Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games - England v Montenegro LIVE on ITV

Post by whiteswan »

Hat trick for Kane 5-0
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

'England looking like serious contenders' according to dumbo behind the mike :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

He took that so well....the defender had him blocked but Kane craftily and delicately slid it in the opposite direction
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:23 pm 'England looking like serious contenders' according to dumbo behind the mike :lol:
They get so excited don't they?....these so called commentators. I wish they would just do that...commentate! When will there be a button to switch off these annoying people...and I especially include Glen Hoddle in that. He is woeful :x
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:25 pm They get so excited don't they?....these so called commentators. I wish they would just do that...commentate! When will there be a button to switch off these annoying people...and I especially include Glen Hoddle in that. He is woeful :x
Hoddle drives everybody mad Swannie :x
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Comical goal makes it six
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Some of Montenegro's play is Charlie Chaplin stuff :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Make that seven!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

So....how many do you reckon in the last 6mins 64?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 pm So....how many do you reckon in the last 6mins 64?
My initial prediction for this game was 7-0 then I decided to go more conservative :(

Are we the only two posters on here tonight Swannie ?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 pm My initial prediction for this game was 7-0 then I decided to go more conservative :(

Are we the only two posters on here tonight Swannie ?
That was a grand prediction 64

I think we're the only two posters watching the England game :lol:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 pm That was a grand prediction 64

I think we're the only two posters watching the England game :lol:
I must confess these days I rarely bother watching any of the England qualifying games on TV.

I used to always watch them with a definite sense of anticipation, but these days I just don't bother. When we're in a competitive Euro or WC comp then it's a different story - but I struggle to work up any enthusiasm watching us play a former Yugoslav/Balkan or the like country (with no intended disrespect to Montenegro).

Maybe I'm looking through rose-tinted spectacles, but when we used to play the Home Internationals, against a strong, competitive Scotland team and NI and Wales teams that could always cause an upset it was more far more exciting than a Euro qualifying group of today.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:01 pm I must confess these days I rarely bother watching any of the England qualifying games on TV.

I used to always watch them with a definite sense of anticipation, but these days I just don't bother. When we're in a competitive Euro or WC comp then it's a different story - but I struggle to work up any enthusiasm watching us play a former Yugoslav/Balkan or the like country (with no intended disrespect to Montenegro).

Maybe I'm looking through rose-tinted spectacles, but when we used to play the Home Internationals, against a strong, competitive Scotland team and NI and Wales teams that could always cause an upset it was more far more exciting than a Euro qualifying group of today.
Agree totally. Internationals really mean not a lot to me either. Once the competition starts, yes. Something to enjoy. But so many of these ridiculous games against such ridiculous opposition are a no no. I actually despise international breaks.....but.....I wouldn't want Leeds to play a competitive match without some of our star players, ie Coops, Dallas, Alli.....so, a break in our season it is....we have no choice
Tonight just worked for me Cat, but I may not bother on Sunday....I have bubbles and a roast to enjoy instead :)
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:06 am , but I may not bother on Sunday....I have bubbles and a roast to enjoy instead :)
Blimey! You have your Sunday dinner in the bath?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:35 am Blimey! You have your Sunday dinner in the bath?
We are talking Swannie here mate, makes her yorkshire puddings rise :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:01 pm Maybe I'm looking through rose-tinted spectacles, but when we used to play the Home Internationals, against a strong, competitive Scotland team and NI and Wales teams that could always cause an upset it was more far more exciting than a Euro qualifying group of today.
If you are a traditional footy fan as most of us are the home internationals were always something to look forward to away from club football :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:35 am Blimey! You have your Sunday dinner in the bath?
Must be having beans with it instead of gravy though....... hence the bubbles :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am Must be having beans with it instead of gravy though....... hence the bubbles :mrgreen:
Pull the chain Hector

:rol: :rol: :rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 am We are talking Swannie here mate, makes her yorkshire puddings rise :lol:
I love Yorkshire Puddings.... :) (Don't make 'em mind, I buy in frozen :lol: )