Derby Fans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Derby Fans

Post by WhiteRose »

How embarrassing are some of these comments, does anyone else rarely concern themselves with Derby unless we are due to play them? I wouldn't list them as a rival at all. no wonder they are mediocre when the sum of their fans ambitions is to beat leeds in a playoff game - I could accept it had they won the playoffs but they got beat and are now 19th in the table.

"They will also be very motivated to try & 'avenge' May as if a regular League game comes close to a playoff semi. Still, can't legislate for stupid."

"Avenge May"Never, cant be done. Whupping us 25 - 0 for the next 100 years wont avenge May.

In terms of the long running Leeds/ Derrby rivalry it was Game, Set, Match and Goodnight Sweetheart.

Cocu could get us promoted, win the Premier league and five european cups and it STILL wont be better than the best football night of my life."

"Certainly the best 2 hours of my Derby supporting life! Their best team for 15 years, top 2 all year, they'd done the 'hard work' at PP....and we stuffed them out of sight! Their faces at the end 🤣 'Take your scarves, eff off home' booming around Elland Road!! "

"It was something I don’t think I’ll ever experience again. I hope it can be bettered but I doubt it will. "
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Derby Fans

Post by YorkshireSquare »

They know they lost the play-off final don't they?

They seem to talk about it like they won. But they didn't, and as such beating us in the semi means absolutely f**k all!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:36 pm They know they lost the play-off final don't they?

They seem to talk about it like they won. But they didn't, and as such beating us in the semi means absolutely f**k all!
That's the thing - our 'revenge' was simply watching Villa beat them as they failed to get lucky twice. If they'd have won the play-off final and gone up it would have hurt knowing that we were miles better than them for 3 1/2 games out of 4 but because they lost it became meaningless as we may also have lost to Villa in the final.

It was their unexpected cup final and you could tell by their reaction how completely unexpected it was for them. As it was they lost their manager and their loan players left and they had nothing to show for it, same as us. They don't even have an £80m piece of property any more....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ya gotta laugh really. The jealousy thing rears its ugly head again. Derby can only dream of becoming as big a club as Leeds United. Once again another poor old relation who's only joy and happiness is to beat the best team in the league, even though it didn't really do them any good did it. Laughable, as playing Leeds United is every other clubs Cup Final.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds fans don't regard Derby or any other championship club as our rivals
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

They also seem pretty convinced they're going to get tonked at least 3-0 on Saturday. 3 points will do me.

Despite all their antics, and spending a fortune, they really are going backwards as a club. Lampard, spygate, Rooney, and this supposed rivalry with Leeds, are just desperate attempts for attention and relevance.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Leeds will be revved up for this without a shadow of a Brussels sprout !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:48 pm Leeds fans don't regard Derby or any other championship club as our rivals
Sheffield Wednesday have a massive history and surely as Yorkshire's top derby irrespective of which division the teams are in means they are rivals...I always looked forward to the L/SW derbies
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

No Mason Mount, Harry Wilson or Tom Lawrence and hopefully a points reduction will see them relegated this season, they are there for the taking, no doubt they will raise their game as it’s their cup final but we will have far too much for them to cope
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Not worth discussing 👍
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 pm Not worth discussing 👍
Ooooerrrr....Derby fans reading this thread won't like that Mick. They think they are far, far more important than your dismissal of them..... :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Newport white wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:17 pm No Mason Mount, Harry Wilson or Tom Lawrence and hopefully a points reduction will see them relegated this season, they are there for the taking, no doubt they will raise their game as it’s their cup final but we will have far too much for them to cope
It would be funny if they went down with Huddersfield and Stoke.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

If I lived close enough and had the time I would be down their training ground this week with my periscope and my notebook.

Just for fun of course...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am If I lived close enough and had the time I would be down their training ground this week with my periscope and my notebook.

Just for fun of course...
There's a thought, I do live close enough and have the time, so could wander past in my Leeds hoodie.

Would they suspect Bielsa of sending a short sighted, overweight, middle aged woman, though...