Who thinks we'll be champions?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Who thinks we'll be champions?

Champions
36%
Automatic promotion
40%
Play-offs
24%

Total votes: 25

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Who thinks we'll be champions?

Post by The Subhuman »

I haven't voted so I'm not one of the four...I've always been a one game at a time guy after, as a kid, thinking we'd easily beat teams we eventually lost to. And that's Revie/Armfield era..So if we blew easy games back then no reason it couldn't happen now.

The word Colchester still gives me cold sweats.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

I voted automatic, mainly because I don't care if 1st or 2nd, and think that is where we will be.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I've gone auto, if we make the 2 signings I think we need, then I would upgrade to champions.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

50% we end up as champions, It's us or Brom for me, a club make sneak into second if one of us falters but we're not both falling apart

then

70% we make the autos
28% we make the playoffs
2% we fall out of the top 6
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

OK, off the fence, auto.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Too thin a squad will take its toll, playoffs.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

So out of the 20 who have voted, only 6 think we will win the league.
Interesting.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:49 pm So out of the 20 who have voted, only 6 think we will win the league.
Interesting.
Gone up one after our performance tonight

Last three years we've been knocked out by Sutton. Newport & QPR. Tonight we pushed Arsenal all the way, deserved at least a draw.

Different class to our previous three cup exploits
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

So out of the 20 who have voted, only 6 think we will win the league.
Interesting.
Gone up one after our performance tonight

Last three years we've been knocked out by Sutton. Newport & QPR. Tonight we pushed Arsenal all the way, deserved at least a draw.

Different class to our previous three cup exploits
In one way, our exit to lower/non-league teams is easier to explain - this is their cup final and they're playing out of their skins. Our team needs time to adjust to super hoofball or whatever but they don't get the time - it's the Cup for - it's happened to lots of teams in the past and it will happen in future - it's called 'The magic of the Cup' and it's part of the appeal of the FA Cup that that kind of thing happens. Think about it, it was true when we beat scum 1-0 at old scumford - we were the (relative) minnows and scum were expected to despatch us with aplomb, and were loudly criticised and derided.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Norm wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:41 am In one way, our exit to lower/non-league teams is easier to explain - this is their cup final and they're playing out of their skins. Our team needs time to adjust to super hoofball or whatever but they don't get the time - it's the Cup for - it's happened to lots of teams in the past and it will happen in future - it's called 'The magic of the Cup' and it's part of the appeal of the FA Cup that that kind of thing happens. Think about it, it was true when we beat scum 1-0 at old scumford - we were the (relative) minnows and scum were expected to despatch us with aplomb, and were loudly criticised and derided.
Let's hope West Brom, Brentford, Fulham and Sheff Wed all have long cup runs now.
Although Fulham got Man City so highly unlikely they will get any further
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I voted champions, and that's from the head rather than the heart.

My heart contains all the fears and apprehensions of 'doing a Leeds', but my head has to acknowledge that we have the ability, the style, and the determination to come out on top. We have been dominated by no one, not even Arsenal. We have our lapses, but we also grind results out, and we never give up.

More than anything, I trust Bielsa to see it through this time, and he really deserves the title. Obviously, any number of disasters could strike, and nothing is guaranteed, but I don't see us succumbing to the mental frailty, or whatever it was, that undid us last time.

Apart from anything else, I think we're still getting better. Harrison, for example, showed us another dimension last night. Could he turn out to be the Saiz replacement we've all been on about, with Alio ahead of Douglas, or Dallas, on the wing?

Either way, there's more to come from this side yet. Promotion secured at Pride Park, so we can rub that back in their faces, with the title clinched at home on the last day.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Champions. If you will it it is no dream.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One more vote for us to be champions to reach double-figures
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Not voted yet.

I was waiting to see what the January window might (or might not bring) before doing so :moggy:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:29 pm Not voted yet.

I was waiting to see what the January window might (or might not bring) before doing so :moggy:
Make sense !

We're still waiting
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dallas upfront when Bamford is unavailable :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It is still in our hands
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Still taking it one game at a time...The best I can do is we will finish top 10...that number comes down hopefully as we tick games off. Has anyone considered what a long term injury to Kalvin or Klich would do for our chances..or White (Think we can cope without Coop)