The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) - Saturday's injury concern delights some fans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) - Saturday's injury concern delights some fans

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Friday 1st November, and here is the latest news from Elland Road...

Injury to Bamford delights fans

Bielsa revealed in his pre match press conference that Patrick Bamford may be set for a spell on the sidelines due to the ankle injury he picked up at Hillsborough last weekend. The 26 year old turned his ankle during the latter parts of the first half, and was obviously in discomfort when he came off at half time. Will Nketiah finally get his chance?

It was also revealed that Alioski and Douglas are doubts having also picked up knocks.

The best news is that Hernandez and Cooper are fit to play! His original muscular problem was followed up by a hamstring strain which he suffered almost a fortnight ago for the U23's against Crewe.

Scottish International Cooper accompanied Bielsa in his pre match press conference and claims he is fully fit after his groin strain.

See Bielsa's pre-match press conference in full...

Who would you pick?

Knowing the injury situation, and the players that are fit again, name for squad for tomorrow!

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) Injury concern delights fans

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB
Injury to Bamford delights fans
That is a contraction in terms. If they are fans, they won't be delighted at one of our players getting injured.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) - Saturday's injury concern delights fans

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Good to see Cooper and Pablo back, Shack too. I would go with...

Kiko
Ayling Cooper White Dallas
Phillips
Costa Klich Harrison
Pablo
Eddie
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) - Saturday's injury concern delights fans

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:12 am Good to see Cooper and Pablo back, Shack too. I would go with...

Kiko
Phillips
Costa Klich Harrison
Pablo
Eddie
Now that looks a better side with the introduction of Pablo & a natural goalscorer starting. Eddie will benefit from Hernandez's creative skills

Bamford is another injury-prone player, tbf to him he does take a battering from opposition defenders.
1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) - Saturday's injury concern delights some fans

Post by 1964white »

There is only one subject for me today and thats a story coming out of TA that Bielsa has told Orta to get him a striker lined up for January. Very specific on what type and given a couple of names to Orta. This is because he is getting more unhappy with our conversation rate. So reality is that Bielsa is desperate to show the teams improvement and at the moment isnt. This also means Ryan Edmondson will be loaned out or even sold in January IF WE SIGN A STRIKER.

Don't f**k it up Orta & bring in Assombalonga from Boro' :verysad: grant Marcelo his request

Convinces me even more that Nketiah, Kiko, White & the potential signing James were on Bielsa's want list.

Orta could almost become redundant
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 1st November) - Saturday's injury concern delights some fans

Post by Sara »

Pablooooo!

Sorry about Alioski, I think we'll miss him. For me, Cooper doesn't just walk back in to replace Berardi. I'd like to see Shackleton get some time.

Which strikers is Bielsa interested in, do we know?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am There is only one subject for me today and thats a story coming out of TA that Bielsa has told Orta to get him a striker lined up for January.

Orta could almost become redundant
I came across that story on tinternet but decided to ignore it.

But it must be true if you posted it.

Maybe we could swap with Fulham.

Bamford for Milosevic
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:39 am Pablooooo!

Sorry about Alioski, I think we'll miss him. For me, Cooper doesn't just walk back in to replace Berardi. I'd like to see Shackleton get some time.

Which strikers is Bielsa interested in, do we know?
No idea Sara but you can guarantee there'll be of a similar quality to our recent loan signings & I don't mean Jack :lol:

No unproven injury-prone dead legs in Marcelo's mind
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:12 am Good to see Cooper and Pablo back, Shack too. I would go with...

Kiko
Phillips
Costa Klich Harrison
Pablo
Eddie
Can’t really disagree with this line up, maybe Ali instead of Dallas at LB but happy either way :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Doubt Pablo will start.

Not keen on Dallas at left back, one good game against Derby doesn't fill me with confidence and I don't like right sided players playing left sided defensive positions especially against pacey wingers like QPR have, so on that basis id go Leif Davis left back.

Cooper for Berardi.

Hope Paddy makes it as I like the idea of them as a pair with one playing as a 10.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Casilla . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dallas. . . . White. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Coops . . . .Davis
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Phillips. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Costa . . . .Klich . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nketiah. . .Harrison
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bamford. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Miazek, Berardi, Struijk, Shacks, Pablo, Roberts, Clarke.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:32 pm Doubt Pablo will start.

Not keen on Dallas at left back, one good game against Derby doesn't fill me with confidence and I don't like right sided players playing left sided defensive positions especially against pacey wingers like QPR have, so on that basis id go Leif Davis left back.

Cooper for Berardi.

Hope Paddy makes it as I like the idea of them as a pair with one playing as a 10.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Casilla . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dallas. . . . White. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Coops . . . .Davis
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Phillips. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Costa . . . .Klich . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nketiah. . .Harrison
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bamford. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Miazek, Berardi, Struijk, Shacks, Pablo, Roberts, Clarke.
Davis won't play mate, even though he hasn't let us down he's too young the throw in now :roll:

I doubt Bamford will be fit enough to play

Berardi having a better season than Cooper although I do prefer two tall CB's at the back.

If Pablo is 100% fit I'd play him, I'm fed up of watching us squirm through matches without much clever creativity
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:55 pm Davis won't play mate, even though he hasn't let us down he's too young the throw in now :roll:

I doubt Bamford will be fit enough to play

Berardi having a better season than Cooper although I do prefer two tall CB's at the back.

If Pablo is 100% fit I'd play him, I'm fed up of watching us squirm through matches without much clever creativity
MB seems to like Davis tbf even ahead of Struijk who would be my backup cb for Cooper not Berardi (based on being left footed).

Wouldn't surprise me if its the same team with Davis for Ali. MB doesnt tend to change much and Davis for Ali means 1 change.

Althoughi can actually see him going Berardi at lb and Coops to cb which would be even worse given Berardi has the pace of a snail.

Not sure on Pablo, we cant risk breaking him again?
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

It's strange that several people on here, myself included, think that Leif Davis is our best LB and should be starting and yet he finds himself behind Alioski, Beradi, Douglas and even right footed Dallas.
It wouldn't surprise me if those four were all injured that MB played Harrison there rather than Davis.
He is definitely a manager who favours experience over youth and never seems to want to risk more than a couple of youngsters at any given time.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:06 pm Not sure on Pablo, we cant risk breaking him again?
I hope Pablo isn't already broken or else Bielsa will have to suggest another major alternative to Orta for the January Transfer Window
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:14 pm It's strange that several people on here, myself included, think that Leif Davis is our best LB and should be starting and yet he finds himself behind Alioski, Beradi, Douglas and even right footed Dallas.
It wouldn't surprise me if those four were all injured that MB played Harrison there rather than Davis.
He is definitely a manager who favours experience over youth and never seems to want to risk more than a couple of youngsters at any given time.
Baffling eh Chilli :o
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Barnsley v Bristol City

http://www.releasesky.com/2019/11/barns ... istol.html

Scroll down half way and click the triangular play button. If you see a small 'x' unclick it to avoid an advert pop up.

And

http://www.lvfoot.co/p/barnsley-v-brist ... nship.html
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:14 pm It's strange that several people on here, myself included, think that Leif Davis is our best LB and should be starting and yet he finds himself behind Alioski, Beradi, Douglas and even right footed Dallas.
Yeah incredibly strange that the person who sees him at training every day and watches all the matches he has played in and has access to all sorts of stats to do with Davis's performance and fitness levels etc doesn't simply go along with the fans who have seen Davis in a couple of friendlies and a few minutes here and there.

Totally baffling.
hector

Post by hector »

I don't know why, but I am getting a feeling that there was a touch of sarcasm in your post Weasel.....

Not sure what makes me think that though..... :mrgreen:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:15 pm I hope Pablo isn't already broken or else Bielsa will have to suggest another major alternative to Orta for the January Transfer Window
Funnily enough imo the attacking player Bielsa reportedly wants in January imo is more likely to be a Pablo alternative then a Paddy one.
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 pm Yeah incredibly strange that the person who sees him at training every day and watches all the matches he has played in and has access to all sorts of stats to do with Davis's performance and fitness levels etc doesn't simply go along with the fans who have seen Davis in a couple of friendlies and a few minutes here and there.

Totally baffling.
And yet he hasn't put a foot wrong when he has played.
And Douglas has been shite and still gets picked.
And Dallas is no left back.
Baffling
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden