The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) Nketiah shows why he should start for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) Nketiah shows why he should start for Leeds

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 11th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Nketiah shows why he should start for Leeds

Eddie Nketiah has been training with the England young lions. This is what we are missing on on by having the 20yo on the bench for 80% of matches. Thoughts?

Leeds fans discuss Bielsa’s successor on social media
Leeds fans on social media aren’t happy after it was revealed that Steven Gerrard is being eyed as Bielsa’s successor by the Elland Road hierarchy. Is it uncool for Leeds fans to be happy and positive about Leeds Utd? We all know that Bielsa's contract only lasts until the end of this current season, and should Leeds not get promoted, he will leave the club!

What about Carlos Corberan? The 36 year old former Spanish goalkeeper guided our U23's to Northern and National success last term. It was widely publicised that he was likely to succeed the Argentine when he eventually steps down especially as he works with Bielsa day in, day out!

If Gerrard were to join Leeds, I feel it would be as a stepping stone until the hot seat at Anfield was available!

Last Summer when Bielsa's future was up in the air, bookmakers opened their books as to who would be Leeds next Manager. These were the odds / likely candidates;

Carlos Corberan 5/1
Nigel Pearson 11/1
David Moyes 11/1
Sam Allardyce 11/1
Mikel Arteta 14/1
Carlos Carvalhal 14/1
Chris Coleman 14/1
Alan Pardew 16/1

Hernandez responding well to treatment
Pablo Hernandez is responding well to treatment, and may be available shortly after the International Break! How much have Leeds missed the 34 year old? Realistically, how many games this season can our talisman play? Is he as good as he was last season?

Which players form have dropped this season, compared to last, and why do you think that is? Are there any players which have been more impressive this term, than last? How important is Ben White to us? Brighton have recently come out and said he is now a 20m player! Agree?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) Nketiah shows why he should start for Leeds

Post by 1964white »

List of managers

Some shockers amongst that lot

Nketiah

Looks a natural but doesn't fit in Bielsa set-up. If that's the case why did we sign Eddie ?

Hernandez

We miss Pablo big-time, he is our most creative player even when he was below par prior to his injury

Ben White

Lose White or Phillips & we are up the creek, as simple as that :(
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) Nketiah shows why he should start for Leeds

Post by Ellandback1 »

Who'd like to see Alan Pardew as our next Manager.

He's been linked with the ER hot seat every vacancy for the last 5 years
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The usual dinosaurs cropping up again. :roll: If Bielsa went in the summer, it'd be Corberan or someone similar, certainly not Moyes or Pardew.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Dear God, that manager list fills me with dread with the exception of Corberan, Arteta and Coleman.
The others would just undo all the good that has been done under Bielsa.

Nketiah should be given a start soon, we have to know if he can fit into Bielsa's system or not. I think he will only put up with being on the bench for so long.

Yes we miss Pablo which is a worry as he is bound to miss other games this season.

Who has improved on last season? Without doubt Stuart Dallas and Jamie Shackleton gets better with every game.

Jack Harrison hasn't got any worse but I don't think he has improved either from what I've seen.

I can understand Brighton putting a 20m price tag on Ben White, he has been our best player this season and while I have to admit he seems an upgrade on Jansson, I wish we had both.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:36 am Who'd like to see Alan Pardew as our next Manager.

He's been linked with the ER hot seat every vacancy for the last 5 years
I'd seriously consider not renewing my season-ticket if we were prepared to employ inept jokers such as Pardew, to be honest he'd only be in a job at ER for a few months although he could set our club back years in his short time at Leeds
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Where's all this rubbish come from about us changing managers anyway?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 pm I'd seriously consider not renewing my season-ticket if we were prepared to employ inept jokers such as Pardew, to be honest he'd only be in a job at ER for a few months although he could set our club back years in his short time at Leeds
Completely agree. He's the complete opposite of Bielsa in every way possible.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This is mostly paper talk and bookie odds. So about as relevant as which 1970's player would you sign for LUFC today.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Afternoon.

Managers.
I looked at some on that list and the Monster Mash somehow popped into my mind....
Personally I am sure we would need to look inside the club if and when MB leaves as we will not have any money to do anything else. Gerrard would be crazy to come near us as he has too much to lose, he knows he will command the Liverpool job at some point.

Pablo, he is our talisman, think back to Bristol and Stoke, how many goals did he create there? Once he finds his touch again I am confident even Bamford will be able to find the net.

Eddie Like last season we were left rueing Daniel James getting away this season it could be Eddies turn to leave is wondering. ...He is only a kid but we didnt take him on loan and pay top dollar use him so sparingly surely? In fact if he is kept out in the cold for another month in favour Bamford then I can see Bielsa getting and deserving more criticism. I don't buy this crap about him not fitting into his system. We have the services of a predator, a natural born goal scorer and are ignoring him and not scoring goals. If we were banging them in week after week that would be different. This lad if he stays injury free and out of trouble will play for England at the highest level.

Improved player
Forshaw and Dallas, Shacks too. They have become more consistent. I am meh about Harrison, not improving or getting worse. Too many touches, crosses with the wrong foot no matter where he is most of the time. I really hope that Roberts can get match sharp he could make a big difference. White has been a revelation. Best player we have had here in years.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Managers.

I was in the Corberan camp but ive changed my mind, in terms of success as a head coach he is a step down on TC. Personally when MB goes we need to go younger, similar tactical views but experienced.

Id go for Marcelo Gallardo, only 43 but regarded as the best coach in River Plate history.

Pablo.

The King, far to overworked, we need him back but at the same time we need to find a way to cope without him. Dont know what it is but our record without Pablo since he has been here has been awful.

Eddie.

Its up to him to convince Bielsa, if MB isnt convinced he wont ever get a chance.

Improved.

Dallas, Forshaw.

White.

Very impressive early on but £20mil is a joke.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The biggest blessing anyone can have is to have a good working environment.
If your work place is a joyous place to be, then it is like having a second wage.
If your workmates support you and stick up for you in all circumstances then
you feel secure.

I suppose as a manager it is Bielsa's job to create a situation where there is harmony
in the workplace. He has to juggle with the egos of all the players and fit them into
a system where they feel worthy and fulfilled... which is a hard task.
Coupled with that he has to try to please both management and fans.

Contrast that with all this nonsense about who will be the next manager, or
if Gerrard is coming from Rangers. It is all idle speculation. Then you have
the fans on social media discussing the merits of Bamford and Nketiah or if
Costa can play in the same team as Hernandez or if Ayling should replace
Dallas once he is fit... and Jack Harrison he takes so much stick it is enough
to dishearten anybody, but in the end it is all sound and fury signifying nothing.
One gets the impression that there is a cabal of miscreants intent on fermenting
unrest, for the dissent is unrelenting. The fans take great pride in their insights and analysis
of how Leeds are fairing and this generates a certain hubris.

It is said that pride comes before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction.
In classical Greek tragedy, hubris was often a fatal shortcoming that brings about
the fall of the tragic hero. Now Bielsa to me, seems to be a rather humble man, but the fans
have given him a God like status and their expectations of him are typically, overconfident,
in that he will deliver promotion. If there are signs that this is failing to happen then it will
be the fans who will clamour for his head on a plate... regardless of the fact he has been the best
manager we have had in years.

Forrest, Derby, Swansea and Charlton have put dents into the idea of Bielsa's invincibility.
The tragic hero is being perceived as flawed, stubborn, arrogant. Usually it is the hero that oversteps
the boundaries of human limitations and inevitably is humbled with a sharp reminder of their
own frailty. But I truly believe there is a collective consciousness and mentality amongst the fans
that says "Hope deferred makes the heart sick" and pressure will be put on Bielsa that once more
he will become the flawed hero who walks away. The hubris of fandom will have won the day and we will
never see "the longing fulfilled being a tree of life"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:45 pm Managers.

I was in the Corberan camp but ive changed my mind, in terms of success as a head coach he is a step down on TC. Personally when MB goes we need to go younger, similar tactical views but experienced.

Id go for Marcelo Gallardo, only 43 but regarded as the best coach in River Plate history.
Good shout. I like Corberan as the romantic choice, but I guess it depends when Marcelo leaves. If this summer, I'd like someone more experienced, but if in a couple of years, then I think Corberan would be ready.

I'd like to think the standard has been set now in the type of coach we want. No hasbeens or never beens from the lower leagues or merry go round dinosaurs. A big name, but not too expensive -Van Bronckhorst, Peter Bosz, Julien Stephan (Rennes) etc.

Not sure what's so impressive about Gerrard, came second in a two team league, where their resources vastly out muscle the rest.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Thought on something like this to be our new header for the Breakfast debate?

Can we make it better?

Anybody want to tinker with it?
mot.jpg
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Excellent

Go with it Matt :tup:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Better or worse?
mot1.jpg
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I miss the pictures of bacon and eggs and cups of tea.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:58 pm I miss the pictures of bacon and eggs and cups of tea.
Maybe Matt could interchange them, both brilliant
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

SaraM wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:58 pm I miss the pictures of bacon and eggs and cups of tea.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »