Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by BGwhite »

WBA will go up, there's no one to touch them. As long as we don't lose to our near rivals ,which are getting fewer each week, we should secure 2nd. Get a win against Fulham and we have one foot in the PL, it's then up to the lads to hold their nerve and the rest will take care of itself. If we can muster a pt at WBA on Jan 1st that will be a great confidence booster.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh well we can still console ourselves that we are still 8 points clear of 3rd place
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:02 pm WBA will go up, there's no one to touch them. As long as we don't lose to our near rivals ,which are getting fewer each week, we should secure 2nd. Get a win against Fulham and we have one foot in the PL, it's then up to the lads to hold their nerve and the rest will take care of itself. If we can muster a pt at WBA on Jan 1st that will be a great confidence booster.

That's it BG, games we can't afford to lose as we did with the blunts & Norwich last season

Draws would be good, a victory would be a bonus!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Fulham away at Preston midweek which is tricky. Just need to carry on as we are . Could be 11 pts to 3rd as long as we beat Hull but Bowens coming to town and he is dangerous !

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Wba 5-1 totally anhilating Swansea. Swansea had only conceded 7 away all season before today. I just hope Wba are using up all their goals before Jan 1st ! 10 goals from their subs , something we definitely don't possess.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:02 pm WBA will go up, there's no one to touch them.
They have looked fairly ordinary whenever I have seen them, were 2nd best against a Preston side on a bad run. They do though have a few decent players that can win matches for them and have had a few decisions go their way too.

In some ways WBA doing so well can help us as if we were runaway leaders then the pressure would solely be on us but with WBA there too it suddenly becomes a battle between the two teams and keeps us focused. Additionally WBA beating some of the chasing pack too helps us widen the gap.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Thats what I was thinking. They are actually helping us out . They are a big strong powerful outfit with some skilful players mixed in and we will have to be at our very best to come away from there with anything.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

WBA doing us a favour atm but they're not better than us. We can win at the Hawthornes just depends on the day and who's fit/available
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

WBA have found a way. Either to kill off teams or to get points from games when they hardly deserve to. They have goals in their players where we dont.
Like us they don’t know when they are beat.

Id be confident if I followed WBA.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Unbelievable events going on in the Celtic v Rangers cup final

Rangers had all the play, missing more chances than Leeds. Frazer Forster has kept the hoops in the game then

Celtic go down the other end & take the lead, good finish but may have been offside

A minute later a Celtic defender gives away a silly penalty & is shown the red card, the hoops down to ten men

Forster saves the penalty

Celtic should have made it 2-0 but missed a one-on-one

Jermaine Defoe on for Rangers with 20 minutes to go
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

WBA looked very good vs Swansea and took their chances.

But we battered Swansea, hit the bar, missed 2 or 3 really good chances and then made a total hash of clearing a set piece to concede the only shot on target we faced.

WBA dived to win a pen against Preston's 2nd string the other week, and a controversial pen to draw with Derby.

Today was the first time ive seen them where they looked very impressive as a team (individuals have stood out )

2 points ahead of us but for most of the season (as everyone knows) we have been missing tons of chances.

Its only in recent games we have been taking more then 1.

The only team imo that can stop us winning the league is ourselves. We create the most chances in the league and concede the fewest.

We keep that up then nobody can do anything, we are the best balanced TEAM imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:58 pm
The only team imo that can stop us winning the league is ourselves.
We have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We do.

Know some dont like Xg but.

WBA have an Xg of 1.8per game and are currently at 1.9 which is 38 goals (they have scored 40) so fairly accurate.

We have an Xg of 1.9 per game and are currently at 1.5.

It was the same story last season with Norwich and Blades.

Norwich far exceeded their xG, Blades were about right and we were far below.

Difference this season is we are exceeding our xG against (0.8 expected) but we are at 0.5.

If (same as last season) we manage to match our xG then we will win the league. I shall hold on to that

Also rather encouragingly we really scored 3 goals yesterday (wrongly disallowed) so over the last 2 games we have outscored WBA :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Well done Celtic!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 pm Unbelievable events going on in the Celtic v Rangers cup final

Rangers had all the play, missing more chances than Leeds. Frazer Forster has kept the hoops in the game then

Celtic go down the other end & take the lead, good finish but may have been offside

A minute later a Celtic defender gives away a silly penalty & is shown the red card, the hoops down to ten men

Forster saves the penalty

Celtic should have made it 2-0 but missed a one-on-one

Jermaine Defoe on for Rangers with 20 minutes to go
.... and Ryan Kent had a mare. If he was worth £8 Million in the summer, then so am I !!!!!!
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:11 pm .... and Ryan Kent had a mare. If he was worth £8 Million in the summer, then so am I !!!!!!
Glad we didn't sign Kent after witnessing his performance today :tup:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Watching the WBA/Swans game, the latter were very poor, as in worse than Boro poor. Huddersfield played 10 times better than them. No cohesion or work rate and Cooper has lost the motivation he had over his squad earlier in the season.

WBA are good but we've beaten them already and the season is long. Also their injuries are starting to grow which will be a test.

Still too early to say who is the best, but so long as the gap between 2nd and 3rd keeps growing I don't much care.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm in the same camp. Don't care what WBA do , its the teams below us I'm more concerned about. If we can get a lead of 10 or more going into 2020 I'd say we have an outside chance of promotion....nothing is a dead cert where LUFC are concerned.

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

What is everyone's concern with other teams? We don't snag enough points this season we will only have ourselves to blame again. Pretty simple.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 pm What is everyone's concern with other teams? We don't snag enough points this season we will only have ourselves to blame again. Pretty simple.
Fair Dinkum.....