QPR v Leeds United - 1-0 MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

QPR v Leeds United - 1-0 MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure why I'm bothering tbh I'm expecting a lot of negativity but for me a few players played very well

Casilla
Ayling
Cooper
White
Dallas
Phillips
Klich
Harrison
Costa
Hernandez
Bamford

Stevens
Alioski

Top 6 please, if it's only one or two they'll get one or two points
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR v Leeds United - 1-0 MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

Klich - 6
Ayling - 5
Costa - 4
White - 3
Harrison - 2
Hernandez - 1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

kiko ... did nothing wrong !
white
ayling
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Home by 7.20pm......food time :)

Ayling
White
Casilla
Klich
Hernandez
Phillips
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Ayling was terrific .....( not consistently so but terrific ) today.
Thought Ben White had a good game ( now he is Mr. Consistent). Great player.
For me Big Liam Cooper too stood up .( His passing was better & thought he done well.
Jack Harrison did well too ( big Engine & should have scored) however ....
Hernandez ok but seriously we need a player of his calibre getting past defender more and doing it in the penalty box. Ok he's 35 but at least make the by- line Pablo.
Costa/Klich/ .... not physically present at times but .....I'd give Alioski a mention for a point.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Hope you enjoyed your dinner '64.
Did well to get in @7.20 mate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:19 pm Hope you enjoyed your dinner '64.
Did well to get in @7.20 mate.
I did thanks Paddy :)

Got out of London really quickly, the M1 wasn't too busy fortunately with our coach dropping four of us off at Woodall Services by 6.10pm then onwards in the car back to East Yorks
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Klich
White
Cooper
Ayling
Kiko
Alioski
gessa

Post by gessa »

I take it everyone is omitting the immense performance of Phillips because of his idiotic red card.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yes , Gessa he didn't need to go in like that in the final throws of a game that had slipped away from them. Of course Cameron played to the fact that the reaction was one of horror.
Bet he didn't need a extra second though to dust himself down moments after .But it's the nature of this type of tackling Phillip's was a silly boy.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not denying he was stupid, born out of frustration but should know better now. At least it shows he cares I suppose. But before that, he was head and shoulders above anyone else.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Ayling
Cooper
Klich
White
Kiko
Phillips (would have been higher, but......)

Bamford: QPR MOTM
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Phillips was my number 3 Ges until the red but to be honest I've no idea why Klich isn't receiving more praise. No Klich and Phillips is not the same player, he does the dirty work while still finding the odd moment to be creative. But he's not a demonstrative footballer but one who just does everything simply...That was a stunningly good cross for Paddy, about as good as it could be hit. He put his foot on the ball in defence when a few were struggling to contain. He held the ball up well, he released players and created space all game. He almost lead this team today. Phillips was superb except for his poor set pieces but you have to take that into account as everyone did for Berardi's reds in the past. At least Kalvin didn't get the insults thrown his way Berardi used to and I bet we don't get ..Oh here comes Mr Red Card..whn he returns from his ban...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:45 pm Not denying he was stupid, born out of frustration but should know better now. At least it shows he cares I suppose. But before that, he was head and shoulders above anyone else.
Agree mate KP was outstanding but rightly or wrongly I omitted him from my six as that tackle was horrendous even though as you say it was born out of frustration. Kalvin will know he has let his teammates & fans down.

Maybe I should change my stance on his omission from my final six after I've slept on it
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Klich
Kiko
White
Ali
Ayling

KP would have been in there to as he was playing well but no excuse for what he did.

He made an unlikely comeback impossible and frustration is no excuse, not a kid anymore and if he is the England international in waiting some think then he has to control himself.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:19 pm Phillips was my number 3 Ges until the red but to be honest I've no idea why Klich isn't receiving more praise. No Klich and Phillips is not the same player, he does the dirty work while still finding the odd moment to be creative. But he's not a demonstrative footballer but one who just does everything simply...That was a stunningly good cross for Paddy, about as good as it could be hit. He put his foot on the ball in defence when a few were struggling to contain. He held the ball up well, he released players and created space all game. He almost lead this team today. Phillips was superb except for his poor set pieces but you have to take that into account as everyone did for Berardi's reds in the past. At least Kalvin didn't get the insults thrown his way Berardi used to and I bet we don't get ..Oh here comes Mr Red Card..whn he returns from his ban...
For me he was way out in front, as soon as he made the tackle he knew he'd blown it, can't really defend him but I've had the red mist a few times and there's nothing you can do about it when it comes but there is regret afterwards. I've not voted yet as I'm still not certain how to mark him down for it. Mixture of feelings, more annoyed as he'll now miss 3 games, which will be very costly, yet I'm not as angry as perhaps I should be, because he did it out of frustration because he cares and that's how I played.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Kp who did Caneron after the whistle at Elland Road last season and side lined him For 4 months All big Jessie's mind but can see why he might be pissed off. Him and Klich possibly our best performers today up until the dismissal
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I personally wouldn't doubt Klich& Phillip's for tenacity , passing the ball etc,. etc, but the one very very big Omission from their game is you've all guest it GOALS,GOALS, GOALS ..when you're forward is misfiring you need the next best thing a pro efficient midfield.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:20 pm Agree mate KP was outstanding but rightly or wrongly I omitted him from my six as that tackle was horrendous even though as you say it was born out of frustration. Kalvin will know he has let his teammates & fans down.

Maybe I should change my stance on his omission from my final six after I've slept on it
As may I, tbh.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:34 pm For me he was way out in front, as soon as he made the tackle he knew he'd blown it, can't really defend him but I've had the red mist a few times and there's nothing you can do about it when it comes but there is regret afterwards. I've not voted yet as I'm still not certain how to mark him down for it. Mixture of feelings, more annoyed as he'll now miss 3 games, which will be very costly, yet I'm not as angry as perhaps I should be, because he did it out of frustration because he cares and that's how I played.
Ayling was superb and to be honest the ref get's it right first half and Bamford finishes one of his many chances then this forum would be purring..We're punishing a lot of good performances today for two very poor ones. I might re insert Phillips later at 3. Lets not forget his dead ball stuff for the most part was wasted