Today's Main Beef.......

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Main Beef.......

Post by The Subhuman »

Which reminds me..must add up the MOTM scores after work
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:13 pm Strange name for a record shop...Coffee and Cake. Not to mention wierd place to open it...in a garden centre. I guess they do things differently up there
:rol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:13 pm Strange name for a record shop...Coffee and Cake. Not to mention wierd place to open it...in a garden centre. I guess they do things differently up there

There's one in Halifax called Loafers Vinyl and coffee. Spent a nice hour in there last year.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Record shop is at the top end of Scarborough town centre not at Dean's Garden Centre where we had coffee & cake. Copper Horse up next :-D
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Ellandback1 wrote:

horseradish - YUK
Never liked the texture - preferred Coleman's English mustard - preferably the powdered version that you can make as strong (or as weak) as you like.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:01 am I cant get enough of it Ell, If I have my way, I would eat it with most meat dishes, even nice mixed in to mashed potatoes. I have been known to add it within a cheese and ham sandwich. Now If you really want a culinary delight, horse radish sauce spread thickly on both inner slices of a sandwich filled with salt and vinegar crisps. If I am stuck for supply of horseradish, Wasabi makes a nice alternative and guaranteed to get your eyes watering.
Love horseradish Azkal, delicious
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:27 pm There's one in Halifax called Loafers Vinyl and coffee. Spent a nice hour in there last year.
Sounds like my sort of place Ges

Spent 90 minutes browsing & discussing music with the owner Paul who informed they were having a sale on the 16th November in connection with a 37 years celebratory party connected to when they first opened. Unfortunately Jill & I are away that weekend so Paul pointed to a rack of 1000's of cd's & said anything you want Leon I'll do it half price. Loads of albums in there I already have but I did find 10 cd's (including a double) for £17 :-D

Of course there are tons of vinyl albums which is the highest turnover of any record shops business nowadays
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:16 pm Sounds like my sort of place Ges

Spent 90 minutes browsing & discussing music with the owner Paul who informed they were having a sale on the 16th November in connection with a 37 years celebratory party connected to when they first opened. Unfortunately Jill & I are away that weekend so Paul pointed to a rack of 1000's of cd's & said anything you want Leon I'll do it half price. Loads of albums in there I already have but I did find 10 cd's (including a double) for £17 :-D

Of course there are tons of vinyl albums which is the highest turnover of any record shops business nowadays
Only vinyl in there though, unless it's changed in the last 18 months, which I'd be surprised if they have.

Was going to wait until the thread dropped half way down the page before replying ;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

:(
gessa wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:41 pm Only vinyl in there though, unless it's changed in the last 18 months, which I'd be surprised if they have.

Was going to wait until the thread dropped half way down the page before replying ;-)
:lol: :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 am See you later folks

Heading to Scarborough to my favourite record shop. Coffee & Cake at Dean's Garden Centre.

Booked a table at The Copper Horse in Seamer for yet another delicious meal, doubt I'll be ordering beef though!
Probably passed you on the way back down from Robin Hood's Bay then. Had pork pie and beer cake for lunch at Birch Hall Inn, plus a pint and a half of Beckwatter.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:41 pm Only vinyl in there though, unless it's changed in the last 18 months, which I'd be surprised if they have.

Sounds like the discount sex shop I use
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:56 pm Sounds like the discount sex shop I use
:oops: :oops:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:42 pm Probably passed you on the way back down from Robin Hood's Bay then. Had pork pie and beer cake for lunch at Birch Hall Inn, plus a pint and a half of Beckwatter.
Wow Sara

Don't know the Birch Hall Inn, will have to investigate sometime

What atrocious weather, awful drive back home from Scarborough during the evening.

I have another horrendous journey today as I'm driving to & fro Sheffield, also parking is poor around Hillsborough therefore we have to park up a fair old walk away, we're gonna get soaked :rain: hope we don't get p*ssed on in more than one way
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:37 pm I too love horseradish Azkal. Love it with gammon, sausages, beef, and one of my fave nibbles with a glass of fizz is horseradish mixed with cream cheese and capers, spread on little gem lettuce leaves topped with smoked salmon, lemon juice and fresh ground black pepper :)
Agree Swanny, it goes well with Smoked Salmon, had it a few times as a starter course when dinning out over the years.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I’ve just posted on the “Marcelo Bielsa, a reality check” thread and it stayed near the bottom of the first page so anyone who doesn’t scroll down won’t see it??
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 am I’ve just posted on the “Marcelo Bielsa, a reality check” thread and it stayed near the bottom of the first page so anyone who doesn’t scroll down won’t see it??
don't know why but for some strange reason on some of the yorkshire square threads the threads don't move up . bit annoying really.
btw regarding your reality check post although at times its been very frustrating i totally agree what you say rich.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's because they're articles written by Adam and not really on general chat
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:15 am Wow Sara

Don't know the Birch Hall Inn, will have to investigate sometime

What atrocious weather, awful drive back home from Scarborough during the evening.

I have another horrendous journey today as I'm driving to & fro Sheffield, also parking is poor around Hillsborough therefore we have to park up a fair old walk away, we're gonna get soaked :rain: hope we don't get p*ssed on in more than one way
At Beck Hole, near Goathland. Unchanged since the 1930s, well worth a visit, with Falling Foss waterfall nearby.

The drive back was wetness itself, but we made reasonable time, considering. Usually park at the Wadsley Jack and walk down for Hillsborough. Only just realised it's an early kick off, so better catch up...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Come on folks!

Wish Rich 64 & Genghers a happy birthday please