2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Sara »

Stoke are a mess. 3 wins in 22 for Nathan Jones, and they've spent north of £70 million this season and last, in addition to the premier league squad they already had. Surely a pointer for those who think the answer is throwing money at it.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:46 pm Stoke are a mess. 3 wins in 22 for Nathan Jones, and they've spent north of £70 million this season and last, in addition to the premier league squad they already had. Surely a pointer for those who think the answer is throwing money at it.
Watching their highlights from Sat, they looked bloody awful. Dunno about the rest of you but watching yesterday's performance really settled my nerves, just in terms of continuity and how comfortable our players looked alongside one another. Stoke may well end up being a bunch of expensive individuals and not a team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:46 pm Stoke are a mess. 3 wins in 22 for Nathan Jones, and they've spent north of £70 million this season and last, in addition to the premier league squad they already had. Surely a pointer for those who think the answer is throwing money at it.
Players only go to Stoke for money, rather than prestige, passion or style of play, hence why they have so many egos in the team who think they're too good for the Championship as they're on PL wages. I can see Fulham going the same way tbh.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SG90 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm Players only go to Stoke for money, rather than prestige, passion or style of play, hence why they have so many egos in the team who think they're too good for the Championship as they're on PL wages. I can see Fulham going the same way tbh.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:44 pm To the player, to the rumour, or to our chances of getting him?

It seems that Gayle's preference would be West Brom, but Stoke have the most money. However, as he's injured already, he'll surely come to us...
Player, I'm not a fan. Don't really want to have to become one
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Gayle has an attitude problem, so can't see him coming here.

Shame Ideguchi never settled here, but a good bit of business to somehow turn a profit there!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

A new name to emerge is that of 20 year old Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, a potential out and our replacement up front for Roofe instead of Ryan Kent. Raised in Lewisham, Nketiah started his career with Chelsea but was released by Chelsea at under 14 level. He then joined the Arsenal Academy and played for the club at youth levels. Nketiah has made a handful of appearances for the first team, making his debut in a Europa League match against BATE Borisov as an 89th-minute. His next appearance came a month later against Norwich City in the League Cup as an 85th-minute substitute. He scored after 15 seconds with his first touch. He scored his first goal in the Premier League on the last day of the season at Burnley on 12 May 2019. There has been much interest in Nketiah this summer with Arsenal receiving 23 loan bids with a number of Championship clubs, including Leeds, said to be in the race for his signature.

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Nketiah is an exciting talent with a lot of first team experience for a striker his age. I'd prefer him to Kent as a straight-up replacement for Roofe, but competition is tight and I'm not sure his attributes fit what Bielsa wants in a no9. We'll see, I suppose, but I really don't see this happening.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bojan released by Stoke. I'd definitely take a punt on a six month deal to see if Bielsa can get the best out of him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently it will either be Nketiah on loan or Kent on a permanent.

Not sure about this, a loan with no option to buy to replace Roofe seems wrong.

Besides that Nketiah is highly rated with next to no first team experience, Colidio is highly rated with 0 first team experience.

Two kids seems a bit risky to me, one yes, both hmmm.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 am A new name to emerge is that of 20 year old Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, a potential out and our replacement up front for Roofe instead of Ryan Kent. Raised in Lewisham, Nketiah started his career with Chelsea but was released by Chelsea at under 14 level. He then joined the Arsenal Academy and played for the club at youth levels. Nketiah has made a handful of appearances for the first team, making his debut in a Europa League match against BATE Borisov as an 89th-minute. His next appearance came a month later against Norwich City in the League Cup as an 85th-minute substitute. He scored after 15 seconds with his first touch. He scored his first goal in the Premier League on the last day of the season at Burnley on 12 May 2019. There has been much interest in Nketiah this summer with Arsenal receiving 23 loan bids with a number of Championship clubs, including Leeds, said to be in the race for his signature.

Now that's more like it.
Someone who could be a straight replacement for Bamford when he needs a rest or is carrying a knock.
I would be happy with this signing.
Get him in AR.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

So, Kent to purchase, Nketiah on loan, a keeper, Nolan and Colidio from inter. That’s 5 possible incomings, first talk was either Kent or Nketiah, now reporters saying both could be possible. We have to get a keeper, where does that leave us with the two inter lads? I think Nolan would be a great signing, I heard about it a few weeks ago when I was up in Clare, so hopefully has legs, we need a defender, sit him in the 23s and he should be a bench player soon enough.
I think we’ll get three Nketiah, a keeper and Nolan, spend money on Kent on top of that and we would of had a good window.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay thinks if Facundo Colidio and Ryan Nolan do arrive from Inter it would be permanently and for the u23s.

I get the logic with Nolan but Colidio would be a big fee, upwards of £5mil probably pushing £10mil given Inter paid £8mil 2 years ago.

We arent Chelsea, we cant be spending big sums for u23 players imo.

If we spend that on a player they have to be for the 1st team straight away imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:02 pm Phil Hay thinks if Facundo Colidio and Ryan Nolan do arrive from Inter it would be permanently and for the u23s.

I get the logic with Nolan but Colidio would be a big fee, upwards of £5mil probably pushing £10mil given Inter paid £8mil 2 years ago.

If we spend that on a player they have to be for the 1st team straight away imo.
Completely agree. Spending that kind of fee for an u23 is ridiculous. Plus he's too good for that level anyway. Not every young talent must be for the u23s. Radz is delusional if he believes he can run us like Chelsea or Man City without the tv deal.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:02 pm Phil Hay thinks if Facundo Colidio and Ryan Nolan do arrive from Inter it would be permanently and for the u23s.

Would have thought it would be something along the lines of full games at U23s and on the bench for the first team. Don't forget Bielsa likes the players to get used to his way of playing so in some ways it might be the equivalent of signing him in January for the first team but that he has a few months to get used to us - plus if Bamford got injured he would step up to the first team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It'd be nice if Tottenham could hurry up and sell Danny Rose so we can get a nice sell on clause. :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Seems Wigan like Pearce too... now with two suitors we would hope we could increase his fee a little bit...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Brentford doing some great business today.

See what giu can do when you have a decent scouting network.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

@PhilHay_
Likely to see a handful of outgoings from Elland Road before today's transfer deadlines - De Bock, Shaughnessy, Anita, Bouy.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Laurens De Bock to Sunderland...

The first departure of the day was left back Laurens De Bock who joined League One side Sunderland on a season-long loan. De Bock joined Leeds in January 2018 as the answer to their problems at left back but after only 7 games lost his place to Tom Pearce. Leeds strengthened the position again in the summer of 2018 with the signing of Barry Douglas. De Bock was now down the pecking order and joined Oostende on loan for the season. This summer with De Bock was still not in Bielsa’s plans, now behind Douglas, Alioski, Dallas and Leif Davis a move to Aris Thessaloniki looked to be on the cards. The move to Greece broke down and De Bock’s future had looked uncertain until the interest from Sunderland. With a lack of depth at left-back, Denver Hume the only natural in that position, De Bock is seen as good solution to provide cover in that area for the Black Cats.