The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th October) - Jack Clarke to be recalled

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th October) - Jack Clarke to be recalled

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 8th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Jack Clarke to be recalled

The Sun have reported Tottenham and Leeds have agreed to cut short Jack Clarke's loan move at Elland Road. The talented England U20 winger has not featured at all in the league so far this season and does not appear to be in Bielsa’s plans.

More than likely Spurs wil loan him out to one of Leeds promotion rivals in January. Could this come back to bite Leeds on the ass?

Former referee slams red card decision

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher has questioned James Linington’s decision to send Gaetano Berardi off against Millwall on Saturday.

Even if it is a penalty, I don’t think it is a red card because Kalvin Phillips will cut [Bradshaw] off when he goes down. If he’s touched, maybe he gets a little touch, but it’s not a penalty for me and it’s certainly not a red card.

Leeds had until 1pm yesterday lunchtime to submit any evidence in support of the 31yo defender.

Leeds talk

Did Leeds look a better side with Douglas at left back?

Is Harrison more comfortable at right back, and if so where do we play Costa?

How much of an influence has Hernandez been this season, as apposed to last season?

Is Alioski good enough to start on the left wing?

What is Stuart Dallas's best position?

If you could strengthen in any department in January, where would it be?

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th October) Clarke to be recalled

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Yea as always an ex-player will up his game and you can guarantee Clarke would love to show us how good he really is

DG totally right always liked him ;-)

Pablo hasn’t been as good so far this season but we need our little wizard firing or our season could easily fall apart (more than it is)

Ali on the left wing is a yes, still think we could throw a spanner in the works and play him at number 10, we’d win lots of free kicks around their box

Dallas right wingback for me he’s been outstanding this year

We need a striker that can score goals on a consistent basis and can also turn Biesla’s head away from Bambi’s flowing blonde locks
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th October) - Jack Clarke to be recalled

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

I'm not at all surprised Jack Clarke is being recalled to Spurs. I'm not quite sure what the point of it was if he wasn't going to be given game time. I've not seen all the games but those that have, have said Harrison's crossing has been poor so why hasn't Clarke replaced him in any of the games?
Such a shame for a player who looked absolute class when he broke into the team last season.
I expect he will move to another championship side where is more or less guaranteed to play. Step forward Barnsley....

I know Ayling is reasonably fit again now, if not totally match fit but Dallas should have been kept at RB. Why move someone from a position where he has been excellent all season?
I think it's time for Robbie Gotts to be given his chance in CM. Shackleton has taken his chance and has proved his worth so why not Gotts?
And unless Strujik or Casey are going to be added to the first team match day squad we desperately need another CB. We cannot continue to walk the injury tightrope only having Cooper and White as recognised CB's

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th October) - Jack Clarke to be recalled

Post by SG90 »

Sad news about Jack, but entirely predictable. Bielsa refuses to give him a chance, but I guess Poch doesn't trust his development will benefit from staying here. But it's another squad number we lose, so he must be replaced.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Not good be well for Jack so far, Bielsa doesn’t seem interested in him anymore. But then if he didn’t want to be at Leeds why should be Leeds be interested in playing him.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

No surprise about Clarke if it is true. Spurs want to protect their investment and we cant find room for him in our all conquering side

Where do we need to strengthen in January? We need a No 10 and or a striker, but before then surely Roberts, and Bogusz will have needed to be tested. Leeds need a player to play in the hole.

Dallas RB
Ayling bench.
Douglas, I cant recall when he came on on Saturday but after the first 20 mins of the second half he seemed to fade. Match fitness needed maybe? LB but If he has Ali up ahead I do not think he should be used on the overload as much.
Ali L W
Harrison Bench or 2nds or both. Noone should be undroppable.
If it wasnt for Pablo we would not have rolled Bristol and Stoke or unlocked Forest imo. One pass from him can change a game. My question is can he and Costa play together?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Not bothered about Clarke going. He hasn't been the same since Middlesbrough, and he'd been sussed out before then anyway. There also seemed to be a bit of hubris in his attitude towards going to the 'bigger' club, so maybe this will bring him down to earth a bit. Maybe that was Bielsa's intention all along.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Can’t understand why Clarke hasn’t been given a chance this season especially when all of our wingers have been below par. I’m not saying start him but a few chances off the bench would have been nice. Still have to remember he is only 18 and he changed a lot of games during the first half of last season. We’ve not been able to recover a single point in games we’ve trailed this season so surely he could have been given a chance at some point? Even during his dip in form second half of last season we did still look better at times when he came on than we did with Harrison.

Douglas was good last season and I really felt he was going to push on and get closer to his Wolves form. Absolutely no doubt he’s regressed though and badly out of form. Still rate him as a player really good passer of the ball and feeds the players ahead of him in dangerous areas and I don’t think he is as ineffective going forward as has been suggested. His main issue for me is defensive work that side of his game has been terrible this season I do think he can bounce back but we can’t wait around for that to happen. Ayling and Dallas deserve the full back spots for the time being.

Even though Pablo hasn’t been at his usual levels he is still our best attacking player and by far the most creative player in the side. Costa will come good imo but he needs to be benched for now to get used to the system and work on building his fitness levels to the standard they need to be at. Manage him like we did at the start and when the whole team starts playing better and scoring goals re introduce him. He’s been unlucky in the sense that he’s come into the team in the middle of a bad run much easier coming into a team full of confidence playing well.

Alioski should play in the left wing, I’m not his biggest fan and don’t think he is a good technical player at all. However, his movement to get into goalscoring positions is good and he’s one of our best finishers makes sense to move him up the pitch to get goals and get us scoring goals again. It’s definitely not a long term fix but when you keep Alioski’s game simple he is a useful player.

Dallas is defo best at full back, I think defensively he is best at RB but I think going forward he suits LB more as he can cut in on his right foot and get goals and more assists went on a scoring run late on last season when he played LB.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

It’s only fair that Clarke gets called back and it’s certain he’ll come back to haunt us with Bristol.
Dallas has no position, he is your star pro, will fill in anywhere and do a decent job, done more than decent at RB.
Douglas should start at LB, let him settle and grow into it, there’s quality there
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

dezzy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm It’s only fair that Clarke gets called back and it’s certain he’ll come back to haunt us with Bristol.
I doubt Clarke will go back on loan to a club that high up the league mate. Think he will probably end up on loan at a club lower down the championship a Barnsley, Luton or Reading someone like that where is he is more likely to get minutes and start regularly I don’t think Tottenham will allow him to go out on loan unless that’s the case. He might even stay at Tottenham and play games for their under 23’s and maybe even play cup games for them and get onto the bench for league games if they have a few injuries etc plus how badly they are playing atm.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Did Leeds look a better side with Douglas at left back?

No

Is Harrison more comfortable at right back, and if so where do we play Costa?

Jack is a winger

How much of an influence has Hernandez been this season, as apposed to last season?

Still better than most when he is average, we miss him big-time

Is Alioski good enough to start on the left wing?

Left wing-back for me

What is Stuart Dallas's best position?

Right wing-back

If you could strengthen in any department in January, where would it be?

Prolific striker/goal scoring midfielder/3rd CB won't happen though :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm I doubt Clarke will go back on loan to a club that high up the league mate. Think he will probably end up on loan at a club lower down the championship a Barnsley, Luton or Reading someone like that where is he is more likely to get minutes and start regularly I don’t think Tottenham will allow him to go out on loan unless that’s the case. He might even stay at Tottenham and play games for their under 23’s and maybe even play cup games for them and get onto the bench for league games if they have a few injuries etc plus how badly they are playing atm.
Reading is a good shout Oscar, Clarke maybe their saviour from relegation
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clarke.

Was a big fan of Jack, one of the few exciting players we had last season. Whatever has happened to him he hasnt become a bad player overnight and he has bucket loads of talent imo. Id like to see him given a chance as a number 10.

Douglas.

Good god no, one of the most disappointing signings in recent years and i still dont know what he brings to the party.

Harrison.

He will end up as a full back imo, he has all the traits of wingers gone by who just wont cut it further up the field, Dallas is a case in point. Costa should play on the right or try him as a 10.

Dallas

Right back, right wing back. Dont want to see him play anywhere else ever again. He has found his position lets not pretend he is like James Milner and can chop and change, its taken years to get good performances out of him.

Ali.
Dont like Ali as a left winger but he is the best player we have by a mile and could play in goal if needed.

Hernandez

Been ok, but think we have to be realistic, he is 3 or 4 years past his prime and eventually he was going to fade. He still has a lot to give but we cant expect him to carry the team anymore.

Transfers.
God where to start, proper left winger, a cb, a number 10, a striker maybe depending on how we do till January. Its not a hard choice actually, number 10, its ridiculous we have a Bielsa side without a proper Enganche.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:02 pm Clarke.

Was a big fan of Jack, one of the few exciting players we had last season. Whatever has happened to him he hasnt become a bad player overnight and he has bucket loads of talent imo. Id like to see him given a chance as a number 10.

Douglas.

Good god no, one of the most disappointing signings in recent years and i still dont know what he brings to the party.

Harrison.

He will end up as a full back imo, he has all the traits of wingers gone by who just wont cut it further up the field, Dallas is a case in point. Costa should play on the right or try him as a 10.

Dallas

Right back, right wing back. Dont want to see him play anywhere else ever again. He has found his position lets not pretend he is like James Milner and can chop and change, its taken years to get good performances out of him.

Ali.
Dont like Ali as a left winger but he is the best player we have by a mile and could play in goal if needed.

Hernandez

Been ok, but think we have to be realistic, he is 3 or 4 years past his prime and eventually he was going to fade. He still has a lot to give but we cant expect him to carry the team anymore.

Transfers.
God where to start, proper left winger, a cb, a number 10, a striker maybe depending on how we do till January. Its not a hard choice actually, number 10, its ridiculous we have a Bielsa side without a proper Enganche.
Love your comments Cjay :tup:

The ones concerning Douglas, Harrison, Dallas & transfers made me smile especially the Dallas/Milner comparison :lol:

Radz, Orta & Bielsa probably reckon the squad is fine

Every Leeds fan who is not blinkered can see the problems
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Oscar wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm I doubt Clarke will go back on loan to a club that high up the league mate. Think he will probably end up on loan at a club lower down the championship a Barnsley, Luton or Reading someone like that where is he is more likely to get minutes and start regularly I don’t think Tottenham will allow him to go out on loan unless that’s the case. He might even stay at Tottenham and play games for their under 23’s and maybe even play cup games for them and get onto the bench for league games if they have a few injuries etc plus how badly they are playing atm.
I’d be shocked if he went as low as Barnsley, could see him stay with squrs and play u23s alright
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..