f/o Crime show fans - Baptiste - opinions sought

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

f/o Crime show fans - Baptiste - opinions sought

Post by HarryofOz »

Baptiste was shown on telly here recently, missed it, but it's sure to be repeated.

What are your thoughts on it?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: f/o Crime show fans - Baptiste - opinions sought

Post by The Subhuman »

Very good series, as was the original The Missing. You can watch Baptisite I think without watching the Missing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

It's Ok, perhaps a bit convoluted, but a decent watch nevertheless. Based around the eponymous retired French detective, who is renowned for locating missing persons. A spin off from Missing (I think it was called) and set in Amsterdam.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Thanks. It's been advertised as 'from the makers of 'Missing', but not as a spin-off. I'll keep a look out for that too.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:51 am Thanks. It's been advertised as 'from the makers of 'Missing', but not as a spin-off. I'll keep a look out for that too.
There are two series of Missing which introduce the Baptiste character, but you can watch Baptiste without watching Missing, as Faaip says. The first series of Missing is set in France, and almost spoiled by the excruciating James Nesbitt (Doesn't help that he is a Scummer) and the second series is set in Germany (without Nesbitt, thank goodness).
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:51 am Thanks. It's been advertised as 'from the makers of 'Missing', but not as a spin-off. I'll keep a look out for that too.
Baptiste, wife and daughter are the same actors and characters from the Missing. Works like a normal TV detective show that way with self contained plots throughout

If you ever get Shetland over there that's extremely good too..Probably the best "cop" show outside of "Endeavor"
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Thanks again gents. Shetland sounds familiar, not seen it though.

Endeavour is excellent,
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Morse - Lewis and Endeavor have dominated police shows over here for me since the eighties ..What a franchise

Shetland is well worth seeking out, Alison O'Donell as DS "Tosh" MacIntosh is a great character and it's Douglas Henshall's best role by a distance

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Agree with everyones comments re Missing and Baptiste. Worth watching both.

Love all detective shows. I watch all the old Columbo's, Morse, Frost, Foyles War, Midsommer and the newest cop dramas Endeavour and Vera and Shetland

Talking of Douglas Henshall, did anyone see the brilliant drama 'Collision' ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Didn't see it but heard it was a smash.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lol
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:30 pm Didn't see it but heard it was a smash.
Smart a**e :roll:

It was a brilliant drama, very well written, scripted and acted. One of those dramas that have you all over the place trying to work out what and why....I'd recommend watching if you get the chance.
hector

Post by hector »

Can't believe this but......

I agree with Ducky, collision was bloody good, and such a twist at the end too...... (the butler DIDN'T do it)

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:22 pm Can't believe this but......

I agree with Ducky, collision was bloody good, and such a twist at the end too...... (the butler DIDN'T do it)

:)
:shock: hector agrees with me.....? :) :)

Yes the twist at the end.....I actually got it, but only just before Douglas Henshall's character got it :-D
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm Agree with everyones comments re Missing and Baptiste. Worth watching both.

Love all detective shows. I watch all the old Columbo's, Morse, Frost, Foyles War, Midsommer and the newest cop dramas Endeavour and Vera and Shetland

Thanks Swannie, i'm also a big crime show fan.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Swannie I want to thank you for recommending Vera. I've been going through the series voraciously. It is now one of my favourites, if not the favourite. I must start reading the books as well.