The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 15th January) Is Emre Mor the answer to Leeds Prayers?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 15th January) Is Emre Mor the answer to Leeds Prayers?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 15th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Time running out for the Whites

Reports from St Marys claim that there is little to no chance of them parting with Che Adams in the January transfer window. This will come as a bitter blow for the Whites as their targets continue to dwindle. Eddie Nketiah has signed with Bristol City whilst it looks like Villa forward Jonathan Kodja is on his way to the City ground.

It will be interesting to see what kind of impact Nketiah makes at Ashton Gate, and whether his goal contribution (when given an opportunity to prove himself) makes a difference to their season? Dwight Gayle's injury is not thought to be as serious as first thought, and the 29 year old is expected to resume training later this month.

It is believed that Leeds have turned to the Continent and are in negotiations with the agent of Celta de Vigo forward Emre Mor. The 22 year old Turkish Striker has been unable to establish himself on loan at Galatasaray having not found the back of the net in 10 appearances. He moved to Celta Vigo is the Summer of 2017 for 13m euros.

Poveda due at Elland Road tomorrow, Hay

According to Phil Hay, Leeds target Ian Poveda is due at Elland Road tomorrow to look around the club! The 19y year old is torn between a move to Italy, or West Yorkshire.

Hay believes that while it’s not 100%, Poveda should still sign for Leeds.

“They thought it was all lined up to go this week and it should still be, provided things go well when they meet,” Hay said. “But there is interest from Italy so you never say never.”

Emre Mor, Che Adams, Ian Poveda
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 15th January) Is Emre Mor the answer to Leeds Prayers?

Post by HarryofOz »

Good news about Poveda
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 15th January) Is Emre Mor the answer to Leeds Prayers?

Post by rrfierce »

is it good news though? Do we need another winger?

We've signed 2 unproven 19 year olds for positions we don't even need to fill and are scraping the barrel for has been strikers. Not exactly ambitious.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

rrfierce wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:13 am is it good news though? Do we need another winger?

We've signed 2 unproven 19 year olds for positions we don't even need to fill and are scraping the barrel for has been strikers. Not exactly ambitious.
We'll be getting a quality player for free.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Isn't Emre Mor predominantly a winger?...no goals in 16 for Galatasary, one red,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rrfierce wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:13 am is it good news though? Do we need another winger?

Our priorities should be

Top championship striker
CB
No.10 (although I think Bamford could play in that position)
And a proper LB

I'll be surprised if we get any :(

No more youth or crocks please, we've got plenty of those which we don't utilise now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

G'mornin

Genuinely interested what Orta does from September till January.

Mid way through the transfer window and nobody signed despite plenty of warning and Bielsa appealing for a new striker and winger in public.

How can we still not have Poveda done?

You can talk to Clubs any time (not just in transfer windows) surely we have been sorting this deal for months? If not why not? Why is he coming here on Thursday why wasnt he here 2 weeks ago?

I like Orta as a person but remembering the mess he left at Boro i think he is just crap at his job tbh with the odd success.

Mor is talented but attitude stinks, either be a disaster or our Di Canio.

I cant see Adams happeneing sadly.

I expect a backup who isnt as good and isnt versatile.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 am I expect a backup who isnt as good and isn't versatile.
It's like waiting for a bus or a train Cjay.

The alternative could be nothing :(
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

All these rumours and miss information are genuinely doing my head in :rant:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:11 am All these rumours and miss information are genuinely doing my head in :rant:
Don't worry Rat

You can be assured they are working hard behind the scenes :roll:
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

You ever wait on a slow boat to....'64 mate?
Nice enough view but not so sure about the weather .
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I thought Mor was a winger. Always risky bringing in young overseas players and expecting them to acclimatised right away.

The longer this fiasco goes in the more I hope we can get Roberts fit and use him as a sub No9.

If Povenda is so good why do City want rid?

Eddie, I wish you well, we did you wrong, it will be an interesting read when you write your Autobiography one day, score against all our rivals but not against us.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Crewe U23's v Leeds U23's entire match from Monday

Match starts on 20 mins

Crewe U23's v Leeds U2's entire match from Monday

Match starts on 20 mins
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

Emre Mor? Thought that was where my TV signal came from. :duno:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ellandback1 wrote:Crewe U23's v Leeds U23's entire match from Monday

Match starts on 20 mins

Crewe U23's v Leeds U2's entire match from Monday

Match starts on 20 mins
Why isn't Ryan who has been there for a while not given a chance even with our depleted, more like non-existent strike force. I'm sure he'd run his sack off just like PB and if he didn't score well what have we lost but at least he's getting experience. I bet he's looking forward to going out on loan so it feels like he's actually making progress. The way this club operates is simply bewildering at times...infact all the time.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

[YouTube]
[/YouTube]
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

[YouTube]
[/YouTube]
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:02 am Why isn't Ryan who has been there for a while not given a chance even with our depleted, more like non-existent strike force. I'm sure he'd run his sack off just like PB and if he didn't score well what have we lost but at least he's getting experience. I bet he's looking forward to going out on loan so it feels like he's actually making progress. The way this club operates is simply bewildering at times...infact all the time.

I assume Edmondon is about to go out on loan
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Do we think that Bamford and another striker could play well together?

Would you say his partnership with Roofe was a successful one?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ellandback1 wrote: I assume Edmondon is about to go out on loan
Exactly what I'm saying. We have 1 loosely termed striker at the club apart from Ryan and we let him out on loan . Goal scorers are hard to come by but we're letting him go like we are overrun with them. Crazy.