Things that drive you mad

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Things that drive you mad

Post by 1964white »

Your pet hates please

I'll start the ball rolling

School mum drivers
gessa

Re: Things that drive you mad about the human race

Post by gessa »

Plenty of things but whilst we're on driving, it has to be middle lane drivers on the motorway, and what gets me about a lot of them is they are youngish - middle aged men , the sort that you will meet down the pub slagging off women drivers.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Plenty of things but whilst we're on driving, it has to be middle lane drivers on the motorway, and what gets me about a lot of them is they are youngish - middle aged men , the sort that you will meet down the pub slagging off women drivers.
Drives me potty too :tup:

How many times have i pull out from the inside lane to pass one one of these inconsiderate idiots in the middle onto the outside lane & then head back to the inside lane on a empty road looking back in my mirror to see this kind of motorist still piddling down the middle lane totally oblivious to what is going on around them

The M1 is a classic around Nottingham, a four lane carriageway was constructed only for the majority of drivers not to use the first two lanes hence traffic jams build up.....crazy :|
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

The rest of it
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Dropping litter in the street, but worse than that I go into the dales and Lake District quite often and I'm starting to find it being dropped in our beautiful countryside.

Even worse thrown from vehicles, next time you come off the motorway look at all the rubbish and bottles at the end of the slip road in the long grass and bushes.
I've seen this happen several times and it's usually the Audi/ BMW type who are dashing to a meeting and don't want any rubbish in their car just in case anyone has to get in or see it.... Makes my blood boil. :rant: :rant:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Dropping litter in the street, but worse than that I go into the dales and Lake District quite often and I'm starting to find it being dropped in our beautiful countryside.

Even worse thrown from vehicles, next time you come off the motorway look at all the rubbish and bottles at the end of the slip road in the long grass and bushes.
I've seen this happen several times and it's usually the Audi/ BMW type who are dashing to a meeting and don't want any rubbish in their car just in case anyone has to get in or see it.... Makes my blood boil. :rant: :rant:
Me too Rich :tup: that's society for you
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

If we're talking big things - bigotry, selfishness and greed.

If we're talking little things....

People who leave their rubbish on the train

People who leave their shopping trolleys in parking spots

People who stare fixedly/type on their smart phones/tablets while walking rather than looking where they are going.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

The list is endless, here's two for starters

People who are so impatient at shop tills who can't wait for you to be finished being served & almost jump in your trolley.
One of these days i am going to say "would they jump in my grave as quick" !!!

When we're out for a meal, people who use their utensils incorrectly shovelling their food down with their mouths wide open looking more like a cement mixer, what they need is a shovel

Next......
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

london bus drivers.drivers that dont indicate.red light jumpers.drivers that tailgate.brits abroad.on & on http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ed-cyclist. then there are good people around to
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:
Drives me potty too :tup:

How many times have i pull out from the inside lane to pass one one of these inconsiderate idiots in the middle onto the outside lane & then head back to the inside lane on a empty road looking back in my mirror to see this kind of motorist still piddling down the middle lane totally oblivious to what is going on around them

The M1 is a classic around Nottingham, a four lane carriageway was constructed only for the majority of drivers not to use the first two lanes hence traffic jams build up.....crazy :|
Coming back from Somerset on Sunday evening, inside lane doing 70, quickly catching up a small white van doing about 50 in the middle lane, with nothing ahead of him in either lane, so I indicate to the third lane to overtake, when I'm along side him I look over and the pr!ck is actually texting, sometimes I wish I was a copper.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
Coming back from Somerset on Sunday evening, inside lane doing 70, quickly catching up a small white van doing about 50 in the middle lane, with nothing ahead of him in either lane, so I indicate to the third lane to overtake, when I'm along side him I look over and the pr!ck is actually texting, sometimes I wish I was a copper.
Dick, killer on the highway
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Reminds me of "Grumpy Old Men" on the BBC! :mrgreen:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

The temerity of die-hard creationists who deride Darwinian evolution as lacking in evidence in the same breath as expressing as fact the miracles of Jesus Christ.

I'm not saying one belief is better than the other per se, just that the criteria of validity for one theory should equally be applied to the other. I despise hypocrisy.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Things that drive you mad about the human race

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Noisy eaters
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Things that drive you mad about the human race

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

People
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Just today :

Call centres
Being cold called by call centres
Being texted about a non existent accident that you'vr meant to have had
Accident for you lawyer adverts
PPI cold calling when you've never had a loan
Trying to SPEAK to someone on the phone but you have to wade through numerous options to do it
0800 numbers
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Oh and I've just trodden in some dog s**t , so that as well I guess ( the owner is at fault not the dog )
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:People
:roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:Plenty of things but whilst we're on driving, it has to be middle lane drivers on the motorway, and what gets me about a lot of them is they are youngish - middle aged men , the sort that you will meet down the pub slagging off women drivers.

I really don't get the problem anyone has with middle lane drivers. I've never had a problem with them down here. If there's a car on the inside lane I will overtake in the next minute or two then I stay in the middle lane, and as a clear inside lane is as common as a three headed pig then I tend to stay mostly in the middle lane, with the odd move to the outside
Last edited by The Subhuman on Fri May 29, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billie1 wrote:Just today :

Call centres
Being cold called by call centres
Being texted about a non existent accident that you'vr meant to have had
Accident for you lawyer adverts
PPI cold calling when you've never had a loan
Trying to SPEAK to someone on the phone but you have to wade through numerous options to do it
0800 numbers
An irritation & intrusion on our lives for many i suspect Billie

I do wonder what these people are like who work for such companies