Oh Dear Ole ( Shame about Scum)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Oh Dear Ole ( Shame about Scum)

Post by Cjay »

Currently 2-0 down to Colin's Cardiff at Old Trafford. :oops:

If they dont win thats no wins in the last 6.

2 wins in 10 if they dont win today.

6 defeats.

Oh dear Ole :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Oh Dear Ole

Post by 1964white »

Offered a huge contract & their form has gone to pot since

Another one on their managerial conveyor belt I suspect
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I think ManU just want to get this season over.

For me Ole was never going to be a good fit as that job needs a manager with stature. His one of the boys type image just doesn't cut it sometimes.

But we will only be able to properly judge him when he is able to bring in his own players and move along those who are just going through the motions.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Failure at Cardiff let's hope he carries on in the same vein. To be fair football is cyclical and they had a good run.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

That dressing room is poisoned beyond repair. Long may it continue.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

5 months later almost and Ole is still sucking at his job :lol:

What an absolutely stupid appointment he was (long may he continue).

12th but only 2 points away from the bottom 3. Liverpool next, so unless a miracle happens or Liverpool forget to turn up thats a guaranteed loss and someone below them will win :)

Worst start in 30 years.

4 wins in the last 20 games in all competitions (Rochdale was technically a win on pens but dont count that).

Thats crap by any managers standards (apart from Hecky, he'd be delighted).

:)
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Jose said guiding Manchester United to a second place finish was his greatest achievement, I think he was right. There are issues at that club beyond the manager. All about the commercials, no plan or strategy for the football team.

As you say, long may it continue.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm in the "Long may it continue" club as well :lol: Deserve everything they get....awful football club....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interestingly the last time Man Utd started so poorly was 1989-1990. The last time Liverpool won the title 1989-1990. The last time Leeds were promoted to the top flight was 1989-1990.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

weasel wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:17 pm Interestingly the last time Man Utd started so poorly was 1989-1990. The last time Liverpool won the title 1989-1990. The last time Leeds were promoted to the top flight was 1989-1990.
Yes please!!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:17 pm Interestingly the last time Man Utd started so poorly was 1989-1990. The last time Liverpool won the title 1989-1990. The last time Leeds were promoted to the top flight was 1989-1990.
Now you're talking weasel :)
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Maguire was a poor choice of signing, he’s not a bad player as such but massively overrated. No team is going to be successful when Maguire is your main CB. He needs a solid CB with pace alongside him to have a hope of keeping clean sheets. That £80 million could have been spent on a far better CB or other areas of the pitch.
Wan Bissaka is a very good signing one of the best out and out defenders in the league tbf.

A lot gets made of him not having a great squad to work with (and it isn’t tbf) but neither do Chelsea or Arsenal but they are still way ahead of them.

I honestly don’t think there is anyone who can get them near to competing with City or Liverpool. Pep and Klopp are so far ahead of all the other managers in the world Sarri is probably the only other manager who gets near to them (and he won’t leave Juventus to go there). Ten Haag who manages Ajax will go on to be a top class manager but I doubt they will appoint him.
They will probably appoint either Pochetinno or Allegri. The funny thing is Pochetinno would have to spend at least £200 million just to build a squad as good as his Tottenham one and he couldn’t get that team anywhere near challenging City and Liverpool and hasn’t won a trophy.
Allegri is a very good manager tbf but again would have to spend £200 million plus to be a side as good as his Juventus one.
Both would get them into the top 4, Allegri would probably get them into the top 3 but neither manager has ever really proven themselves against the elite managers/teams so they won’t win the title which suits me just fine 😂
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

They need to start from scratch and build the squad, don’t think they have the patience though.
There Is Only One United.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Be interesting to see how the current set of players would handle a relegation battle.

Right now Citeh & Liverpool are a million miles ahead of them
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm Be interesting to see how the current set of players would handle a relegation battle.

Right now Citeh & Liverpool are a million miles ahead of them
It would be funny and tragic if they were relegated and we dont go up.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

This thread should really be titled "Shame about Scum"
hector

Re: Oh Dear Ole ( Shame about Scum)

Post by hector »

Sorted for you Norm :mrgreen:
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Just for balance
Michael Carricks fatha used to fly a canny pigeon.....as you were :booked:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

PriceOfFootball

@KieranMaguire
Follow
Follow @KieranMaguire

More
Ed Woodward may claim that on field success is irrelevant to Manchester United making but the market disagrees. United are now worth $1,700,000,000 less on the stock exchange than August 2018. #MUFC

A shame isn't it.
Signed

King Cjay