Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Today's Games

Post by 1964white »

George Puscas opens the scoring for Reading with a superb solo effort :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A brace for Puscas as Reading go into the 2nd half 2-0 up
1964white

Post by 1964white »

3-0 Reading :lol:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Colin will be upset Made my weekend !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Blunts beat Palace 1-0

Chelsea lead Leicester through a 7th minute goal
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ooh the Foxes equalised

The wording on this banner will change in the next few months :lol:

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 18.45.35.png
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jay »

:lol: Frank will be gone before christmas. Good.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolves v Man Ure

Excellent first-time finish from Martial, his 50th Manchester United goal
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Daniel James went down a bit easy earlier on and he has hit the ground again trying to buy a free-kick

James gets a booking for simulation :booked:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A Neves stunner draws the match for Wolves

Pogba misses a pen too :lol:

Screenshot 2019-08-20 at 05.34.41.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I'm getting a bit worried with VAR. They had a look at the Wolves equaliser, and decided eventually that the goal should stand, but Moutinho's arm was "offside" in the build up. It looked very similar to the Sterling disallowed goal at West Ham. VAR is taking the fun out of goal celebrations. The Wolves fans were singularly unimpressed. Somebody will be offside with an untied boot lace soon.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I was all for VAR. That was before I realised they were going to check EVERY goal! I assumed that it would only be checked if the referee asked for it to be checked...like in Rugby League. The whole thing is bonkers in my opinion :x
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I am beginning to really dislike VAR too. Maybe its because its still in its infancy and still needs tweaking but just doesnt seem to suit football like it does other sports such as Rugby League/Cricket etc etc.

Hate the fact that fans cant celebrate a goal for the fear the ball has crazily hit somones arm however accidentally ( as in Jesus's goal that was disallowed on Sat for City ) or if a strikers arm is fractionally ahead of a defenders body.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gurj wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm Hate the fact that fans cant celebrate a goal for the fear the ball has crazily hit somones arm however accidentally ( as in Jesus's goal that was disallowed on Sat for City ) or if a strikers arm is fractionally ahead of a defenders body.
Just think back to the play-offs first leg and Derby fans celebrating getting a penalty, a minute or so later and the referee changes his mind. So it isn't like VAR is the only thing causing a delay and overturning decisions. The key is to get the right decision as often as you can and if VAR helps that then it is a good thing. All the nonsense about the breaks interrupting play seems to think the game is non stop. The game stops every time a player feigns injury, every time a player argues with the ref, every time the ref books a player or sends someone off, every time the ball goes over the bar and into the crowd, etc etc. In most matches the ball isn't even in play for more than 60 minutes out of the 90.

People need to stop judging it as it is now. It is still in its infancy and there are bound to be things that are good and things that are bad with it but in time the powers that be can hopefully improve its efficiency and what works and what doesn't. It is hardly like the cricketing review system was spot on from the start it has taken a lot of changes to get it to a point where it seems to be working really well.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm Just think back to the play-offs first leg and Derby fans celebrating getting a penalty, a minute or so later and the referee changes his mind. So it isn't like VAR is the only thing causing a delay and overturning decisions. The key is to get the right decision as often as you can and if VAR helps that then it is a good thing. All the nonsense about the breaks interrupting play seems to think the game is non stop. The game stops every time a player feigns injury, every time a player argues with the ref, every time the ref books a player or sends someone off, every time the ball goes over the bar and into the crowd, etc etc. In most matches the ball isn't even in play for more than 60 minutes out of the 90.

People need to stop judging it as it is now. It is still in its infancy and there are bound to be things that are good and things that are bad with it but in time the powers that be can hopefully improve its efficiency and what works and what doesn't. It is hardly like the cricketing review system was spot on from the start it has taken a lot of changes to get it to a point where it seems to be working really well.
But surely Weasel the only way the use of technology will get tweaked is if people discuss its use?

Personally I don't think football is ready for VAR yet.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Gurj wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm I am beginning to really dislike VAR too. Maybe its because its still in its infancy and still needs tweaking but just doesnt seem to suit football like it does other sports such as Rugby League/Cricket etc etc.

Hate the fact that fans cant celebrate a goal for the fear the ball has crazily hit somones arm however accidentally ( as in Jesus's goal that was disallowed on Sat for City ) or if a strikers arm is fractionally ahead of a defenders body.
What frustrates me is that there is so many unpunished infringements going on in a game, shirt pulling for example, which is a blant premeditated foul. Every time 100% Then we have the silly new handball law which only makes VAR look even more silly.

And yes, the goal celebrations being put on hold do take a lot of the excitement out of the game
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Championship matches tonight

Birmingham v Barnsley
Derby County v Bristol City
Hull v Blackburn
Middlesbrough v Wigan
Sheffield Wednesday v Luton

Full League 1 & 2 programme too apart from the matches involving Bury & Bolton
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:57 pm What frustrates me is that there is so many unpunished infringements going on in a game, shirt pulling for example, which is a blant premeditated foul. Every time 100% Then we have the silly new handball law which only makes VAR look even more silly.

And yes, the goal celebrations being put on hold do take a lot of the excitement out of the game

They do need to sort stuff out like diving and scrap the bit where it comes down to whether a referee was deceived. Take the Bamford dive where he got a 2 match ban because the ref was deceived and compare it to the Mitrovic incident where he doesn't get a ban because the referee wasn't fooled. So Bamford has effectively been banned because the referee was incompetent. They should just have a blanket ban for all incidents of that ilk and give all the players found guilty 3 match bans no matter what the outcome was on the pitch.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hull's top scorer from last season Jarrod Bowen misses a penalty