Keogh sacked.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Keogh sacked.

Post by Sara »

Whilst the other two play on...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Keogh sacked.

Post by Sara »

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

There's obviously more to it than we know. I would suggest he played a big part in the crash itself and they weren't happy paying him his full wages while he is out injured for over a year.
But yes the other two should have been punished more severely.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

They have totally hung Keogh out to dry and made him a scapegoat (im sure the fact he is 33 and on 24k a week played a part).

Bennett and Lawrence are younger with value still.

Bennett and Lawrence were the ones that broke the law.

Derby fined them and made them do community service.

Keogh gets the sack.

Funnily enough the statement is quite funny.

"As we have said from the outset, the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute"

Erm the 2 driving who did put themselves, members of the public and there collegues in danger are still playing for you.

Mel Morris is probably secretly pretty pleased.

Saved about £1mil in money, he loves a bit of a FFP fiddle does Mel so this will have worked out great for him :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Don't see how they can sack him for gross misconduct after offering him new terms - surely a contradiction.

Hope he sues them and wins.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Derby disgust me. They've come out and sacked a player who is out injured for 18 months. What have they got to lose?....they've got their EFL scapegoat.....quite a PR stunt..... meanwhile, the two main culprits soldier on....but hey, Derby will be seen to be doing the right thing in the social media. Makes me sick :x
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Derby fans thoughts

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33669-keogh-sacked/

"So the 2 main culprits have been given a fine and are already back in the team and playing like nothing happened, but the passenger who's already suffered the most is now being threatened with being sacked? Sure he's the captain and should know better, but if you're exploring the possibility of sacking him then you should have probably done that with the other 2 as well"

"He should go sue his 'mates' who left him for 45 mins"

"I might be in the minority, but it doesn't sit right with me that 3 people were involved in the incident and 1 of them (the 1 who didn't actually commit a crime) is facing the sack whilst the others aren't. Sure the other 2 can play and still contribute, but that shouldn't exempt them from the same punishment as Keogh"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So Keogh has lawyered up according to the Guardian.

Sounds like he threw a wobbler after getting upset at the news.
The old Celtic blood :lol:

Derby putting him in an impossible position.

Now he has to try and rehabilitate on the NHS instead of with the benefit of Derbys' physios.... Career over?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Keogh should absolutely take Derby to the cleaners here. Not that I'm condoning what he did, if he did anything wrong at all that is, but he is the one who's career is nearly finished (possibly finished for good now) so Derby see him as a way to cut their losses and make it look like they're severely dishing out the punishment but they've actually made themselves look like proper mugs as everyone can now see what they are really like - sacking a guy whose costing a fortune and not playing (after initially offering lower wages) and keeping on the 2 convicted offenders who can still play and hold value for the club....what a bunch of hypocritical twats they are at that shitole of a club.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Saw this the other day and was shocked that Derby would try and deal with the two cases (well three but 2 outcomes) so differently, there must be more to it otherwise they've had some real bad advice from their employment lawyers!
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

obviously the whipping boy as the other two c**ts are much younger so therefore have a financial value to the club. also crucially they're not injured.
on the other hand keogh as no resale value also is badly injured and will be out for at least 12 months and costing derby 24 grand a week so probably saving em 1.5 mill.
no doubt the dosh will help towards shreks wages come january.
get rid of one ugly fucker to bring in another !
no morals in football these days just accountants.
Last edited by leic white 63 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

HIs wife has waded in now.

Changed her social media account to say.

'Wife of a professional scapegoat".

Go on Charlie get stuck in :lol:

I hope they take Derby to the cleaners.

The whole world can now see what sort of a club they are.

Good faith Mel
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Derby County are despicable, hope he wins his case.
There Is Only One United.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Delighted for Derby. Landed themselves in a right mess now! Keogh will probably double his wages now! Don’t know would he ever get back at his age. Are derby sacking him just to take his 25grand out of FFP and are happy to pay a bit more and settle out of court as they don’t have to declare it in wages? Just seems odd that they think they can get away with what they’re doing!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

"We are Derby,

No-one likes us, Even us!"

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33678-the-most-hated-club/
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

And still, they can't help talking about Leeds!

😃
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I hate Keogh and he deserves all he gets, but I hope he takes them for all he can. I hope to never hear them sneering about morals again, awful club. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm obviously the whipping boy as the other two c**ts are much younger so therefore have a financial value to the club. also crucially they're not injured.
on the other hand keogh as no resale value also is badly injured and will be out for at least 12 months and costing derby 24 grand a week so probably saving em 1.5 mill.
no doubt the dosh will help towards shreks wages come january.
get rid of one ugly fucker to bring in another !
no morals in football these days just accountants.
Why would anyone want to buy them?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The biggest surprise about all this is that he was on £24k a week :lol: What a mess they are in financially :)