When we'll we win again?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

When we'll we win again?

Post by 1964white »

We win seven consecutive games

Plenty of clean sheets

Scoring goals on the break

Confidence flowing

Then we win only one of our next seven games

Clean sheets have gone out with the washing (unlucky yesterday)

Scoring goals on the break have dried up

Collectively as a team we can't hit a barn door, our shooting & heading is appalling

We can't score from corners

We miss penalties

Injuries/suspensions have kicked in to the extent we now only have twelve first-team players we can call on with a bunch of kids on the bench

So where is our next win coming from?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: When we'll we win again?

Post by Irish Ian »

Chin up Leon it cant last forever.

While I cant see the FC and corner situation resolving itself soon-- that for me is a result of not having many good headers in the side...

I think we will do Millwall.

I heard a rumour that Ralph Hasenhüttl woke up this morning with a horses head in his bed...

There may be hope.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

HOPEFULLY miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilwall
a difficult game , they're bang in form and those c**ts will absolute relish adding more salt to the wound .
we're going to miss phillips as well.
admittedly it doesn't bode well
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

The thing about this team is it has the capabilities to win any and every game, but the amount of chances we waste is killing us. Last year Pablo would pull it out of the bag, this year the magic isn’t quite there for when we are struggling.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

2-0 v Millwall

Bowen, Poveda
hector

Post by hector »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am

I heard a rumour that Ralph Hasenhüttl woke up this morning with a horses head in his bed...

There may be hope.
It wasn't me.....!!!!

I quite like horses :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am Chin up Leon it cant last forever.
Thanks Ian

I fear going to London, one victory in nineteen games. Thankfully only one more trip to watch their captain & those quick lads upfront put one over us to make it 1 in 20.

I fear playing poor clubs like Sheff Wed, Millwall & Cardiff all big teams where hoof is the name of the game for them, we just can't cope with them.

I fear small stadiums such as Loftus Road & Griffin Park.

I fear the state of refereeing where officials who have a habit of dishing out wrong decisions, the Leeds fans sung yesterday "1-0 to the referee" as was the case at Millwall & Fulham with bad decisions going against us early in the game putting us on the back foot.

I fear for the state of our squad.

And as a Leeds fan I hate January, fortunately our winter is mild & the sun is shining here :sun:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am 2-0 v Millwall

Bowen Poveda
Can't see it Sara but we can dream
gessa

Post by gessa »

VAR and we would have won that game yesterday and the wrist slashing would stop, plus we'd still have Phillips for the next 3 games.
Refs cost us time and again but yesterday caused the biggest damage.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:22 am VAR and we would have won that game yesterday and the wrist slashing would stop, plus we'd still have Phillips for the next 3 games.
This
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:22 am VAR and we would have won that game yesterdayand the wrist slashing would stop, plus we'd still have Phillips for the next 3 games.
Said that to a QPR fan on our grocery shop this morning.

Asked him was his team playing basketball yesterday, he justified it with Bamford dived for our penalty, he also thought they deserved to win the game :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bamford did dive for the pen tbf but that was after the original two errors which would have changed the game anyway
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Well 64 I sat down and watched it yesterday with no anticipation of a win to be honest. I had gone for a 2 - 0 defeat on the predictions forum (well we never win in London do we :roll: )

I really do fear it's last season all over again - unless some real rabbits are pulled from Orta's magic bag :duno:

With the upcoming games many of the teams are on an upward curve, whereas we are on a downward one. What may have seemed straightforward games (Millwall, Swansea, 'Boro, Reading etc..) may now be seen as anything but.

They could of course dish up a WBA at home performance from last season against Millwall and everything again seems somewhat more positive :duno:

They better sort it out by the Brizzle at home game though as I (and the good lady wife) are coming up for the weekend and will be going and I don't want to watch the same as yesterday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:56 pm Well 64 I sat down and watched it yesterday with no anticipation of a win to be honest. I had gone for a 2 - 0 defeat on the predictions forum (well we never win in London do we :roll: )

I really do fear it's last season all over again - unless some real rabbits are pulled from Orta's magic bag :duno:

With the upcoming games many of the teams are on an upward curve, whereas we are on a downward one. What may have seemed straightforward games (Millwall, Swansea, 'Boro, Reading etc..) may now be seen as anything but.

They could of course dish up a WBA at home performance from last season against Millwall and everything again seems somewhat more positive :duno:

They better sort it out by the Brizzle at home game though as I (and the good lady wife) are coming up for the weekend and will be going and I don't want to watch the same as yesterday.
I really hope we can get back to winning ways long before your visit to ER Cat.

The team & our fans need a confidence lift sooner than later. We play some lovely football at times but we are so frustrating to watch so much so it hurts!

The squad problems needs to be addressed quickly, looking at that bench & the lack of quality to change the game was demoralising
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

We have a nice break now, signings(not sure how good they will be) are sure to come in that period and we should all be confident and behind the lads at elland road vs millwall, we will beat them, then wigan and then hammer forest away all will be rosy again.