The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th January) - Leeds set Saints deadline over Che Adams

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th January) - Leeds set Saints deadline over Che Adams

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 9th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds have £8m activation clause to snap up Harrison

According to Phil Hay, Leeds have an agreement with Manchester City that they can sign Jack Harrison on a permanent basis for £8m. The 23 year old has contributed five goals and six assists in 26 appearances for the Whites.

Leeds can activate the sales simply by offering £8m, whether they stay in the Championship or are promoted. I dare say Leeds will wait until the end of the season to ensure they stay within the FFP rules and regulations.

Che Adams - Keen on Elland Road switch

Phil Hay has also revealed that Saints hitman Che Adams is keen on a move to Elland Road. The 23 year old is yet to score for the South Coast club in 15 appearances (mostly as substitute). We heard last week that their Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl is not keen on allowing a player he paid 15m for last Summer to leave the club, unless they strengthen up front.

However, the former Chief Football Writer for the YEP said he had heard behind the scenes that Leeds have “confidence that they can get it [the Adams deal] done”. Leeds have given the Saints the rest of this week to get back to them, or they will move on to other targets.

Leeds top on stats

Now that we are more than halfway through the Championship season, lets take a look at the stats where Leeds are top of the Championship! Do any of these stats surprise you? Is this a harder or easier league based upon previous seasons?

Most games won - 15
Most chances created - 310
Most shots - 307
Most shots on target - 131
Most clean sheets - 12
Most touches in opposition box - 765
Most corners - 184
Fewest shots on target faced - 69
Best goal difference - +22

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th January) Leeds set deadline with the Saints over Adams deal

Post by HarryofOz »

Would be brilliant if we signed Harrison

Would be great to get another striker to bolster our strong team

None of the stats surprise me in the least
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th January) - Leeds set Saints deadline over Che Adams

Post by rrfierce »

Signing a striker who's going to be happy to sit on the bench is going to be fairly difficult. But then i guess he might have more chances to play than at southampton who have 4 or 5 strikers. I love che adams think he'd be a monster for us.

Harrison is a snip at £8m. We should definately sign him ASAP
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th January) - Leeds set Saints deadline over Che Adams

Post by YorkshireSquare »

£8 for Harrison seems like a bargain now, bet City are kicking themselves.

We need a striker, but we can't be strung along and have another player slip though our fingers. If Saints want to tit about we need to look at other options.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks,

Knowing Radz he will try and pay that £8m off at 50p a week.

Need a striker , need a striker, need a striker..... Glad we have a deadline as it helps focus the mind.

Stats.

Happily surprised at the goals conceded column, I expected us to score and conceded more this term.
But you dont need to be a statistician to notice that in 22 goals conceded from 69 chances, that we conceded a goal from every 3.13636364 chances against us.... Speaks volumes for our keepers No1 responsibility...
( Cue some to claim the No1 responsibility isnt to stop the ball entering the goal, but you know I'm right)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

The big difference in my opinion with Che Adams is that he has the ability to force Patrick Bamford out of the team as he has all the physical attributes needed to play that lone man role, as shown in he's time at Blues. Eddie, for all he's qualities, just didnt have that presence and therefore Bamford had to be our go to man, to hold up play, as we literally didnt have any other like for like alternative.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Harrison and Adams would both be excellent signings. I am encouraged that Adams wants to come here, and that we are not going to dither about.

The consensus from other fans after the Arsenal game seems to be that Bamford is our weak spot, and with a more prolific striker we'd easily be mid table prem quality. I haven't watched Saints, and don't know why Adams isn't working out for them, but he seems exactly what we need to me, and no doubt Bielsa would get the best out of him.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:33 am

The consensus from other fans after the Arsenal game seems to be that Bamford is our weak spot,

Everyone I've spoken to who watched the game, have all said the same thing.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:35 am Everyone I've spoken to who watched the game, have all said the same thing.
I've found it helpful seeing other people's comments and thoughts on this. It's difficult to be objective about your own players sometimes, when you are willing them to succeed.

I can understand why Bielsa persevered with him over Nketiah, but he is costing us now, and we need better. I wish we'd kept Roofe in the summer, but we didn't. I'd be very happy with Adams.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 am I've found it helpful seeing other people's comments and thoughts on this. It's difficult to be objective about your own players sometimes, when you are willing them to succeed.

I can understand why Bielsa persevered with him over Nketiah, but he is costing us now, and we need better. I wish we'd kept Roofe in the summer, but we didn't. I'd be very happy with Adams.
The best thing with Adams fitting in better is his abilty to play the lone striker plus the 10,the thing he has that we haven't got too much of is his goal scoring from outside the box.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:56 am The best thing with Adams fitting in better is his abilty to play the lone striker plus the 10,the thing he has that we haven't got too much of is his goal scoring from outside the box.
I have a mental image of him muscling his way forward with the ball, and looking dangerous every time he did so.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Harrison 8 mil, good business but I think that will be done end of season if we go up.
If Che Adams WANTS to go to Leeds he will do. Players generally get what they want one way or another and his agent will sort it... although I do remember a guy called Dan ...nah, let's not go there.
PB is one of those frustrating players. He has really improved his overall teamwork and we are more solid but primarily he is our No 1 goal scorer who just isn't quite up to it. I really want him to be more clinical but we can't afford to wait for him otherwise I don't think we'll achieve promotion.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Adams also slots in to the 10 position well I'd have thought.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am The big difference in my opinion with Che Adams is that he has the ability to force Patrick Bamford out of the team as he has all the physical attributes needed to play that lone man role, as shown in he's time at Blues. Eddie, for all he's qualities, just didnt have that presence and therefore Bamford had to be our go to man, to hold up play, as we literally didnt have any other like for like alternative.
Indeed Gurj, if we sign Adams he'll probably end up as our No.1 striker over the next few weeks :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:35 am Everyone I've spoken to who watched the game, have all said the same thing.
The pundits thought so too!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:12 am Morning folks,

Knowing Radz he will try and pay that £8m off at 50p a week.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:46 pm Indeed Gurj, if we sign Adams he'll probably end up as our No.1 striker over the next few weeks :tup:
Do you really think that bielsa will prefer adams over bamford after such a short space of time? He'd have to really impress in training or coming off the bench to get into the starting line up.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:04 pm Do you really think that bielsa will prefer adams over bamford after such a short space of time? He'd have to really impress in training or coming off the bench to get into the starting line up.
A couple of 💩 results should do it.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:04 pm Do you really think that bielsa will prefer adams over bamford after such a short space of time? He'd have to really impress in training or coming off the bench to get into the starting line up.
Whilst Patrick's all round play has been very good, he is missing far too many chances, as shown again on Monday night. That chance where he hit the bar, just has to be scored and it it goes in, I doubt Arsenal would have won thats for sure.

Bielsa, needs a player like Adams, who can still do the hold up play ( which Eddie sadly couldnt ) but can be more clinical which I believe Adams would be.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

would be a fantastic signing - hopefully can either replace pb or at least spur him on to better performances in front of goal! Can't believe that he'd come here knowing that he'd be second fiddle to pb...