QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pablo returns, Clarke on the bench for QPR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pablo returns, Clarke on the bench for QPR

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:12 pm If we say Bamford won't score goals then he won't
If we say we are falling apart then we will
We get all the utterances of our mouths
If we say our defence is weak then we will let in goals
If we say history will repeat itself then it will
Be it according to the words of our mouths
Bielsa is innocent, Radrizzanni does his best
We fail because of us. We are responsible.
Some of which is true but we, as fans, have been extremely supportive of Paddy, me not included of course, and he still can't score. That has nothing to do with the fans, it's down to ability. If Paddy could put away 1 in 4 then we have 10 mote points at least...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm Bamford ive defended but enough is enough now.

Harrison also missed 2 great chances as well as the best chance in the last game.

Bamford is part of a wider problem.

Orta, Radz and Bielsa need to get their heads out of their ass.

We need MORE then a winger and a striker.

We need a cb, cm, winger/10 and a striker.
And we needed them in summer as weel as not selling Roofe and Pontus. The chcickens have come home to roost. Radz and co are reaping what they've sown. Kinnear "We're gonna get business done early in the window" which translates into we're not doing owt lads as its the easiest and cheapest option.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Come on mate Leeds United are good enough for the play offs , this side is in top 4/5 in terms of real quality and deserve more than they're getting .
Top two is a real possibility and if we're really behind them they are certainly a play off candidate. Talking of movies ...how about " As good as it gets " Marceli starring as Jack Nicholson. It'd do for me .
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:01 pm Regarding the pen it's obvious Bamford is shot to bits, don't you think someone should have stepped up and taken responsibility?
Yes, but on the other hand none of them would hit the target if the ball was on the goal line, never mind the penalty spot :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

That's the end of his game too as Eddie Nketiah gets his first minutes for the Arsenal since May. You'd think they had brought on Bergkamp as the place erupts.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Sheffield Wed 0 - 4 Blackburn Rovers
What a topsy Turvy league
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

We couldn't score one against Wendies or QPR, say no more

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:55 pm We couldn't score one against Wendies or QPR, say no more

And Brentford draw with Huddersfield
As you were.
Perhaps we are spending to much time looking at our own navels and picking the fluff out of it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We played well today in the main....and technically we didn't concede a fair goal...Fair result 2-0 Leeds....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:00 pm And Brentford draw with Huddersfield
As you were.
Perhaps we are spending to much time looking at our own navels and picking the fluff out of it.
But we cant go on depending on other results to help us.

No point regurgitating what is wrong, this squad isn't strong enough to compete but can it be addressed?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The fact remains we're still garbage upfront and until this is rectified just keep trying to dress it up as best as you can. It's clear to everyone we have zilch to offer up top and full of very very mid table bang average players who are playing to their absolute maximum potential and will be way out of their depth in a higher league, not that they need worry about that.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:55 pm We couldn't score one against Wendies or QPR, say no more

Two poor teams BG
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Two poor teams BG

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just looked again at the lead up to our pen.

Bamford is just too slow to get on the ball and then buys a penalty from the keeper ( which he is justified to do) as he was never going to get a shot away.

But the point is that a striker with a bit of pace turns that pass into a one on one with the keeper and hopefully hits the back of the net.

What a donkey we are resting our hopes on.
'
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:20 pm Just looked again at the lead up to our pen.

Bamford is just too slow to get on the ball and then buys a penalty from the keeper ( which he is justified to do) as he was never going to get a shot away.

But the point is that a striker with a bit of pace turns that pass into a one on one with the keeper and hopefully hits the back of the net.

What a donkey we are resting our hopes on.
Actually he starts to dive before contact imo but the rest I've known since last season.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

We've gone from 9 points ahead of third, to 8 points ahead of sixth, seventh and eighth
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:27 pm We've gone from 9 points ahead of third, to 8 points ahead of sixth, seventh and eighth
I can't bear to even look at the table. I feel the same as I did after the Easter weekend last season, when hope finally leaves you. I did think it would be different this season, but today confirms otherwise.

I don't know what the solution is, or even if there is one. Maybe the only blessing is that it is happening earlier this time, so that either it can be addressed in time to save the season, or failing that, the fans won't be tortured with false hope up until the last minute.

I'm relieved there's a couple of weeks off now, and maybe we'll all be in a different place by the Millwall game.
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Read all the comments fellas... Tranfers have been questionable but where are the new playerz to see out the rest of this promotion season.

I ask myself each week, 2 questions. Who is going to score? and then what the f**k have they been doing in training each week ? It is clear that we have alot of possession but lets face it most of that possession is in our own half, at defenders feet. Our passing from the back is dangerous and predictable if you have only two CB 's particiipating and ONLY one short central pass available, to Kalvin Philips. Then as soon as the ball goes wide they close us down and we pass it back, and do the high ball up, We lost the ball so many times by continuously following this failed tactic. Soccer is alot improvisation and we show none of that . Klich and Pablo need to drop deeper.

I won't rant I want us to play the amazing football we are capable of but sadly we need to evolle and adapt during games and we cant because this rigid system is all they know and when that fails the teams fails.

If nothing changes in the team dont expect the results to!

Player frustations.
Alying is doing my head in, he is much more useful at the back making his probing forward runs instead of staying up and trying to directly assist a goal. Better teams will roast us.

How many times did the ball drop right in front of our goal ; too many times,

I am done with Banford, never rated him as an out and out striker, he needs a partnership. He should have had 2 goals today.

Klich and Dallas should not be on the same pitch. So average.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Harrison has missed 3 very good chances the last 2 games.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think there's a big difference but I can't argue the fact ..