Bielsa mugged by novice/average managers

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bielsa mugged by novice/average managers

Post by 1964white »

Cooper, Barrett, Bowyer, Lampard, Lambert, Frank, Cook, Monk, Moore, Jones, Karanka, Mowbray, Mcclaren, Adkins, Hurst & maybe more

Who'd have thought :roll: :roll:
1964white

Re: Bielsa mugged by novice/average managers

Post by 1964white »

Won 14 lost 15 games since Christmas
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

It's not that surprising though, Bielsa gives the team away days before the game and his tactics home or away are entirely predictable so not that hard is it. watch the footage of the last game we lost, set your team out the exact same way and rile your players up that it's the biggest game of their lives and there is every chance you will get a point or three.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Also he's spent his whole time at ER polishing turds & rejects who are not good enough for their parent clubs, then you have a top coach Nuno Santos realising two of his players are not up to it so which mugs can we sell Douglas & Costa to :duno:

Then we have the players we sold but didn't replace, we didn't even replace Halme FFS, why sell him after you've sold Jansson leaving us with no adequate back-up, he can't have been on high wages

Plus we haven't got ideal replacements for key players White/Phillips/Hernandez/Bamford playing his system should injuries/suspensions kick on which they already have done

Oh & more crucial than any other point in the championship we haven't got 25 a season goalscorer in fact we do not possess many scorers in our whole squad :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

I will probably be lynched for this but........

Maybe it is time for Bielsa to move on, and let Carlos have a go, I am sure he would change things a bit, and swap players a bit more, and NOT give away the team 3 weeks in advance....

The players are now as fit and "skilled" as they are going to be this season, so they can keep the same sort of system but mix it up a bit....

Just a thought
gessa

Post by gessa »

Who needs Radz and Bielsa. Get rid of both.
Bring back
Cellino/Heckingbottom
Bates/Wise
The glory years.
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 am Who needs Radz and Bielsa. Get rid of both.
Bring back
Cellino/Heckingbottom
Bates/Wise
The glory years.
Now you are talking :mrgreen:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 am Who needs Radz and Bielsa. Get rid of both.
Bring back
Cellino/Heckingbottom
Bates/Wise
The glory years.
Agree, this sense of hope is killing us
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

hector wrote:I will probably be lynched for this but........

Maybe it is time for Bielsa to move on, and let Carlos have a go, I am sure he would change things a bit, and swap players a bit more, and NOT give away the team 3 weeks in advance....

The players are now as fit and "skilled" as they are going to be this season, so they can keep the same sort of system but mix it up a bit....

Just a thought
I don't believe you are the only one thinking along these lines. Bielsa will leave as soon as he thinks there's no hope .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:38 am I don't believe you are the only one thinking along these lines. Bielsa will leave as soon as he thinks there's no hope .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There's been little hope all season, maybe he'll stick around til xmas, can't see him lasting much longer tbh, we are so one dimentional , teams know how to defend against us and then get the sucker punch in, I'm actually starting to lose interest
gessa

Post by gessa »

Millwall getting a lot of credit and Bielsa getting slammed but the stark facts are,without 3 of the worst reffing decisions you'll see, we would not have lost that game and could well be top of the pile still.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 am Millwall getting a lot of credit and Bielsa getting slammed but the stark facts are,without 3 of the worst reffing decisions you'll see, we would not have lost that game and could well be top of the pile still.
Those decisions certainly conspired against us mate, as I said on Cjay's topic if it's not the officials we have a tendency of shooting ourselves in the foot far too many times.

How come so many novice/average managers & poor teams manage to get the better of us far too often ?

Millwall fans & the media will be bigging the lions up, they are not that good but they did cause us a few problems getting round the back of us far too easily
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Loaned one cultured centre half to replace one who thought he was cultured, 👍. Unfortunately everything thing else remains the same we flatter to deceive. Leeds as a team have regressed we were far better last season but was that the surprise element, I think so. Not enough clear cut chances created sums us up. Hope things change.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:36 am Those decisions certainly conspired against us mate, as I said on Cjay's topic if it's not the officials we have a tendency of shooting ourselves in the foot far too many times.

How come so many novice/average managers & poor teams manage to get the better of us far too often ?

Millwall fans & the media will be bigging the lions up, they are not that good but they did cause us a few problems getting round the back of us far too easily
maybe , we're not that good !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'm not saying he should be sacked or anything, but for £3m a year he should be more than good enough to get promoted and I'd like to think he should have a plan b. Yes some of the players aren't good enough, but he's the one picking them. He's the one who only wanted 2 CBs, despite one being severely injury prone and us being weaker without 2 natural CBs. Jansson was kicked out for 'discipline' yet Berardi has been sent off 6 times and will continue to be given chances.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

All depends on perspective. Take yesterday and if you take the match after the penalty then for the rest of that match the 10 men of Leeds drew 1-1 with the 11 of Millwall. Take the defeat to Charlton and how many saves did Casillas have to make? Take the Swansea defeat and again Swansea score with their only shot. So for those 3 defeats hardly like we are getting spanked just 3 defeats where we got no luck at all and the opposition got huge amounts of luck.

Okay so people will say you must play better so that luck, or bad decisions, don't affect the outcome. I notice the new YEP guy is spouting that too. Well it's complete b*llocks. What were we meant to do yesterday be 3-0 up within the first 10 minutes so that having a penalty against us and a man sent off doesn't change the match? Football is probably the sport where a single act, be it luck or the bad reffing decision, can have most influence. Could we play any better against Derby but for bad luck (bad finishing and penalty miss then Derby scoring with their only shot) to change the result?

2 poor performances so far this season and several excellent ones. Yes we need to improve our efficiency in front of goal but apart from that there isn't much wrong.

A lot of talk about our supposed problems from corners so at least some fans will be happy that we conceded a goal from the spot and one from open play instead.

2 away defeats sandwiching a home win so some fans can be happy that our home form now isn't worse than our away form.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I love Bielsa as much as anyone, what he did last season was awesome and he is a lovely and humble man.

When he leaves it should be his choice, he has earned that right.

But some things he does drive me mad.

Yesterday the 2 goals we conceded were down to dire defending from two full backs playing cb.

Berardi allowed his man to get goal side and so did Ayling.

Its a trait of MB, cms and fbs at cb but imo if you havent got the worlds most talented players you shouldn't try playing them out of position, they arent talented enough.

Dallas at cm, its taken years to find a position he is good at, why move him?

Dallas is a try hard, give his all sort of guy with a very dodgy end product.

Full back suits him more then winger for that reason.

Cm requires technical skill, Dallas isnt that sort of player.

I just wish MB would stop trying to do with our 2nd division players what he was doing with international stars for Argentina and Bilbao and Marseille.

Just play them where they are best suited.

Dallas stays fb, Ayling, Berardi and Phillips don't play cb.

If we have injuries use the youth players, at the very least they will fully understand their role.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

I don't generally make comments on football matters.

When I replied to Leon on the phone yesterday I texted "Somebody's head is going to roll if he doesn't improve soon"

You may say I'm a woman & I don't know what I'm talking about but I have seen it happen so many times at Leeds
Last edited by Mrs64 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

My take on this is Bielsa getting mugged by his own players. Our forward play is criminal at times.
I am tired of hearing that we were better.
I am tired of hearing that things will change.
I am tired of blaming the EFL, the Refs, the media.
We brag about noone likening us then cry when the ones who dont like us make decisions against us.
I am tired of seeing players players out of position.
I am tired of being so skint we cant even buy a decent player.

I could go on, it is actually a miracle we are still top six.

But I am tired.

Perhaps the Int break will give us a time to regroup.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:56 pm I love Bielsa as much as anyone, what he did last season was awesome and he is a lovely and humble man.

When he leaves it should be his choice, he has earned that right.

But some things he does drive me mad.

Yesterday the 2 goals we conceded were down to dire defending from two full backs playing cb.

Berardi allowed his man to get goal side and so did Ayling.

Its a trait of MB, cms and fbs at cb but imo if you havent got the worlds most talented players you shouldn't try playing them out of position, they arent talented enough.

Dallas at cm, its taken years to find a position he is good at, why move him?

Dallas is a try hard, give his all sort of guy with a very dodgy end product.

Full back suits him more then winger for that reason.

Cm requires technical skill, Dallas isnt that sort of player.

I just wish MB would stop trying to do with our 2nd division players what he was doing with international stars for Argentina and Bilbao and Marseille.

Just play them where they are best suited.

Dallas stays fb, Ayling, Berardi and Phillips don't play cb.

If we have injuries use the youth players, at the very least they will fully understand their role.
Drives me mad too Cjay

The majority of our managers over the years have annoyingly played players out of their natural positions but Bielsa is obsessed with this trait which more often backfires on us, so frustrating & annoying :chair:

If the current U23's are not good enough why sell Halme & not replace him. I really don't get our logic especially as MB is not working with class internationals :?

Same happened down at Swansea when Ayling & Berardi played as our CB combination, McBurnnie had a field day......Marcelo not learning any lessons, it's called stubbornness :(