Nketiah impresses with hat-trick for Young Lions

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Nketiah impresses with hat-trick for Young Lions

Post by YorkshireSquare »

England U21s put in an impressive performance at Stadium MK on Tuesday night with a 5-1 demolition of Austria in their European Championship qualifying match. The most interesting part of the story for Leeds United fans will be a hat-trick from Eddie Nketiah bringing his tally over the international weekend to four following his penalty against Slovenia on Friday. Callum Hudson-Odoi opened the scoring after 12 minutes before Eddie bagged his first on 28 minutes, followed by his second 11 minutes later. Hudson-Odoi scored a second just before half time giving England a 4-0 lead at the break. Austria pulled one back on 66 minutes before Eddie completed his hat-trick on 79 minutes to give the Young Lions a 5-1 victory.

The first goal a sneaky flick at the post, the second an immaculately placed header and the third a left foot into the top corner after he found space in the box in typical Eddie style. Nketiah ended the game with impressive stats. 86 minutes played, 24 touches, 7 shots, 6 on target and 3 goals. He did miss a penalty though. Surely with his performance for the Young Lions demonstrating yet again his ability to find space and put the ball in the back of the net he must be in line for a bigger role in the Leeds team?

Speaking about his role at Leeds so far this season Nketiah said;

Obviously, I will never be happy with being on the bench. I want to play. I pride myself on being in the team. I think I am good enough to be in the team.

Stats from LUFCDATA
Bally
First Team
First Team

Re: Nketiah impresses with hat-trick for Young Lions

Post by Bally »

I don't get it Leeds have a problem scoring goals so they get someone in on loan who scores regularly when he plays but persisit with someone who misses so many golden opportunities,it could be the difference between going up automatically or facing the play offs,for me its a no brainer Nketiah should be starting Saturday.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

If we weren't banging them in left right and centre I think he would be worth a run out :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Must be frustrating for the young lad whose been banging them in all season.

But MB has a pecking order, for better or worse we saw last season how hard it is to force your way up that.

We all love MB but he is stubborn and flawed like us all.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just goes to show us what a decent striker Nketiah is when the delivery into the box is decent

The majority of crosses are hit into box aimlessly with no accuracy whatsoever.

All Eddie's Leeds goals have come from crosses but they are few or between for our strikers
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:39 pm Must be frustrating for the young lad whose been banging them in all season.

But MB has a pecking order, for better or worse we saw last season how hard it is to force your way up that.

We all love MB but he is stubborn and flawed like us all.
If we dont get a decent run going Cjay I have to say we have drifted into the worse column.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa