The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am

Good Morning Everyone

Is the Vydra deal going to happen or not?

If truth be known, Leeds Utd themselves don't have a clue, but they are keeping their options open.

Jordan Hugill, the former Preston front man has been linkled to a season long loan move from the London Stadium.

Should we be able to secure the move, it would still mean we would be able to sign Vydra.




The other rumours doing the rounds should we not be able to sign Vyrda is either Boro front man Britt Assombalonga (who recently had a training ground bust up with team mates) or Villa talisman Jonathan Kodjia!




We heard last Thursday that Leeds wanted to sign a goalkeeper by the end of last week.

Obviously that did not happen. Surely this means we should see it happen today?
Last edited by Ellandback1 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13243
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by HarryofOz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am
Good Morning Everyone

Is the Vydra deal going to happen or not?

If truth be known, Leeds Utd themselves don't have a clue, but they are keeping their options open.

Jordan Hugill, the former Preston front man has been linkled to a season long loan move from the London Stadium.

Should we be able to secure the move, it would still mean we would be able to sign Vydra.




The other rumours doing the rounds should we not be able to sign Vyrda is either Boro front man Britt Assombalonga (who recently had a training ground bust up with team mates) or Villa talisman Jonathan Kodjia!




We herard last Thursday that Leeds wanted to sign a goalkeeper by the end of last week.

Obviously that did not happen. Surely this means we should see it today?
Good morning EB, don't call me Shirley :)
We're going up like there is no gravity!

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18868
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by gessa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am

Morning Matt.

Strange Vydra nor Hernandez have found new clubs yet, wonder why that is, especially Hernandez.

Hugill is a no for me, not an inspiring signing if it were to happen.

Expect a new keeper today/ tomorrow plus one more this week.

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 am

Monday Debate

Hundreds of England fans descended on IKEA in East London following their victory over Sweden on Saturday.

These fans , many of them drunk were jumping up and down on the furniture / beds singing England songs!


Your opinion - high spirits or lock the yobs up?

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 am

HarryofOz wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 am
Good morning EB, don't call me Shirley :)
Evening Harry, only at weekends, eh?

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13243
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by HarryofOz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 am
Evening Harry, only at weekends, eh?
:lol: :lol:
We're going up like there is no gravity!

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 am

gessa wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am
Morning Matt.

Strange Vydra nor Hernandez have found new clubs yet, wonder why that is, especially Hernandez.

Hugill is a no for me, not an inspiring signing if it were to happen.

Expect a new keeper today/ tomorrow plus one more this week.
Morning Gessa, I agree with you regarding the transfers. I hope its a signing to get excited about. Something happened on Friday for the transfer of the Chelsea keeper not to go through. Let's hope Citeh have an agreement with us over Gunn....

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 65353
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am

Good morning Matt

As for the supposedly big transfers I'll believe it when happens, once again the transfer window has become tedious as far as Leeds fans are concerned.

Definitely no to Hugill

Unfortunately beer/lager brings out the worst in football fans.

I see it at every Leeds away game, it seems acceptable from the football society to behave like idiots although we do live in a yob culture these days which only increases the problems

Tbh if it wasn't for my love of LUFC I wouldn't venture anywhere near the yob element.

Call me Mr Boring but I don't see the fun in getting absolutely bladdered, excess alcohol is the root of so many problems in general life nowadays which has the knock on effect of putting a massive strain on the NHS

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18868
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by gessa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 am
Monday Debate

Hundreds of England fans descended on IKEA in East London following their victory over Sweden on Saturday.

These fans , many of them drunk were jumping up and down on the furniture / beds singing England songs!


Your opinion - high spirits or lock the yobs up?
Lock em up, in flat pack cells

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 65353
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 am

gessa wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 am
Lock em up, in flat pack cells
:rol: :rol: :rol:

danhirons
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by danhirons » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am

1964white wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am
Good morning Matt

As for the supposedly big transfers I'll believe it when happens, once again the transfer window has become tedious as far as Leeds fans are concerned.

Definitely no to Hugill

Unfortunately beer/lager brings out the worst in football fans.

I see it at every Leeds away game, it seems acceptable from the football society to behave like idiots although we do live in a yob culture these days which only increases the problems

Tbh if it wasn't for my love of LUFC I wouldn't venture anywhere near the yob element.

Call me Mr Boring but I don't see the fun in getting absolutely bladdered, excess alcohol is the root of so many problems in general life nowadays which has the knock on effect of putting a massive strain on the NHS
drinking excessively is not a new element of society - you just see it more nowadays because of social media

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 65353
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm

danhirons wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am
drinking excessively is not a new element of society - you just see it more nowadays because of social media
More prevalent now I believe !

Plenty of cheap booze can be purchased at the supermarkets than decades ago

My grandad's or father never drank at 9 o'clock in the morning

Women never use to drink pints years ago

User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by hector » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:25 pm

There are people sat outside Wetherspoons in Andover on a monday morning at 0830 with a pint and a fag...... they may be there earlier than that, only that is the time I get there to do my shopping....
:tup: “And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.” :wink:

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:30 pm

@PhilHayYEP
9m9 minutes ago
Not looking promising with Matej Vydra - Leeds United cool interest in Derby County striker after balking at fresh wage demands

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6823
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by weasel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Must admit the lack of the booze/yob culture was a huge plus when I was living in Spain. Obviously the coastline areas is boozy (but that is in general the brits abroad) but how great it was late at night to be able to sit outside bars watching footy, kids running and playing, people drinking but sociably, no sign of trouble, nobody shouting fighting, no smashed glasses everywhere and no people urinating etc. Have a drink, meet people, have a good time, drink till the early hours and no sign of trouble.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 pm

1964white wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am
Good morning Matt

As for the supposedly big transfers I'll believe it when happens, once again the transfer window has become tedious as far as Leeds fans are concerned.

Definitely no to Hugill

Unfortunately beer/lager brings out the worst in football fans.

I see it at every Leeds away game, it seems acceptable from the football society to behave like idiots although we do live in a yob culture these days which only increases the problems

Tbh if it wasn't for my love of LUFC I wouldn't venture anywhere near the yob element.

Call me Mr Boring but I don't see the fun in getting absolutely bladdered, excess alcohol is the root of so many problems in general life nowadays which has the knock on effect of putting a massive strain on the NHS
Afternoon Leon,

My balcony overlooks Southampton high St. There were hundreds of steaming fans leaving the pubs at 5pm, chanting, kicking things, walking in the traffic, just general anti social behaviour, and very aggressive.

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 pm

danhirons wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am
drinking excessively is not a new element of society - you just see it more nowadays because of social media
Afternoon Dan, I think you're right.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 65353
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:43 pm

hector wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:25 pm
There are people sat outside Wetherspoons in Andover on a monday morning at 0830 with a pint and a fag...... they may be there earlier than that, only that is the time I get there to do my shopping....
See the same here at Wetherspoons when I drive through our local town

Bordering on alcoholism if one is drinking at that time, all very sad !

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 65353
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 pm
Afternoon Dan, I think you're right.
I disagree Matt, the situation has got worse, more access to alcohol at all hours of the day.

People's drinking habits use to be contained to the pubs in the main years ago, not the case anymore

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 65353
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 pm
Afternoon Leon,

My balcony overlooks Southampton high St. There were hundreds of steaming fans leaving the pubs at 5pm, chanting, kicking things, walking in the traffic, just general anti social behaviour, and very aggressive.
As I posted earlier I often see these situations at Leeds aways & we won't be the only fans who behave like idiots. I don't bother venturing down the concourse at half-time as the toilets are generally full of smoke & drink is being thrown everywhere, totally manic !

Post Reply