The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Telepres »

This is an outrageous track:



You need headphones or a good soundsystem to fully appreciate it.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Poll 1

BTW Which Neil Young album is doing well ?
Rust Never Sleeps
User avatar
becchio bear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17707
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by becchio bear »

Telepres wrote: How are your kids doing?
:roflmao: :tup: :bear:
Lockdown 3, Rinse and Repeat.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

ALBUM OF 1979

VOTE NOW

ROCK>BLUES>POP>METAL>PROG>FOLK>SINGER-SONGWRITERS

Patti Smith - Waves - Ges
Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedoes - Ges
Cars - Candy-O - Ges
Clash - London Calling - Durly
Ruts - The Crack - Durly
Tubeway Army - Replicas - Durly
Joe Jackson - I'm The Man - Faaip
Frank Zappa - Shiek Yerbouti - Faaip
Blue Oyster Cult - Mirrors - Faaip
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door - Hector
Pink Floyd - The Wall - Hector
Scorpions - Lovedrive - Hector
ELO - Discovery - BB
Supertramp - Breakfast In America - BB
Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material - BB
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps - Paul
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces - Paul
Red Noise - Sound On Sound - Gino
Only Ones - Even Serpents Shine - Gino
Magazine - Secondhand Daylight - Gino
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures - Twiggs
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Join Hands - Twiggs
Marianne Faithful - Broken English - Twiggs
Gang Of Four - Entertainment - BL
XTC - Drums & Wires - BL
Jam - Setting Sons - BL
Simple Minds - Life In A Day - CSA
James Taylor - Flag - CSA
AC/DC - Highway To Hell - Dr
Mike Oldfield - Platinum - Dr
Eagles - The Long Run - Dr
Little Feat - Down On The Farm - GW
Can - Can - GW
Steve Hackett - GW
Roger Chapman - Chappo - Gandi
Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling - Gandi
Neil Young - Live Rust - Gandi
PIL - Metal Box - 1304
Squeeze - Cool For Cats - 1304
Undertones - Undertones - 1304
Talking Heads - Fear Of Music - Anorak
UK - Danger Money - Anorak
Van Morrison - Into The Music - 64
B52's - B52's - 64
Fall - Live At The witch Trials - Sofa
Fall - Dragnet - Sofa
Wire - 154


Clash - 37
Neil Young (Rust) - 22
Pink Floyd - 21
Supertramp - 14
Frank Zappa - 12
Roger Chapman - 12
Joy Division - 11
Stiff Little Fingers -11
Jam - 10
Joe Jackson - 10
Tom Petty - 10
AC/DC - 8
Can - 8
Led Zeppelin - 8
Patti Smith - 8
Talking Heads - 8
Only Ones - 7
UK - 7
Elvis Costello - 5
Squeeze - 5
Ruts 4
Tony Banks - 4
XTC - 4
ELO - 3
Gang Of Four - 3
Van Morrison - 3
Mike Oldfield - 2
Fall - 1




VOTE NOW

SOUL>MOTOWN>DISCO>REGGAE>JAZZ>EASY LISTENING>CLASSICAL>FILM SCORES

Earth Wind & Fire - I Am -Faaip
Average White Band - Feel No Fret - Faaip
Stevie Wonder - Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants - Faaip
Vangelis - Opera Sauvage - Gino/Gandi
Gregory Isaacs - Soon Forward - Gino
Dollar Brand - African Marketplace - GW
Terje Rypdal - Descendre - GW
The Specials - The Specials - Twiggs
Mikey Dread - Dread At The Controls - Twiggs
Smokey Robinson - Where's There Smoke - 1304
Joni Mitchell - Mingus - Anorak
Pat Metheny - American Garage - Anorak
Bill Bruford - One Of A Kind - Anorak
Chic - Risque - 64
Sister Sledge - We Are Family - 64
Herb Alpert - Rise - 64
Black Uhuru - Showcase - Durly
Crusaders - Streetlife - Durly



Specials - 31
Vangelis -26
Terje Rypdal - 15
Average White Band - 13
Bruford - 12
Earth, Wind & Fire - 11
Chic - 10
Stevie Wonder - 10
Gregory Isaacs - 7
Crusaders - 7
Joni Mitchell - 7
Mikey Dread - 7
Smokey Robinson - 6
Pat Metheny - 4
Dollar Brand - 3
Sister Sledge - 1
Black Uhuru - 1


VOTED - Anorak, BB, BL,, Dr, Durly, Faaip, Gandi, Ges, Gino, GW, Hector, Paul, Tele, Twiggs, 1304, 64
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Durly »

Anyone see the Slade stuff on BBC Four last night? I'd completely forgotten how much I loved them when I was a kid. Also reminds me of a time when Leeds were Europe's finest!

This is Noddy's (and my) favourite of theirs.

Image
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Finally, my Poll 1 votes:

7 - Joy Division
5 - Roger Chapman
3 - Ruts
1 - Patti Smith

Cheers Leon. :tup:
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10878
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Martyn »

Just seen that Wilko Johnson has cancelled tonight and tomorrow's concerts at Canvey Island due to health reasons, hope I'm reading more into that announcement than strictly necessary
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Guildford White wrote:Just seen that Wilko Johnson has cancelled tonight and tomorrow's concerts at Canvey Island due to health reasons, hope I'm reading more into that announcement than strictly necessary
Me too, Martyn....
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:Anyone see the Slade stuff on BBC Four last night? I'd completely forgotten how much I loved them when I was a kid. Also reminds me of a time when Leeds were Europe's finest!

This is Noddy's (and my) favourite of theirs.

Missed it :(
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Durly »

1964white wrote:
Missed it :(
BBC iPlayer is your friend.
Image
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by CSA »

Some sh*t music for you all to digest this cold Sundee...









:rasta: :rasta: Well I like em Sexy memories from a era long gone
Image
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

CSA wrote:Some sh*t music for you all to digest this cold Sundee...



:rasta: :rasta: Well I like em Sexy memories from a era long gone
Three out of four ain't bad :tup: now post up your votes mate :lol:
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Durly wrote:
BBC iPlayer is your friend.
But only in the UK :evil:

Took my young sister to see Slade at Leeds Uni, donkeys years ago. They were amazing live! :tup:
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Durly »

Twiggster wrote:
But only in the UK :evil:

Took my young sister to see Slade at Leeds Uni, donkeys years ago. They were amazing live! :tup:
I'm quite jealous Twiggs. I bet they were bloody loud as well.
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Durly wrote:
I'm quite jealous Twiggs. I bet they were bloody loud as well.
Yes they were! My sis was about 13 then and she couldn't stand the volume. Had to go get toilet paper to plug her ears! :)
Was a great gig tho - had to sneak us in thru the service tunnel (for free), as she was under age for the refectory. I knew the bouncers there too, so was able to get her into dressing rooms for autographs, after the gig. Noddy is a very comical guy (or was back then)...My sis has a broad Leeds accent and Noddy's midlands accent mean't neither of them could understand each other :roflmao: So Noddy put on this BBC accent for her! :-D
She was disappointed with Dave tho. Her idol just signed a picture she'd brought along, but didn't want to chat. She went off him after that.

Loudest band I've ever heard tho was not Sabbath or even Ted Nugent. That award goes to the Sweet! One of the best rock bands I've ever seen! :shock: I was gobsmacked... Singer Brian Connolly (sp?) told me after the gig, that they made the pop songs to finance their tours, so they could rock out like they originally wanted to! They were indeed, years ahead of Kiss, or the other "glamrock" bands.
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Durly »

Twiggster wrote:
Yes they were! My sis was about 13 then and she couldn't stand the volume. Had to go get toilet paper to plug her ears! :)
Was a great gig tho - had to sneak us in thru the service tunnel (for free), as she was under age for the refectory. I knew the bouncers there too, so was able to get her into dressing rooms for autographs, after the gig. Noddy is a very comical guy (or was back then)...My sis has a broad Leeds accent and Noddy's midlands accent mean't neither of them could understand each other :roflmao: So Noddy put on this BBC accent for her! :-D
She was disappointed with Dave tho. Her idol just signed a picture she'd brought along, but didn't want to chat. She went off him after that.

Loudest band I've ever heard tho was not Sabbath or even Ted Nugent. That award goes to the Sweet! One of the best rock bands I've ever seen! :shock: I was gobsmacked... Singer Brian Connolly (sp?) told me after the gig, that they made the pop songs to finance their tours, so they could rock out like they originally wanted to! They were indeed, years ahead of Kiss, or the other "glamrock" bands.
Funnily enough, I've heard that before about The Sweet. Blockbuster was the first record I ever really fell in love with though. Slade, The Sweet, T Rex...........they were the first bands I remember really, being born in 1967. Top Of The Pops was a proper event each week. My brother was 10 years older than me so he had a lot of the records anyway, which was good. As I say, took me back to a happy, more innocent time when trousers were massive and LUFC were Europe's finest.
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Durly wrote:
Funnily enough, I've heard that before about The Sweet. Blockbuster was the first record I ever really fell in love with though. Slade, The Sweet, T Rex...........they were the first bands I remember really, being born in 1967. Top Of The Pops was a proper event each week. My brother was 10 years older than me so he had a lot of the records anyway, which was good. As I say, took me back to a happy, more innocent time when trousers were massive and LUFC were Europe's finest.
My trousers are ALWAYS massive in the crotch area - even today! :twisted: But I know what you mean. :-D
Born in '67 eh? Young pup! I was just experimenting with "psychedelic" bands and the evolving hippy scene back them, as a 13 year old. OH, for a time machine, to go back and relive them....Wonderful years. :tup:
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

I know you are all so busy - but please take an hour to relax and listen to this. I did and I'm totally blown away by the perfection. :tup:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

CSA, Revie, Sofa & any others to vote in Album of 1979 Poll
User avatar
Sofa Head
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:43 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Sofa Head »

1979 votes:


Poll 1

1. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
2. The Fall - Live At The Witch Trials
3. Gang Of Four - Entertainment
4. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Armed Forces


Poll 2

1. The Specials - Specials
2. Chic - Risque
3. Sister Sledge - We Are Family
4. Joni Mitchell - Mingus
Post Reply