Goodbye (leaving the Forum)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Goodbye (leaving the Forum)

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Dont be silly, how often do we lock threads on here? I'm admin and I completely disagree with hector (About almost everything ;-) )

Debates on non football issues are fine but once tempers start to rise then threads will be locked to prevent us all falling out.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Pity you're leaving Rad, from time to time tempers rise, mainly on the type of threads that was locked, I always stay away from them, hopefully you will give it a couple of days and have a rethink, whatever your final decision, good luck.
Tbh though, this is still the friendliest forum out there, I really can't remember the last time a thread got locked, the last time I remember any hostility and nastiness on here was May last year. Not saying today's events were either of those btw.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

There was a well mannered and mature debate going on until you decided to wreck it with your bigoted views. If you are so narcissistic that you can't even comprehend that other people might have a differing opinion to yourself then i would say open forums are not for you. Go find yourself a nice echo chamber where you and your like minded friends can all pat each other on the back for being so much cleverer and morally superior to the rest of us unenlightened gullible fools.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

WhiteRose wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:34 pm There was a well mannered and mature debate going on until you decided to wreck it with your bigoted views. If you are so narcissistic that you can't even comprehend that other people might have a differing opinion to yourself then i would say open forums are not for you. Go find yourself a nice echo chamber where you and your like minded friends can all pat each other on the back for being so much cleverer and morally superior to the rest of us unenlightened gullible fools.

Play nicely 8-)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

radebe88 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:45 pm It just brexit in a nutshell. Very divisive with most people not wanted their views challenged.

And that's why the thread was closed.

Not because admin/mods support one view or the other, just that it is a divisive subject.

Let's get back to talking about the football.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

radebe88 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:45 pm Thanks Gessa, I always enjoy your posts.

It just brexit in a nutshell. Very divisive with most people not wanted their views challenged.

All the best
I voted remain by the way, but I think there's a big case to go. I almost had to toss a coin. Nothing wrong with good discussion but you dismissed discussion for a statement that all leave voters were wrong ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

I voted remain mate actually but have accepted long ago that things didn't go my way and have moved on whilst you have not. I call you a bigot because you freely admit you cant comprehend why anyone would still want Brexit - well try listening to what people tell you and try to see things from their perspective rather than just discrediting them as idiots in a manner which is condescening and patronising. Anyway apologies to all if I have gone over board just sick of it all now.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I don't remember exactly but the original referendum in 2016 caused some rather heated differences and there may have been a locked thread or two then. It is a very divisive subject, but opinions should never imply an insult or moral superiority to either side.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Blimey, I don't go on the forum for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.
Chill out folks, big game tonight
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

I have never voted in my life.
I didn't vote in the referendum on Europe.
But I've found out what ALL MPs are !! 😡😡
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Would hate for the forum to lose a great poster. Take a break away for a week or two perhaps.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Radebe88, Being a moderator / Admin is a thankless task.

When there is a thread which has the possibilities of spilling over, the best thing to do is to lock it!

Not because views aren't important,

Not because moderators are trying to treat posters like a child,

Not even because they may or may not disagree with his / her views.....

The reason why admin closed the thread is as follow imo.

By writing on a sensitive subject it is easy to be offended or cause offence without knowing it!

You can't see the reaction of the other posters you are communicating with.

Somebody might say something completely innocent, but if it were written on a forum, its very easy to misunderstand and to take a purely innocent comment as a personal attack.

So, its easier to close the thread early rather than risk innocent misinterpretations!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Shame if you are leaving Rad. I think this is the best LUFC forum going. We all have our disagreements, just look at the Preston thread!, but we all have civil discussions without resorting to name calling or insults and at the end of the day, we all want the same thing! I've been on other forums where it felt like a bureaucracy where certain members would gang up, but I don't feel like there's any of that here. If you think here is bad, just wait until you're on Twitter! Hopefully you just have a break and come up back soon. :tup:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Has he gone yet? find it hard to understand why someone would start a thread about leaving a forum.... just f' in leave
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:27 am Has he gone yet? find it hard to understand why someone would start a thread about leaving a forum.... just f' in leave
To be honest I thought Radebe had already left MOT :lol:

He is always quite welcome on this forum, hopefully he has a change of heart.

Life is too short to fall out because one may share a different opinion, especially about politics
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

I'm leaving if we don't go up this season too :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Doire_Boi wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:29 am I'm leaving if we don't go up this season too :)
:lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I am staying even when the ship is sinking
when the volcanos are erupting
when the moon is blood red
When the land is full of pestilence
when famine rules the land
when death is knocking at every door
and wars rage in every country.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:35 am I am staying even when the ship is sinking
when the volcanos are erupting
when the moon is blood red
When the land is full of pestilence
when famine rules the land
when death is knocking at every door
and wars rage in every country.
Pleased to hear it rab :)