Home Form

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Home Form

Post by Cjay »

Watched the Quest highlights and heard this stat.

1 win in our last 7 home games.

Thats poor.

But why?

This is where MB earns his coin imo, he has to fix that, you want autos you have to be a rock at home.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Home Form

Post by Ratscoot »

Saw that myself Cjay and agree Elland Road needs to be a fortress that teams hate coming to, with those stats it looks like they love it
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

I wonder if we'll ever get a positive thread.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 pm I wonder if we'll ever get a positive thread.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

Have to say I was saying to my mates around me we do look a different side away from home

ER was once a fortress even some of the seasons when we were crap, now it's like a sweet shop :(
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

It has been said and there is probably some truth in the fact that visiting players feed of the atmosphere at EL as it has more of a big game feel than other games.

We generally do get more room to shine away from home and when we do Bielsaball has more effect I reckon. Teams like to come to EL keep their shape and try and keep us at arms length. That can breed anxiety in any team.

Even before that stat mentioned we had home games against Millwall ( win but stress city) Blunts ( :() Bolton ( won by a fluke)
Swansea ( had to cling on for the win) so we had a series of nervous games with only the rout of WBA to break up the series. So playing at EL has been tough at times, hopefully if there is an issue with the psychology of the team it can be sorted.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

we're f**king cursed !
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:28 pm we're f**king cursed !
:lol: :lol: and the EFL have control of the league which proves it
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

its obvious the scarborough witch revie paid to lift the gypsy curse from the old place during the 70s was a complete utter fake.
im telling you we're doomed.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 pm I wonder if we'll ever get a positive thread.
You'd need me or Weasel to start it..and that ain't gonna happen..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

our style of play doesn't help.

slow, steady build ups without any real pacey counter attacking style football

when we're at home teams sit back and its difficult to break them down

when we're away teams are more likely to come out and try and go for the win, meaning its easier for us to create clearer chances than against 11 men behind the ball.

been thinking recently about bielsa and the presentation he did last year after spygate showing all the research he does etc. Not doubting any of it, but is any of it ever really used?! We play the same lineup, with the same tactics and formation week in week out...seemingly without any kind of plan b.

Ah well, Bielsa isn't going to chance and so let's just hope his style can get enough points for the auto places (which I'm doubtful of)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

So what does the stat really tell you? That ER is packed to the gunnels every home game with fans coming to see the team loose?

Stats are like a young girl in a bikini, often revealing, but covering up the essential bits.

And what are the essential bits??? Well the stadium is now regularly filled with 35K fans instead of the bad old days of 17K. That is a positive, and from what I have perceived there is a hope and expectancy amongst the young and old that this team will do well. Now that is a paradigm shift to capture the heart of a city.

By contrast it is most depressing just to read the headlines on NEWSNOW where hack journalists trawl social media outlets and drag up spiteful hateful comments from keyboard warriors and festoon their so called articles with odious twitters, and to peek your curiosity the articles have titles like "unacceptable serious attitude problem some Leeds fans fume at arrogant ace" or "Offering very little these Leeds fans want player to be sacrificed". Nebulous amorphous headlines worthy of Grima Wormtongue speaking poison into the atmosphere.

If we consider LEEDS as a whole we are on firm financial footing, ER belongs to us, the team are playing exciting football, world class manager who has miraculously inspired many positive changes, and the city is behind Leeds... all in all a pretty healthy body save for a few festering pustules that get picked at again and again by some and are pointed out as evidence that the whole body is diseased.

For the love of God give it a rest.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

Well put Rab.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I said after Forest, we have no pace to break teams down and therefore just put loads of crosses in that lead to nothing. Away it's different, as teams have to come out their 18 yard box, so we have more space. We need to sacrifice Forshaw, Harrison, Bamford in home games for Shack, Costa and Nketiah. Not bring them on with ten mins left hoping to get a 1-0. But this is our starting XI for every game, unless we get injuries sadly.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Given how teams are now setting up against us at ER, I think we have to ask whether do we really need all three out of Kilch, KP, and Forshaw playing at home games ?

I would say one of these will have to be foresaken for the need for more attacking intent, in the final third. KP is undroppable for me and Forshaw has played extremely well thus unfortunately Klich may have to be the fall guy, not that he has played badly at all - just the fact we need to be more incisive in attacking areas. Costa starting wide right, allowing Pablo to stay genuinely in the No 10 role may be the way to go in future games at home.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Klich has also been outstanding and delivers a much more lethal final third punch.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interestingly I would say that the only team that came to give us a match and go at us this season at ER were Brentford and yet they were the team to lose. Against both Forest and Swansea the opposition managers can bleat on all they like about coming for a result etc but the fact is they should both have been dead and buried before they got their goal. Against Forest we scored and missed good chances, against Swansea we had enough decent chances to win comfortably. So I don't feel it boils down to the way we play or the team selected.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Gurj wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:58 am Given how teams are now setting up against us at ER, I think we have to ask whether do we really need all three out of Kilch, KP, and Forshaw playing at home games ?

I would say one of these will have to be foresaken for the need for more attacking intent, in the final third. KP is undroppable for me and Forshaw has played extremely well thus unfortunately Klich may have to be the fall guy, not that he has played badly at all - just the fact we need to be more incisive in attacking areas. Costa starting wide right, allowing Pablo to stay genuinely in the No 10 role may be the way to go in future games at home.
Hold on here!!! Reality check!!! who has scored more goals Klich or Forshaw????
hector

Post by hector »

Klich plays the much better pass into the box, and sets up more goals than almost anyone on the team.

He may not be the last pass (assist) but he creates the chances, so out of the 3, he is the least droppable ( is that really a word?)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Forshaw is better defensively so would be better away from home.
Costa should start on the right and Pablo move inside.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa