Player Profile : Ezgjan Alioski - Clacton, Kindest, Richard, SG, Y.Square & others to vote

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Profile : Ezgjan Alioski - Clacton, Kindest, Richard, SG, Y.Square & others to vote

Post by 1964white »

2019/20

Ezgjan Alioski

A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

Seasons rating out of ten

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
hector

Re: Player Profile : Ezgjan Alioski

Post by hector »

I think we should keep the duracell bunny as a squad player, his character keeps the real team members amused.... :mrgreen:
6/10 mainly for his impact as a sub...
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Ali is as mad as a box of frogs and loves to wind everyone up but he’s still a good player and can run all day long which suits Bielsa.

Retain as a squad player

Season rating 7/10
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Most difficult one yet.

Certainly not a regular starter in the Premiership as he hasn’t been last season in the Championship. He would be behind Dallas and possibly Davis even if we didn’t get a new left back so not a starter or even back up there. He would certainly be behind Harrison at left wing and not really good enough for that position anyway and, frustratingly, never seems to be able to stay onside.

Having said all that he has scored some very useful goals over the last 2 years and is an extremely likeable character and I’m sure would have a part to play in the dressing room keeping everyone amused.

Can’t give him any more than a 6.5/10 for last season and on balance is probably not good enough at Premiership level so, with a very heavy heart but being pragmatic and slightly ruthless, I would say move him on.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Build his statue and rename us Ali FC :)

Definitely keep at least as a squad player.

6th for chances created, 5th for tackles per game, 5th for goals scored, 6th for assists.

Harrison and Klich scored 1 more goal in 1800 more minutes.

Dallas had the same 5 goals and 3 assists but played nearly 4k minutes, Ali played 2300.

His energy is brilliant and still underrated imo. He did a lot in his limited minutes last season.

Bigger goal and creative threat then almost anyone we have. Doesn't always stay onside or pick the right pass, but he has proven he is more capable then anyone else we have aside from Pablo of creating a goal or scoring one.

100% keep

7.5/10.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Back up two sided winger for me with an ability to step into a wing back spot in a crisis, good player to have around.

Keep as a bench player

#2 LW
#4 LWB
#3 RW

Difficult to rate off the bench but 6.5/10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:35 pm Build his statue and rename us Ali FC :)

Definitely keep at least as a squad player.

6th for chances created, 5th for tackles per game, 5th for goals scored, 6th for assists.

Harrison and Klich scored 1 more goal in 1800 more minutes.

Dallas had the same 5 goals and 3 assists but played nearly 4k minutes, Ali played 2300.

His energy is brilliant and still underrated imo. He did a lot in his limited minutes last season.

Bigger goal and creative threat then almost anyone we have. , or pick the right pass, but he has proven he is more capable then anyone else we have aside from Pablo of creating a goal or scoring one.

100% keep

7.5/10.
You're right there CJay, still often gets caught offside.....he must run too fast :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:18 pm Most difficult one yet.

Certainly not a regular starter in the Premiership as he hasn’t been last season in the Championship. He would be behind Dallas and possibly Davis even if we didn’t get a new left back so not a starter or even back up there. He would certainly be behind Harrison at left wing and not really good enough for that position anyway and, frustratingly, never seems to be able to stay onside.
Definitely the most difficult one so far & you make some great points

Is he good enough if he can't hold a place down in our championship side ?

Some fans question Dallas ability but side with Alioski

Still don't know if he is a defender or a winger.

And when coming on as a sub in our final nine games Alio still hasn't mastered timing his runs to stay onside

Pluses are

His energy, will run all day for his team

Capable of a goal or an assist coming off the bench

Likeable fella in the dressing room

Are those three pluses enough to retain Alio ?

If we sign another left-back & left winger I would suggest not!

As long as we don't make any signings in his position I'd give Ezgjan the benefit of doubt & RETAIN him,
whether he'd get much game time is debatable

Rating 6/10
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:34 pm You're right there CJay, still often gets caught offside.....he must run too fast :lol:
Perhaps :lol:

But he is more of a goal threat then Costa, Harrison and Dallas.

More creative to.

And more consistent :)

Dallas and JH have had 1 decent season.

Ali has had 3 in a row :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Another of those players who have given so much to the side that they deserve to be retained.

Squad player, though; certainly not a starter.

As a squad player, though, he has definite advantages. He can play multiple positions. His energy level and "in your face" play makes him a major pain in the neck for the opposition. If he starts, he runs the opponent ragged; if he comes on as a sub, his pace buries an opponent who has already logged 60 or 70 minutes.

He's also all Leeds. He's never complained about minutes or starts. He loves the club, the city, and the fans, and the fans love him back. He's the sort of crazy you hate to play against, but love having on your side.

7/10
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Without a shadow of doubt the most over rated player to ever grace the white shirt. He runs like a headless chicken, control is poor, tackling abysmal and the amount of times he has wasted great opportunities by getting caught offside is borderline criminal. As such I would get rid of him and cannot give him a mark any higher than 3 for last season.

Okay think that should have got Cjay frothing at the mouth in anger. Alioski's versatility and workrate are exactly what is needed in a squad player. He can start or come on in at least 3 positions and is always going to give it 100%. His versatility means you don't need as big a squad and also ensures he will get plenty of minutes so he shouldn't get too frustrated. He has chipped in with a few goals too. I would definitely retain him as a squad player and give him a rating of 7.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

I do like Ali lots. Would run through a brick wall for the team, scores goals, quick, puts defenders under pressure, likeable, versatile, and underrated imo. Just wish he could stay onside more often!

No brainer for me, keep as a much valued squad player. 6.5/10.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

He's been a really good rotation player for us, useful in a few positions, and a whole lot of fun to have around. Honestly, I would love to keep him but I think he's falling down the pecking order a little. I expect us to sign a recognized left back which will push Dallas to the bench. Becuase I expect us to add 3 or 4 first team players, that puts Alioski out of the reckoning unfortunately. If he stays, I put I'm outside of an 18 man squad but inside of a 22 man squad - I'd be happy with that but I don't think he would be.

Sadly time to move on

6.5/10 - Probably a 6, but slightly more for his value to the squad and morale
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:24 am He's been a really good rotation player for us, useful in a few positions, and a whole lot of fun to have around. Honestly, I would love to keep him but I think he's falling down the pecking order a little. I expect us to sign a recognized left back which will push Dallas to the bench. Becuase I expect us to add 3 or 4 first team players, that puts Alioski out of the reckoning unfortunately. If he stays, I put I'm outside of an 18 man squad but inside of a 22 man squad - I'd be happy with that but I don't think he would be.

Sadly time to move on

6.5/10 - Probably a 6, but slightly more for his value to the squad and morale
Agree Andrew :tup:

If we sign a LB & make a few other signings how the heck is Alio even going to find a place on the bench?

I'm happy for him to stay but he struggled to gain a first-team place in our championship team, even Douglas got the nod above him from the bench on a couple of occasions
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:35 am Agree Andrew :tup:

If we sign a LB & make a few other signings how the heck is Alio even going to find a place on the bench?

I'm happy for him to stay but he struggled to gain a first-team place in our championship team, even Douglas got the nod above him from the bench on a couple of occasions
Overall, another Orta miss for me - 6/10.

Having said that, he does pop up to score some goals 19 in total for the club, and an average of 6.33 per season over the last 3 seasons. ( 7, 7 and 5 ) Considering that our current front 3 score an incredibly low number of goals, I would retain him as a squad player for this reason alone. In 2016/17 he actually scored 16 goals for Lugano....He also scored one more goal last season than Costa who we have just paid 16m for....
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

If a decent bid came (£15M) then sell.

Decent squad player, wont be able to be used as a defender next time.
Might be Ok off the bench but I would rather see Gotts, Stevens, MacAlmont, Bogusz, Shacks all get game time ahead of him.

Nothing against him, he has had a few bright spots this season, Hull, Hudds, Millwall. But he played less this season than last.

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Its a tough one, he's a great character so i find myself trying to find a place for him rather than him finding is own. Its been said already that his greatest attribute is his attacking intent and occasionally scoring important goals. It will all depend on who and how many players we sign, but in this current squad he fills in for Harrison if he gets injured for me. Its consistency that lets him down. Some good, some bad but i'm going to give him a super sub tag for his attacking intent.

So Retain for now. Our signings will tell us more.
6.5/10
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Alio stays on the bench because he's a left winger who plays right wing even better. Atm he's Harrison's cover.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Scored some important goals so keep in the same role as impact sub and able to cover a few positions if needed.

So...Retain as a squad player.

7/10
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Worth keeping as a squad player for his versatility.

7/10