Transfer Poll

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Number 1 target

Poll ended at Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Watkins
10%
Mitrovic
No votes
Eze
24%
Benrahma
24%
Almada
43%

Total votes: 21

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Transfer Poll

Post by Cjay » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:30 pm

Just for fun :)

So based on the list by The Athletic.

Ollie Watkins- 24 year old winger turned striker, 26 goals 3 assists this season.

Aleksandar Mitrovic - 25 year old Serbian battering ram, 26 goals 2 assists this season.

Saïd Benrahma - 24 year old box of tricks, 17 goals 10 assists this season

Eberechi Eze- 22 year old Playmaker, 14 goals 8 assists

Thiago Almada - 19 year old wonderkid, 5 goals 2 assists

Can only pick 1.

Who would it be?

Bally
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Transfer Poll

Post by Bally » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 pm

Are people voting for this Almada just because Leeds have been linked with him and a YouTube compilation or had they heard of him before?I certainly hadnt

Carrick Dave
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Carrick Dave » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:55 pm

Watkins - engine, defensive contribution, vision, linking, pace, scoring - just what we need as an upgrade to Paddy but likely to spur him on as a competitor rather than completely disheartening him as he's some one coming in from the same level.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:01 pm

Eze for me
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!

Boo Radley
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Boo Radley » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:18 pm

It has to be Benrahma for me. He is a wizard on the pitch and creates when nothing appears possible. He’ll bring people into play or he will do it himself. He’s the replacement for Saiz that we never got and probably a replacement in waiting for the wonderful Pablo.

I read or heard somewhere that he was suggested to Brentford by a French schoolteacher that spotted him playing in the French second division.

“And still they gaz'd and still the wonder grew,
That one small head could carry all he knew.”

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:17 am

Boo Radley wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:18 pm
It has to be Benrahma for me. He is a wizard on the pitch and creates when nothing appears possible. He’ll bring people into play or he will do it himself. He’s the replacement for Saiz that we never got and probably a replacement in waiting for the wonderful Pablo.

I read or heard somewhere that he was suggested to Brentford by a French schoolteacher that spotted him playing in the French second division.

“And still they gaz'd and still the wonder grew,
That one small head could carry all he knew.”
Benrahma has a very similar & influential style to Pablo

Benrahma or Watkins for me

We probably won't sign any of those five in this poll, more likely someone we've never heard of!

BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:29 am

Benrhama.
Get him here and teach him to be Pablos replacement.

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:19 am

Ben Rhama to get us over the loss of Ben White.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:18 am

Watkins, not sure he can make the step up. His biggest attribute is his pace but Premier League defenders are faster than championship defenders.

Mitrovic, not really made much impression on the premiership before. Plus his temperament would be a big no for me and could see him not doing what Bielsa wants.

Eze, out of the championship players he would be the one for me. However does he look better because he is in a sh*t team? Izzy Brown stood out for Luton early on this season as an example. Seems to be allowed a free role which he wouldn't get in the Bielsa machine so he would have to adapt and that may make his attacking game less effective.

Benhrama, he is allowed fairly much a free role at Brentford and with them having 3 attackers it means he cannot be closely marked by centrebacks as easily as a striker would be. WOuld be huge question marks for me over his attitude and ability to perform when things get tough. Also don't care for his diving so he would need to cut that out. I don't think he'd have produced the same amount of goals and assists that he got with Brentford if he had to also do the defensive work that his comparables at Leeds, Harrison and Costa, did.

Almada - He'd be the pick for me. Admittedly I know next to nothing about him but he is proven at a higher level than the championship as he plays for 1 of the best clubs in Argentina. He also wouldn't have been paid the sort of money that the others would have already been paid so would still be wanting to prove himself. Argentinian footballers tend to be tough too so I think he would be more able to still play well if he was man marked. What he has achieved so far would certainly suggest he is already a top class player.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:22 am

I think Eze would get the free "Hernandez" role, MB does like to employ the enganche position he'd be suited for
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!

SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:01 pm

Voted for Eze, based on what I've seen, but I know nothing about Almada.
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom...

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Definitely not Mitrovic, but I'd be happy with any of the others. At a push, it's a toss up between Benhamra and Eze, with Almada a close third.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Went for Almada for basically the reasons Weasel said.

Admittedly not seen huge amounts of him but id say the Argentinian league is roughly Championship level.

Only just turned 19, so many people seem to want him, genuinely considered a world class talent which you cant say for any of the others.

Already used to BielsaBall and the style (as he said himself) because Velez use a similar style.

Would be the cheapest, would be able to communicate to MB personally which will help him, already proven at a decent level despite his young age.

2nd choice would be Eze, was tight but chose Almada.

Muppet the Cat
Manager
Manager

Post by Muppet the Cat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Have gone for Eze, who looks very good.

Don’t really know about Almada, other than what I’ve picked up on here, but he’s clearly rated.

So between these two IMO

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:43 pm
Admittedly not seen huge amounts of him but id say the Argentinian league is roughly Championship level.
I would have said that most of the teams would be around Championship level but the top 2 (Velez being 3rd) would be around similar level to the Chelseas, Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal, Leicester type sides (i.e. not quite at the same level as City or Liverpool but would hold their own in the premiership comfortably top half). I'd certainly put Almada's side as at least mid table Premier League standard.
Senor El Weasel

John in Louisiana
Manager
Manager

Post by John in Louisiana » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Almada for me based on the film I've seen these last couple of weeks, the level of competition he's played against, his age, and his asking price.

Dynamic player who will make a significant impact.

Fridge
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fridge » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 pm

John in Louisiana wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm
Almada for me based on the film I've seen these last couple of weeks, the level of competition he's played against, his age, and his asking price.

Dynamic player who will make a significant impact.
He does look good.

I’m always skeptical of these ‘best of’ tapes. After all, JKA looked brilliant on his...
^ Please read above for a (possibly) terrible opinion

Side before self, every time

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:16 pm

JKA could very easily be brilliant. Never got a shot here

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:05 pm

weasel wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm
I would have said that most of the teams would be around Championship level but the top 2 (Velez being 3rd) would be around similar level to the Chelseas, Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal, Leicester type sides (i.e. not quite at the same level as City or Liverpool but would hold their own in the premiership comfortably top half). I'd certainly put Almada's side as at least mid table Premier League standard.
I will defer to your knowledge mate, i dont know but i like what i see from Almada.

His stats are comparable and better in fact then players like Di Maria and Riquelme at a similar age.

Only turned 19 in April.

Can see him being backup to Eze and Benrahma. Given the competition for those 2 wouldn't be shocked if we end up with Almada.

Hope so.

mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:05 pm
I will defer to your knowledge mate, i dont know but i like what i see from Almada.

His stats are comparable and better in fact then players like Di Maria and Riquelme at a similar age.

Only turned 19 in April.

Can see him being backup to Eze and Benrahma. Given the competition for those 2 wouldn't be shocked if we end up with Almada.

Hope so.
Same, plus you know he's not going to have any ego regarding Bielsa, something you can't guarantee with those 'experienced' Premier League players. The great man is revered across half of South America and we'll have a goldmine of willing disciples waiting to be made use of.

Advertisment