Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by SG90 »

When was the last time he even hit the target let alone score?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Well at least we will find out tomorrow if Bamford is playing on Saturday when MB names the entire starting 11, the subs, where the club are staying overnight, what movie they will watch on the bus, what they will have for brekkie and every other piece of critical information ahead of the early KO live on sky tv.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Get rid , end of. Bought to score goals and get us up but is doing the exact opposite . Leeds should be way out in front at the top but because of this useless waster we are scrapping to stay in the top 6. If playing Eddie from the start doesn't work out what have we lost?.... absolutely nothing !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector »

But who would buy him in his current form?

Only us, and we have him
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:10 am But who would buy him in his current form?

Only us, and we have him
God knows mate

That miss where in front of goal he booted it so far wide it went for a throw in was ridiculous.

If he doesn't shape himself I can see him being another player we'll have to released for next to nothing

A waste of £7m, thank you Orta.....which crock from Boro' is next in at ER ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Like it has already been mentioned PB is a striker that scores in batches and has regularly had droughts throughout his career. I am sure Bielsa has been hoping he'd get a goal and then the goals would start flowing again, however it would probably be best for him to be taken out of the starting line-up as he is now under so much pressure and it is made even worse by the lack of goals from the rest of the team. Ideal scenario would be that he is rested, we cruise in the next match and then he comes on as a sub, under no pressure, and nabs a goal too.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

It also doesn't help that the main rival for his position comes on and nods in the equaliser with his 2nd touch just to rub salt in the wound

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:07 pm Not a midfielder for me, if we use him as a second forward and we have wing backs which means Kalvin covers he back 2 then we get Klich in center mid and that's it. Dallas would probably need to drop out if we do play 2 up front
I’d happily drop Dallas from CM if it meant Nketiah played. What have been Bamford strengths and weaknesses this season? From what Biesla has said about the two, it sounds they’d work great together as a 9 and 10.
Having said that football is my second sport and never played it to any level so I’m not as clued in as to what it would do to us tactically. But a start swap for Dallas, with Klich dropping back there Bamford straight swap for Klich with Eddie up top, then we keep the same system, Bamford works hard can hold up the ball can pass well.
If you think Bielsa plays players all over the pitch I can’t see the issue, that’s why I’m very frustrated with Eddies lack of game time and not playing them both. I get the feeling he doesn’t like his attitude or something as to why he’s not started
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Eddie has to start, he has to play, he is quality and we haven’t got to see it and if he goes in January, we will be absolutely be kicking ourselves! My brother is an Arsenal fan and is a proper football nerd and he thinks he’s quality and should be in the arsenal squad. It boggles my mind that he’s not playing.
That’s not knocking Bamford, he’s actually playing really well from what I’ve seen, but bloody hell hes turned into mouse in front of goal, he needs to stop stop trying to relax and take his chance, needs to be more instinctive and trust himself. Playing alongside Eddie would take the pressure off him too and he may play himself into form in front of goal and we’ll be winning 3/4-0 every week :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-11-24 at 12.18.41.png
Screenshot 2019-11-24 at 12.18.41.png (43.54 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford vs. Luton:

25 touches
7 touches in opposition box
5 shots
3 on-target
2 chances created
1 tackle won
1 time fouled
1 goal (officially as it stands)*

Scored one for sure and was directly involved in the other. Five of his 7 touches in the box resulted in shots.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford has missed more big chances (15) than any other Championship player this season. Paddy is averaging a goal every 8.5 shots, the third-lowest average of any Championship player with 7+ goals in 2019/20
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bamford has played a massive role in getting us to where we are this season, he will play a massive role in where we want to get to.
His conversion rate has been poor, but he is playing well overall, he needs help and somebody to challenge him for his spot. Let’s not get on his back again.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

He may have played a part in getting Leeds to where they are but if He'd have taken more of his chances the points total would be even better,his conversion rate isn't great either and any of the other top scoreres in the division given his chances would have scored more,and if Leeds don't go up he will have been a big part why haven't
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bally wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:43 pm He may have played a part in getting Leeds to where they are but if He'd have taken more of his chances the points total would be even better,his conversion rate isn't great either and any of the other top scoreres in the division given his chances would have scored more,and if Leeds don't go up he will have been a big part why haven't
And if we do go up he’ll have had a big part to play, his conversion rate is poor, maybe needs to do less off the ball and focus more on scoring
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

dezzy wrote: And if we do go up he’ll have had a big part to play, his conversion rate is poor, maybe needs to do less off the ball and focus more on scoring
My thoughts entirely but I suppose he's doing what Bielsa is asking of him, wether this is just too much and it's affecting PB's finishing who knows but he's never had an excellent strike rate and I've never regarded him as an out & out striker. Undoubtedly we are more solid when he plays but the trade-off is fewer goals. Can't blame him entirely as a lot of the team don't contribute enough goals either from some very good opportunities.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:29 am My thoughts entirely but I suppose he's doing what Bielsa is asking of him, wether this is just too much and it's affecting PB's finishing who knows but he's never had an excellent strike rate and I've never regarded him as an out & out striker. Undoubtedly we are more solid when he plays but the trade-off is fewer goals. Can't blame him entirely as a lot of the team don't contribute enough goals either from some very good opportunities.

Spot on. Can’t fault the lad for attitude or effort, still annoys me we never saw him play behind Nkethiah, I think the two of them would’ve been top quality
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

dezzy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 am And if we do go up he’ll have had a big part to play, his conversion rate is poor, maybe needs to do less off the ball and focus more on scoring
Of course but if Leeds don't go up he will have had a big part to have played in that as well.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bally wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 pm Of course but if Leeds don't go up he will have had a big part to have played in that as well.
:tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

One of the most random and brilliant things ever :lol: :lol:

And the perfect excuse to show this to
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom