Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Kiko Casilla Charged by the FA and appealing

Post by Doire_Boi »

Just when a player hits form something like this happens at our club.

I stand with Kiko - I find it hard to believe someone who is not familiar with the language being able to put a hateful racist slur together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Interesting comments by Kinnear: Think we know what he feels about the allegations.

"This week Kiko Casilla received a charge for an alleged aggravated breach of FA Rule E3,

As many will have seen reported in the press, it has been suggested that Kiko used discriminatory language during our language during our game with Charlton Athletic in September.

The club's unequivocal stance is that racism will not be tolerated in any form and this standard is applied across staff, coaches, players and supporters.

However, it is important to assert that Kiko vehemently denies the allegation and has fully cooperated with the investigation. As well as Kiko's word, he can evidence a long distinguished and unblemished career playing alongside teammates, and against opponents, with an eclectic mix of ethnicities and nationalities.

As a club we fully support such a serious allegation being subject to full investigation and a disciplinary process.

Our only concern is that the standard of proof for an FA hearing is not 'beyond all reasonable doubt' but 'on the balance of probability'

We believe that in cases of this seriousness the higher standard of proof is more appropriate. This is not because we fear a sporting sanction, but because a man's reputation is stake."
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Well said Kinnear.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 pm Well said Kinnear.
Agree :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wait so the FA can label someone a racist without having to prove it?

Wtf sort of system is that?

Innocent till PROVEN guilty is the law of the land, not innocent until he might possibly be guilty.

Does explain something ive wondered, the courts found Forestieri innocent but the FA banned him.

This is definitely not getting overturned, what a stupid system.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

How can someone be charged for ' allegedly' doing something.?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

No where else can an organisation treat it's emplyees different to the law of the land. Or is it clubs just let them get away with it, I like to see a case taken to court, to see what happens.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:19 pm No where else can an organisation treat it's emplyees different to the law of the land. Or is it clubs just let them get away with it, I like to see a case taken to court, to see what happens.
Agreed.

Kiko should kick up a lot of dust about this if he gets any sort of sanction.

At worst it will bring into the public domain the evidence the FA have for bringing these charges.

Let us all hear what the allegations are.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surely Leeds will appeal if they feel Kiko has receive an unfair verdict?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:44 pm Surely Leeds will appeal if they feel Kiko has receive an unfair verdict?
But to whom and on what grounds?

That sounds reasonable but on what grounds can they appeal?

We don’t agree with your findings?
We don’t agree with the penalties (maybe)
But the whole forum for settling these issues seem so flawed.

As for the 12 game penalty they now have as part of their armoury.
Surely a lot of things would have to happen before those sanctions were imposed.
Saying that Kikos reputation is at stake here.
'
gessa

Post by gessa »

if they accused me and found me guilty by a kangaroo court without any real evidence of being racist, I'd sue them for defamation of character, then see where it went. As you say Ian, there's a lot at stake here for Kiko's reputation.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

They shouldn't be able to arbitrarily decide what level of proof is appropriate, otherwise the 'balance of probability' is that they will end up punishing innocent people.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: But to whom and on what grounds?

That sounds reasonable but on what grounds can they appeal?

We don’t agree with your findings?
We don’t agree with the penalties (maybe)
But the whole forum for settling these issues seem so flawed.

As for the 12 game penalty they now have as part of their armoury.
Surely a lot of things would have to happen before those sanctions were imposed.
Saying that Kikos reputation is at stake here.
Proverbs 22:1 - A good name is to be more desired than great wealth, Favor is better than silver and gold.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Has this been settled for Kiko yet, thought he had until 27th November to put in a response?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:12 pm Has this been settled for Kiko yet, thought he had until 27th November to put in a response?
Kiko has indeed until the 27th November Norfolk
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

27th November is past tense - has he responded?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Norm wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:36 pm 27th November is past tense - has he responded?
As far as I know he has and is awaiting the next phase of the case, which could be a face to face hearing.

I think no news is good news.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

They're dragging it out to give themselves more time to find the evidence.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:26 pm They're dragging it out to give themselves more time to find the evidence.

The evidence has been presented already. That is why they charged him with using insulting language which made reference to race or ethnicity. The decision to charge him was made by a Chief Regulatory Officer.

This information (including Kikos testimony) will then go before a Judicial panel ( who I understand does not include the one who made the decision there is a case to answer) and they will determine the outcome.

Of course some will contend that this panel will be made up of Rupert Murdoch, Frank Lampard and Ken Bates.
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The issue i have is they can label someone a racist based on probability.

That seems so wrong to me.

Explains why the court of the land found Forestieri innocent but the FA still banned him.

Kiko will be charged, i have no doubt, but if (and it is an if) but if he genuinely is innocent then he should appeal to every legal authority possible.

Being able to permanently brand someone a racist based on probability is ridiculous.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom