HMV

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

HMV

Post by 1964white » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:30 am

HMV opening UK's biggest record store in Birmingham today, the size of a supermarket

80,000 CD's

24,000 Vinyl albums

I was under the impression that Vinyl was out-selling CD's

No doubt HMV will still be charging extortionate prices for your music

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: HMV

Post by faaip » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:14 am

Interesting..basically Brum get somewhere to buy music, rest of us make do with fading second hand shops. I no longer buy on line so have to make do wit what I can get in Sainsburys ..Which is about 1 album a year if I'm lucky. My local store seems to have stopped bothering about new music and I'm not one to live in the past..
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 am

I thought they went bust? Obviously not if they can afford that.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 am

They closed a s**t load of shops including 3 round here but just hung on...must be moving it the right direction again or this is a Comet style gamble..
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:36 am

faaip wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 am
They closed a s**t load of shops including 3 round here but just hung on...must be moving it the right direction again or this is a Comet style gamble..
Generally only purchase new releases from the actual year as they tend to have offers of 2 for £15 which works out far cheaper than Amazon. The York store was set to close in the spring but they have now negotiated a lower rent deal with their landlord & are still operating after I perused their website.

Music Magpie is a excellent source for music, no need to open an account as they are a subsidary of Amazon so my purchases are paid through my Amazon account. Still buy from Amazon but MM are generally cheaper.

Hunt around charity shops however you have to know the best ones that sell better quality music at reasonable prices as oppose to the ones that just sell junk

Secondhand music shops in certain towns/cities are very good, one terrific store in Scarborough & a cracking one in Manchester too!

Advertisment