FA Cup 5th Round Draw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Post by 1964white »

It has been confirmed that the draw will take place on Monday, December 2 at 7pm with live TV coverage on BBC Two

1 Who do you think we'll be drawn against?

2 Home or Away draw

3 Do you want a good cup-run, yes or no?
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: FA Cup 3rd round draw

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Anybody home or away, it’s a tricky one as a good run in the cup is good for the club but it could have a negative impact with potential injuries and fatigue especially if we have a couple of replays along the way.

I think I’ve read we’re ball number 20
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Either an easy draw at home or a big draw-card draw away.

I'd love a good cup run. Promotion and wining the cup in the same season, WOOHOO.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 am Anybody home or away, it’s a tricky one as a good run in the cup is good for the club but it could have a negative impact with potential injuries and fatigue especially if we have a couple of replays along the way.

I think I’ve read we’re ball number 20
We're generally 20 to 23 ball number in the 3rd Round Rich

I really don't want an away draw anywhere in the south just to watch the U23's.

Not going to the QPR away cup game cost me my chance of acquiring an away season-ticket when some became available in the summer.

Bearing in mind our position in the championship plus our slimline & injury prone squad it may be best to sacrifice any glory in the FA Cup. A bit of a conundrum for me as I'm a traditionalist with football & life in general
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

My tea leaves have foreseen Burnley away.

Whilst we would all like a good cup run (it’s been so long since we’ve had one) this is a season I wouldn’t mind losing out early doors if it helped towards the goal of finally securing promotion.
gessa

Post by gessa »

It's one of those, never like losing.
Are we going to win it, don't think so, so as long as it's not an embarrassment then I think we have bigger fish to fry.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Agree with gessa, if we're going to get promotion we need as few distractions as possible from our league games.
Maybe lose 4-5 to Tottenham or Arsenal or whichever team we're drawn against, just as long as it isn't Barnsley! One of my close cousins is a Barnsley supporter and I'd never live it down if we went out to them.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I'd love a cup run, but I just realised I booked flights for the Huddersfield home game which coincides with 5th Round week....

So I allow Leeds to smash Liverpool at Anfield in R3 before going out away to Acrington Stanley in R4.

Seriously though I would love a Cup run. It raises the profile if the club especially abroad, excites the fans, is good for the City and brings in much needed revenues.
Last edited by Irish Ian on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

I'm hoping for Luton - guy sits beside me in work is a Luton fan. I had a great wee chuckle with him last week.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

gessa wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:06 am It's one of those, never like losing.
Are we going to win it, don't think so, so as long as it's not an embarrassment then I think we have bigger fish to fry.
This.
But I hope we get to see some of the U23's given a chance whoever we get drawn against.
It shouldn't be a completely young side but the likes of Bogusz, Gotts, Strujik, Edmondson, Meslier and Hossanah should be given a run with the rest made up of the bench warmers.
None of our key players should be risked in a competitive we have very little chance of winning
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Home tie hopefully since we haven't had one for 5 years. We don't need a 'big' club as we fill our ground every week, although thrashing St Frank and Chelski would be good.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

love the fa cup . always brings back special memories.
a good cup run can drive teams on as much they hinder but at this moment in time fully understand what our priorities are however we in it to win it !
chelsea , home or away would be nostalgic !
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cardiff home. That'll mean 2 wins against them within a matter of weeks !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Probably something boring like Stoke away
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:00 am love the fa cup . always brings back special memories.
a good cup run can drive teams on as much they hinder but at this moment in time, fully understand what our priorities are however we in it to win it !
chelsea, home or away would be nostalgic !
Being a traditional football fan I have to agree with you, as you & Ges says we have an essential priority in our minds
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 am Being a traditional football fan I have to agree with you, as you & Ges says we have an essential priority in our minds
what i don't and never will understand mid table premiership teams playing their entire second string in the fa cup . yes , its probably fair to say its lost most of the glamour and magic it once had but nevertheless its still a major trophy and most probably only two out of the three domestic trophies these teams are ever capable of winning. makes no sense to me .
gessa

Post by gessa »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 pm what i don't and never will understand mid table premiership teams playing their entire second string in the fa cup . yes , its probably fair to say its lost most of the glamour and magic it once had but nevertheless its still a major trophy and most probably only two out of the three domestic trophies these teams are ever capable of winning. makes no sense to me .
Totally agree Leic, teams that have little chance of relegation and no chance of getting in the top 4, why not go for it
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Staying in the PL is priority for every club for the millions it brings with it so they won't want to risk injuries to their players who are first team regulars even though winning the cup gets them into Europe with more financial gain. The cup is a distraction Leeds can do without although it gives the first teamers a nice rest after the hectic December and gives the reserves a nice runout in a big game hopefully.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 pm what i don't and never will understand mid table premiership teams playing their entire second string in the fa cup . yes , its probably fair to say its lost most of the glamour and magic it once had but nevertheless its still a major trophy and most probably only two out of the three domestic trophies these teams are ever capable of winning. makes no sense to me .
Because you get more money for finishing one place higher than winning the FA Cup. Sad I know, but that's most of the PL these days, ambitiousless clubs entirely reliant on TV money happy to finish 12th. If we were to go up, hopefully we'd attempt to win the Carabao Cup or FA Cup.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 am I'd love a cup run, but I just realised I booked flights for the Huddersfield home game which coincides with 5th Round week....

So I allow Leeds to smash Liverpool at Anfield in R3 before going out away to Acrington Stanley in R4.

Seriously though I would love a Cup run. It raises the profile if the club especially abroad, excites the fans, is good for the City and brings in much needed revenues.
We had better be out by the fifth round. I have been waiting for my trip to ER for more than 45 years. If that Huddersfield game does not go off as planned my thousands of dollars of expenses - including the 150 quid I spent on the hospitality ticket - will have been for nothing.