Che Adams

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Che Adams

Post by Cjay »

For me the best striker in the league.

He isn't the top scorer or has the best minutes per goal.

But as we know from when Monk was here chances are at a premium and Adams has to take them like Wood did for us.

He isn't the tallest (shorter then Roofe) but he is as strong as an ox.

He has decent pace, good feet, great movement and works hard.

A real handful.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Che Adams

Post by The Subhuman »

Very impressed today, wouldn't mind nicking him off Brum for next season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I was about to post up a topic on this lad until I noticed you'd already had Cjay

Well his record in the championship did make me think he would cause us problems, he certainly did that, a real handful. A proper centre-forward, no defender is gonna easily knock this powerhouse of a striker off the ball as defenders do with current big girls blouse.

22 goals in 40 games, can turn on a ball making things happen for himself, really impressed with Adams.

Adams has scored almost as many goals as Roofe, Bamford & Roberts put together, 23 in 77 games from our front three. Brum snapped him up for £10m less than our trio for a reported fee of £2m
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Football insider linking us (and Forest) with a loan move for Che Adams.

Personally if the choice is keep Eddie or loan Adams id send Eddie back in a heartbeat.

Hasnt worked out at Southampton but id take Adams on loan all day long.

Please please please.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One of my favourite players last season in our division...Che best as a number 10?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'd take him.

Only problem I see would be his match fitness, could be a month before he's ready to start a game.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:34 am I'd take him.

Only problem I see would be his match fitness, could be a month before he's ready to start a game.
My thoughts exactly, so if they were to do a deal they really should be talking now. End of January is too late to bring in anyone who isnt playing regular football.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Interesting if true, if he can adapt to the intensity of Bielsaball quickly then I think he'll do very well. He looked to be suited, and enjoy a physical no9 role with Brum so if the fitness side of things can be squared away then why the hell not?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:41 pm One of my favourite players last season in our division...Che best as a number 10?
Has played as a 10 and a winger, played as part of a front 2 with Jutkiewicz, so imagine he could adapt to play with Bamford?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This is probably the best video i have found of Adams because it shows that he is versatile (it seems to be from Pre Monk at Birmingham ) so when he was at Blades and Blues before Monk.

It was Monk who got him into a front 2.

But in a lot of these he is coming from deeper or from the wing.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

From the Saints site

Oops !

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 13.19.36.png
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Probably lacking in some confidence at present but Saw him plenty of times for the Blues last season, including both games against us, to know he is a quality striker who at he's best, is a better all round front man than Bamford in my humble opinion.

Would love to see him join us.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One of the best players to play against us last season...Southampton fans above are just plain wrong
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Gurj wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:37 pm Probably lacking in some confidence at present but Saw him plenty of times for the Blues last season, including both games against us, to know he is a quality striker who at he's best, is a better all round front man than Bamford in my humble opinion.

Would love to see him join us.

Scored 22 goals in 46 Championship appearances for the Blues. Never been that prolific before mind, retuens of 5, 7 and 11 in previous seasons but that is from less minutes on the pitch.

He's played 15 games this season averaging 40 minutes a game so far this season so pretty difficult to showcast what he can do.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:46 pm One of the best players to play against us last season...Southampton fans above are just plain wrong
Che Adams is Southampton's Patrick Bamford... if you listen to the fans
:? :)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

No comparison can be made as he's in a better league and needs games to get accustomed to the better quality. He can only do what the opposing team let him at the end of the day but I'd have him at Leeds in a flash !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Also worth assuming Hazelnut probably isn't as good a coach as Bielsa.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:38 pm Also worth assuming Hazelnut probably isn't as good a coach as Bielsa.
Yes good point, Marcelo would get the best out of Adams :tup: back in his comfort zone the championship would improve Che's form too!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Worth about 8-10 for us I reckon and if we can get Meslier signed too that would be a great window.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 pm Worth about 8-10 for us I reckon and if we can get Meslier signed too that would be a great window.
From what i can gather, Meslier is £5m in the summer we're trying to get him for £4m now.