thought they'll do for me. I'd not long passed my driving test and had bought an old Hillman Imp for £30. This vehicle was to get me to Elland Road for a number of years before it packed up just outside Heckmondwike. I then travelled across on the train as I was now working on the Railways and had assisted travel. My first live game was LUFC 3 Arsenal 0 in the early 1970s. Alan Ball had just signed for the Gunners with great fanfare, but he didn't get a kick that day. When I got married in 1977 I couldn't afford to get across as often. I suppose the biggest thrill of my life was when my home-town team Chester Fc beat the full LUFC team 3-0 at Sealand Road in front of a full-house of 19,000 in 1975. LUFC were European Cup finalists that year. It was the first time that the great Billy Bremner had been substituted. He waited at the side of the pitch until the end of the game to congratulate the Chester players on what was their best ever performance.

I was pleased with the game on Saturday despite the unjust result and believe that Leeds will have a great season and will build until they are competing at the very top end of the PL.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Chester White wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 am Hello Leeds fans. My name is Peter and I'm 70 and I'm from Chester. I first decided to support LUFC when I'd seen the the great Real Madrid team of the 1950s in their all-white strip and was looking for a team with a similar charisma. I'd seen that LUFC under Don Revie had been promoted and also played in an all white strip. I also heard people making disparaging remarks about them and thought they'll do for me. I'd not long passed my driving test and had bought an old Hillman Imp for £30. This vehicle was to get me to Elland Road for a number of years before it packed up just outside Heckmondwike. I then travelled across on the train as I was now working on the Railways and had assisted travel. My first live game was LUFC 3 Arsenal 0 in the early 1970s. Alan Ball had just signed for the Gunners with great fanfare, but he didn't get a kick that day. When I got married in 1977 I couldn't afford to get across as often. I suppose the biggest thrill of my life was when my home-town team Chester Fc beat the full LUFC team 3-0 at Sealand Road in front of a full-house of 19,000 in 1975. LUFC were European Cup finalists that year. It was the first time that the great Billy Bremner had been substituted. He waited at the side of the pitch until the end of the game to congratulate the Chester players on what was their best ever performance.

I was pleased with the game on Saturday despite the unjust result and believe that Leeds will have a great season and will build until they are competing at the very top end of the PL.
Welcome Chester enjoy...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chester White wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 am Hello Leeds fans. My name is Peter and I'm 70 and I'm from Chester. I first decided to support LUFC when I'd seen the the great Real Madrid team of the 1950s in their all-white strip and was looking for a team with a similar charisma. I'd seen that LUFC under Don Revie had been promoted and also played in an all white strip. I also heard people making disparaging remarks about them and thought they'll do for me. I'd not long passed my driving test and had bought an old Hillman Imp for £30. This vehicle was to get me to Elland Road for a number of years before it packed up just outside Heckmondwike. I then travelled across on the train as I was now working on the Railways and had assisted travel. My first live game was LUFC 3 Arsenal 0 in the early 1970s. Alan Ball had just signed for the Gunners with great fanfare, but he didn't get a kick that day. When I got married in 1977 I couldn't afford to get across as often. I suppose the biggest thrill of my life was when my home-town team Chester Fc beat the full LUFC team 3-0 at Sealand Road in front of a full-house of 19,000 in 1975. LUFC were European Cup finalists that year. It was the first time that the great Billy Bremner had been substituted. He waited at the side of the pitch until the end of the game to congratulate the Chester players on what was their best ever performance.

Welcome to MOT Peter :tup:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Hello all! Another newbie here, but have lurked for quite a long time. Felt it time to bite the bullet and sign up to comment on things.

Firstly, I should probably explain I am not an American, but have lived in Los Angeles (Santa Monica) for 12 years now, and before that in Helsinki, Finland for 4 years prior to that. However, I was born and raised in my younger years in Crigglestone, Wakefield, before spending my teenage years in Normanton. Obviously no footy team in Wakefield so became a Leeds fan as a young lad in the late 80s old Div2 days, mostly as my dad was a Leeds fan. Suffice to say, Leeds would be considered my local team anyway.

Happy to meet you all here, and look forward to banter about all things Leeds United. This place seems to be one of the more friendlier Leeds fan forums out there.

-Peter MOT ALAW