Why is it ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Why is it ?

Post by 1964white »

So many of our regular members old & new rarely discuss Leeds United on this forum?

All Leeds are we aren't we?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Why is it ?

Post by John in Louisiana »

What’s Leeds United?
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm finding it far too negative on here generally, find myself just repeating the same thing,and even worse reading the same old lines. If we were mid table or worse, then fair enough. I know it's not perfect but it's no where near as bad as it's being made out.
If it wasn't for the polls and comps, I'd be seen very little of.
gessa

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm What’s Leeds United?
It's a football club, that is being run by a Cheapstake, wide boy who employs someone to do recruitment who hasn't got a clue what he's doing. They're a team that are s**t when they win or draw and get lucky when they win. They have a manager who historically likes a small squad of first team players, that likes to make up the rest of the squad with young players from the youth, u23's , yet his employee gets slated for it, as showing no ambition. They are a club who are extremely lucky to be 2nd place in the English Championship, as we all know, they should be bottom 3.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm What’s Leeds United?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:09 pm I'm finding it far too negative on here generally, find myself just repeating the same thing,and even worse reading the same old lines. If we were mid table or worse, then fair enough. I know it's not perfect but it's no where near as bad as it's being made out.
Sad to hear that mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm It's a football club, that is being run by a Cheapstake, wide boy who employs someone to do recruitment who hasn't got a clue what he's doing. They're a team that are s**t when they win or draw and get lucky when they win. They have a manager who historically likes a small squad of first team players, that likes to make up the rest of the squad with young players from the youth, u23's , yet his employee gets slated for it, as showing no ambition. They are a club who are extremely lucky to be 2nd place in the English Championship, as we all know, they should be bottom 3.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

You are sounding negative mate....oh my god it's been drummed into you
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:24 pm :rol: :rol: :rol:

You are sounding negative mate....oh my god it's been drummed into you

I'm an advertiser's dream :-D
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well personally I'm more than some others let's say.
Happy for the club to do there talking on the pitch indeed off it aswell.Having watched and followed the team for many 's a day we all need to soak these days up and be more than grateful for the work that it's taken turning this club on it's very axis.
Off course it's a work on progress and can really only be accomplished with premiership football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm It's a football club, that is being run by a Cheapstake, wide boy who employs someone to do recruitment who hasn't got a clue what he's doing. They're a team that are s**t when they win or draw and get lucky when they win. They have a manager who historically likes a small squad of first team players, that likes to make up the rest of the squad with young players from the youth, u23's , yet his employee gets slated for it, as showing no ambition. They are a club who are extremely lucky to be 2nd place in the English Championship, as we all know, they should be bottom 3.
I'm still killing myself laughing twenty minutes after reading your post

Arguably the funniest post of 2019 :lol:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Feels an odd season.

Expectation is there which means the pressure is on and people respond more negatively to things. Also don't think the football is as fluid as last season, the excitement doesnt quite seem to be there.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:08 pm Feels an odd season.

Expectation is there which means the pressure is on and people respond more negatively to things. Also don't think the football is as fluid as last season, the excitement doesnt quite seem to be there.
I actually think we look a more sound outfit this season, more solid defensively & less vulnerable to potential defeats.
hector

Post by hector »

I know f**k all about football, I thought I was joining a dating site, but just stayed here
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:49 pm I know f**k all about football, I thought I was joining a dating site, but just stayed here
Another contender for post of the year :lol:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

I'm not a football fan although I always look out for the result on the Final Score programme & of course want Leeds to win :moggy:
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

I haven't been to a Leeds home game since the 80's but been trying to get tickets for me and my lad this season but without any luck so far,the last time I saw Leeds play live was at Wolves about 3 seasons ago,but as they are on TV so much get to see a few of their games ,and its the same story virtually every game where Leeds have most of the play but miss far too many chances,the only time this wasn't the case was against WBA where they had more of the play but Leeds went on to win.
Leeds are in a great position ATM and with a couple of top additions in January they could be back in the top flight ,you've already got a premier league support just need the team to join them
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bally wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 pm I haven't been to a Leeds home game since the 80's but been trying to get tickets for me and my lad this season but without any luck so far,the last time I saw Leeds play live was at Wolves about 3 seasons ago,but as they are on TV so much get to see a few of their games ,and its the same story virtually every game where Leeds have most of the play but miss far too many chances,the only time this wasn't the case was against WBA where they had more of the play but Leeds went on to win.
Leeds are in a great position ATM and with a couple of top additions in January they could be back in the top flight ,you've already got a premier league support just need the team to join them
Late nineties for me, and the last away game was early 2000's I simply can't afford the travel and ticket prices plus I need to cook food to eat in general and that's tough when you're travelling for long periods.

I've also given up talking Leeds for the most part, as a big fan of the likes of Rads, Orta, Bielsa, Berardi, and Harrison, in fact most players and management associated with our club (Though I really don't like Bamford as a footballer and I let my bias slip sometimes but he's the only one) I'm happy with. I'll stick to the matchday stuff and let others postulate on their conspiracy theories about contracts and the transfer window, buy outs, square pegs round holes etc.

A new striker in Jan would be nice if we get one, don't think it's that important if we don't. Not sure what else we need really and who would get the boot if we did add 10 mills worth of talent.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:09 pm I'm finding it far too negative on here generally, find myself just repeating the same thing,and even worse reading the same old lines. If we were mid table or worse, then fair enough. I know it's not perfect but it's no where near as bad as it's being made out.
Ditto
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Just watched a video which stated that pessimism will shorten your life span, and it not only has an effect on your own life but it has a negative effect also on the people who listen to you or associate with you.

We have to realise that when we write on MOT that the audience is bigger than the people who respond to our message. I have seen 300 guests on here during a match day, but not only that MOT editorials and the daily debate are regularly picked up by NewsNow, so the reach of what we write is far beyond what we could imagine or expect.

Imagine if you will that a thought or an idea is some sort of infectious virus that seeps out from MOT and on to social media and from there on to the terraces.

It is well known that propaganda is used to influence both opinions and behaviour, and individuals from All Leeds TV or MOT can express their "honest" opinions but if those opinions are relentlessly morbid and depressing, then there is a ripple effect through social media and on to the terraces and ultimately on to the pitch.

is it enough just to ignore pessimism and negativity and hope that we are not contaminated by its pervasive and insidious nature?

No it has to be resisted. We stay in the dark because we spread doom and gloom. For 15 years now we have been the architects of our own failures. I say it is time for a glimmer of hope. Time for a paradigm shift to a positive mentality.

I propose that from now until Christmas we banish pessimism from MOT. We steadfastly refuse to be drawn into negativity. We really need to do this for our own mental health and for the well being of other supporters and the club.

As the old song goes - accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative, and let's see where that will take us.

Out of the darkness and into the light. The future is bright, the future is white.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:07 amDitto
The general MOT cop out reply :lol: