Forest on Netflix

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Forest on Netflix

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Whilst off work with covid ,I thought I'd watch the Forest programme on Netflix detailing promotion and subsequent first division title plus back to back European Cup wins. On the face of it a remarkable achievement and something that will never be repeated.
Made me wonder how hasty we might have been ditching Clough.
Should have been England manager for me ,controversial or not..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Forest on Netflix

Post by 1964white »

And me too :tup:

Get well soon MJ
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If he wasn't such a big mouthed arrogant twat when he first came to ER things would have been different, should have had Billy and Giles in then, the directors missed a massive chance and it ultimately cost us dearly with an ageing team, ring any bells ??
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

It does remind us of something metal, arrogance not a problem if backed up ,which Cloughie did.
I forgot how good that Forest side were. Credit where its due.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Get well soon MJS
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

What clough did with that team was amazing
I used to love watching the fat lad on the wing
John Robertson what a player.
Didn't they go the full season undefeated?
Love him or loathe him what ol big head done with Derby & forest makes him an all time great in my book....its a pity the blazers at Lancaster Gate were s**t scared of him.
Frank Clarke & Larry Lloyd were supposed to be finished
Ps
Blyth Spartans were cheated out of an FA cup quarter final against Arsenal that also would of been some achievement right there.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:33 pm Get well soon MJS
Cheers, be a toss up whether the the wife the lad or covid gets me as we all have it🤣
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

liggy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:25 pm What clough did with that team was amazing
I used to love watching the fat lad on the wing
John Robertson what a player.
Didn't they go the full season undefeated?
Love him or loathe him what ol big head done with Derby & forest makes him an all time great in my book....its a pity the blazers at Lancaster Gate were s**t scared of him.
Frank Clarke & Larry Lloyd were supposed to be finished
Ps
Blyth Spartans were cheated out of an FA cup quarter final against Arsenal that also would of been some achievement right there.
Lost 3 not bad back then.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:31 pm It does remind us of something metal, arrogance not a problem if backed up ,which Cloughie did.
I forgot how good that Forest side were. Credit where its due.
But it was before Derby & Forest, also coming to league champions and telling them they cheated.
Paul Madeley, the quitetest of the squad actually said in a meeting he didn't think clough could manage, that pretty much sealed his fate at Leeds.
Not knocking his achievements elsewhere but he came to ER full of self importance and instantly lost the dressing room.
Got to give credit to Armfield for getting us to European cup final only to be robbed.
Agree that England ought to have given old big gob a shot, but, once again, his big gob and arrogance cost him.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Never mind Blyth, poor chesterfield were robbed of an FA semi-final in the boro game.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

mentalcase wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:09 pm But it was before Derby & Forest, also coming to league champions and telling them they cheated.
Paul Madeley, the quitetest of the squad actually said in a meeting he didn't think clough could manage, that pretty much sealed his fate at Leeds.
Not knocking his achievements elsewhere but he came to ER full of self importance and instantly lost the dressing room.
Got to give credit to Armfield for getting us to European cup final only to be robbed.
Agree that England ought to have given old big gob a shot, but, once again, his big gob and arrogance cost him.
Think his relationship with Revie blew that one from the get go. Armfield good man knew how to coax the last bit of quality from the ageing legs.
Robbed indeed.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:45 pm Think his relationship with Revie blew that one from the get go. Armfield good man knew how to coax the last bit of quality from the ageing legs.
Robbed indeed.
Yea agree 100% mick
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:10 pm Never mind Blyth, poor chesterfield were robbed of an FA semi-final in the boro game.
Blyth were in the northern league
Some were pitmen barmen etc
They ko chesterfield in rd2
Beat garth crooks stoke city 3-2 in their own backyard in rd4....and were beating Wrexham 1-0 away in injury time when the ref ordered a retake of the corner kick which had been cleared for a goal kick
It was one of the worse decisions ever by a referee
Arsenal would of been the 1/4 final
Not that I'm bothered like :|