How's everyone's nerves?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: How's everyone's nerves?

Post by Cjay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

1964white wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 am
I don't see the point of promotion only to be relegated again, that's going backwards.

How many clubs go back up again after relegation ?

This opportunity maybe the only crack we'll get at the premiership.

We'll need to improve the squad & consolidate our position gradually & go on from there

I don't want a yo-yo club, we need to continue our progress if & when we are promoted to the premiership.

Burnley & Bournemouth have shown it can be done on a small budget, I would hope we could better those two smaller clubs in time with our revenue, sponsorship & all the monies that come with premiership status
Agree with this.

Said before i wasn't sure i wanted promotion because we would just become another of the pack, at least in this league we have a goal.

However if we go up i want us to aim for top 10.

Its a huge ask but thats what we should be doing.

Decent investment, don't go overboard (as if) but invest in 3 or 4 quality players.

Outside of the top 4 there isn't much between the rest, if Bielsa can turn our mid table fodder into promotion contenders then i have faith with 3 or 4 good players he could have us comfortable around 10th.

mothbanquet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by mothbanquet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, it's so close to the end of the season and nothing's guaranteed. I think if the Blunts dropped another 2/3 points against Forest and we beat Wigan my nerves will be almost completely settled. I can't relax with a 3 point cushion, inferior GD and 4 games to go.

BGwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BGwhite » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:10 pm

Yep it's the GD that makes me unsettled, if we can just bang a hatful in on Friday it's worth another point and we'd be almost over the line completely but for now I'm not counting my chickens.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Irish Ian » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:46 pm

I just watched the highlights of Wigan v Norwich.

Wigan looked good on the break, quite a bit of pace about them too.

We will need to be careful on Friday and the fans will need to be patient with the team.

I hope I am wrong but it wont be easy against a side fighting for their league survival.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

BGwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BGwhite » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 pm

Irish Ian wrote:I just watched the highlights of Wigan v Norwich.

Wigan looked good on the break, quite a bit of pace about them too.

We will need to be careful on Friday and the fans will need to be patient with the team.

I hope I am wrong but it wont be easy against a side fighting for their league survival.
Very true. This game is not a foregone conclusion at all. They were very good against Norwich and with a bit more composure should have won . 7 points away from home is appalling though and this shouldn't be anything other than a Leeds win and I'm sure MB will have the players totally focused, fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk