Preston v Leeds Utd MATCH THREAD - Bielsa names unchanged side

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Preston v Leeds Utd MATCH THREAD - Bielsa names unchanged side

Post by Dietkebab »

I thought we were easily the better team tonight even if we weren’t at our best. Preston are a good side but like most teams we just play better football.

I personally think the frustration comes from the single fact that we waste so many good chances. I personally can’t stand Bamford. I’ve never rated him as a player and was disappointed when we signed him as I knew he was wasteful.

I think Harrison needs to improve his finishing like a couple of others because he seems to make some great runs but just isn’t clinical enough. Tonight he should have at least hit the target with that back post chance. I think he’s solid at defending but he should cross sooner.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:24 pm That’s what I don’t get, it’s not even half full, we could conceivably have 8 - 10 more points, conservatively 6.....if we were playing badly i’d Understand but we are largely dominating games. Bielsa has shown faith in his striker, that’s what he does and I think players respond to that. I’m sure MB hasn’t brought Eddie in to pee him off and his chance of a run will come, what have we got 30 odd games to play....thought subs were late myself today but we’re talking tweaks, team, squad, manager and club not looked stronger for many a year.
Exactly why I'm so frustrated. And had Nketiah been on even 10 mins earlier, we'd have won that. The one where Bamford slid in across goal and missed at 0-0, he'd have scored.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Penalty call from behind the goal, looks a good tackle...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Like I said, we'd have missed anyway, so no point getting worked up about it.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

A 'frank and open discussion' is probably the best way to describe the reaction on here to last night's result.
Personally I don't think it's as bad as some people are making out.
Again we made a top 6 side look ordinary and made them defend for long periods despite them being the home side.
Yes, the lack of goals is a big issue. I really feel for Bamford, he's not a bad player but his confidence is shot to bits and it's time for him to be benched in favour of Eddie.
If he comes on late in a game in which we are ahead the pressure will be off him and it may do him some good.
Incidentally, Ben White missed a glorious chance in the first half but not much mention of that?
This league really is throwing up some strange results at the moment. Who would thought bottom side Barnsley would get a point at league leaders West Brom?
Not me, I had West Brom in our last man standing competition FFS!!
Should we have won last night? Possibly but we didn't we ground out a draw so we have to take that and move on to the Wendies.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 pm What a bunch of whinging moaning fcukers.
I don't blame them mate

The game should have been over by half-time.

2nd in the league but we are so frustrating to watch. Every fan in the stadium knew Preston would get one chance & put it away with ease, our players are as predictable as Bielsa, all huff & puff with nothing to show for some of the nice football we play.

If you think our fans are WMF's on here you should see the fans on the terraces, we spend most of the games with our heads in our hands borne out of sheer frustration as we blow chance after chance.

God knows what we do on the training ground as I have never seen a team that dominate matches so much but can't shoot or head for toffee. I do wonder when I return to the coach & read the BBC results page how lesser teams than us score for fun.

It's embarrassing !

I personally feel a point away from home is always a good point but once again it should have been three.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 pm Apologies for my language everyone, just annoyed because it was so predictable what would happen.
No problem, this Leeds side is enough to make anyone swear !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm Says a lot when Berardi is probably MOTM 😂
But he wasn't MOTM, one of better players though
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:46 pm Three assists in the last four games?
The amount of time Jack is on the ball we should be getting more, one of our better players on the night with the usual huff & puff
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Another frustrating night for all concerned, especially for Mr P Bamford !!

I feel for the guy, clearly giving he’s all but he’s so short of confidence now I think a spell outside the team is best for him and the side. As each and every chance went begging last night you could sense he’s shoulders dropping more and more.

Work rate is great but strikers thrive on goals and he just can’t buy one right now, therefore for me now is the time to start with Eddie with Tyler in No 10 role.
We may concede much more possession than we usually have in games a a result but I’m sure we will all forsake that for the crucial commodity we lack at the moment - goals !! Cant expect to keep winning games when we can only muster 1 goal.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Looks like Bielsa agrees with all us moaners that Preston scored with their first attempt on goal and we should have been out of sight before then. However he won't make the relevant changes to rectify that, whereas all of us would. The obvious changes are Bamford for Nketiah and Dallas for Roberts, but it will be the same 11 on Saturday.
hector

Post by hector »

Can't Cost play no 10?
then we can put Dallas to RB where he excells this season, Ayling to RW, and Costa to 10
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 am Should we have won last night? Possibly but we didn't we ground out a draw so we have to take that and move on to the Wendies.
So five games we should have won but didn't is acceptable Chilli ?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Why don't we bring in a striker coach to help Bamford, like Wood had Beattie? What about Hasselbaink? He's not doing anything at the moment.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:17 am So five games we should have won but didn't is acceptable Chilli ?
It seems so 64 and that's why we'll never get promoted. Too many are happy to accept mediocrity and failure 'as we tried hard'. For all the 'every team takes points off each other' mantra, no one else in this league dominates as much as us without winning.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

NorfolkWhite wrote: You lot are deluded - who the hell is likely to get anywhere near the performances out of the team that MB has over the last 18 months.....I really do despair at times. That would be the single stupidest thing this club has done in the last 15 years at the very least.....probably since PR thought it would be a great idea to borrow against future revenues and squander it on over priced average players....
At the end of the day performances mean nothing, its about results. We can play any team in this league off the park every game but the aim is to put the ball in the net which we cannot do and for that reason alone we will not go up unless of course Bielsa decides that he is wrong with his team selection , drops PB, plays players in their natural positions and trys a different way of playing otherwise there's someone else who may as well go away and try out his one and only style of play elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lovely interception and through ball from Harrison in the first half
Lovely touch lay off for Alioski later
Great cross for Nketiah for the headed goal..

Yes he missed a narrow angle chance but I'm to first to admit his not a finisher, not a lot of wingers are. Could have had 4 assists Saturday on another day, Could have had 3/4 last night..He's creating plenty of chances for us which is his job...and one of our better players for me this season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:14 am Can't Cost play no 10?
then we can put Dallas to RB where he excells this season, Ayling to RW, and Costa to 10
Unsure Costa can play anywhere Hector, was ineffective again last night

Maybe worth a try although I would think Roberts is more natural choice in that position
hector

Post by hector »

But Roberts is nearly as bad as Barn door Bambi for shooting on target
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:57 am Lovely interception and through ball from Harrison in the first half
Lovely touch lay off for Alioski later
Great cross for Nketiah for the headed goal..

Yes he missed a narrow angle chance but I'm to first to admit his not a finisher, not a lot of wingers are. Could have had 4 assists Saturday on another day, Could have had 3/4 last night..He's creating plenty of chances for us which is his job...and one of our better players for me this season
That was a difficult chance to score to be fair Faaip, I was right in line with it about 20 yards away, had Jack hit the target I'd have expected Rudd to save it.

Jack is definitely more effective than our supposedly £15m & £11m missing wingers