Ian Poveda- Wendies loan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ian Poveda

Post by The Subhuman »

paddy parrott wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 pm Might tomorrow bring news of the ..."Double Swoop " by Leeds United ....or news reporting a double whammy !
Let's remain steadfast ,hopefull& optimistic of a timely boost in all matters Leeds United on & off the pitch.
Friday..we used to call it Fat Reg Friday over on S&B pride
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

News of camera flashes in an upper story board room at ER...I don't think it's a long medical just the board like to "pick" their time to announce it. I'd be surprised if Poveda hasn't already signed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have been absent mindedly singing Ai No Poveda all evening apparently
gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:45 pm Different league, different level, in a class of his own surrounded by outstanding team mates. If Poveda turns out a quarter as good as Messi we've stolen him from City .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Obviously but you seem to be writing him off before he's even kicked a ball for us.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa makes mistakes, he doesnt rotate enough and his insistence on effectively a squad of 18 is madness imo.

However.

I trust his judgement in terms of being able to pick a talent.

If he rated Poveda enough to personally get involved in signing him that is good enough for me.

This isnt MB finding solutions with what he has available.

This is MB seeing someone he thinks can make a difference.

That alone is enough for me.

Ian (bloody Ian) looks different to anyone else we have.

He didnt breakthrough at City but he got closer then Jack Harrison did and Jack has done ok this season.

I think Poveda is exciting, he looks like he is someone who could become a real fans favourite and crucially maybe he can be that number 10 we have lacked since Saiz left?

Small, pacey and direct!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote:
Obviously but you seem to be writing him off before he's even kicked a ball for us.
Not writing him off but not expecting much from a kid with no experience .

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Welcome to Leeds United, Ian.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:31 pm Bielsa makes mistakes, he doesnt rotate enough and his insistence on effectively a squad of 18 is madness imo.

However.

I trust his judgement in terms of being able to pick a talent.

If he rated Poveda enough to personally get involved in signing him that is good enough for me.

This isnt MB finding solutions with what he has available.

This is MB seeing someone he thinks can make a difference.

That alone is enough for me.

Ian (bloody Ian) looks different to anyone else we have.

He didnt breakthrough at City but he got closer then Jack Harrison did and Jack has done ok this season.

I think Poveda is exciting, he looks like he is someone who could become a real fans favourite and crucially maybe he can be that number 10 we have lacked since Saiz left?

Small, pacey and direct!!!!
tbf jack harrison never was or will be more than formally a man city player - he was transferred then and then loaned out with the plan of selling in the future to balance the man city books

i reckon if poveda joins he'll be in the u23s this season, subs bench for the first team
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:21 am Not writing him off but not expecting much from a kid with no experience .

Last season it was Dan James we were after - a kid with little experience just a handful of sub appearances for Swansea and a couple of starts. Obviously far too early to suggest he is as good as James turned out to be but last season, like this, we needed someone with a bit of pace and able to carry the ball and hopefully score a few goals too. Poveda seems to fit the bill in terms of what he can do and City are a bit like us that they don't just loan kids out when it is better to have them training with them - I think Harrison is the exception but that was probably down to 2 things, Bielsa and the fact we play similar way to City.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:04 pm News of camera flashes in an upper story board room at ER...I don't think it's a long medical just the board like to "pick" their time to announce it. I'd be surprised if Poveda hasn't already signed
Considerate of our board to keep the majority of our fanbase waiting who are very concerned with the lack of numbers, eight games in a 32 day period could easily take it's toll with our fragile squad.

Hopefully Poveda will be the first of three signings at the very least!
gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:21 am Not writing him off but not expecting much from a kid with no experience .

That's the spirit ;-)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

:) :-D :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Why are we waiting?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Last seen on a flight to Italy !

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apparently we are waiting for the paperwork to go through.......pigeon post :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kinnear drowning Poveda with paperwork. Sign it you b*****d :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We all know that Leeds fans love a long, slow arousal
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:48 pm We all know that Leeds fans love a long, slow arousal
So true. 😁
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I always liked it S L O W.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Be announced January 31st.

" We had lots of money ready to spend, we had irons in the fire, we believe Bielsa can find solutions with what he has available, welcome Ian Poveda though" :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom