The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 16th August) - Nketiah's penalty clause, Rads fury with Bielsa and yesterdays presser

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 16th August) - Nketiah's penalty clause, Rads fury with Bielsa and yesterdays presser

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 16th August, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Nketiah's penalty clause

Nketiah's loan deal contains a penalty clause meaning Leeds will have to pay Arsenal more money if they do not use him on a regular basis.

Unsurprisingly after seeing how sparingly Leeds used their loanees last season, and falling out with Chelsea in the process, Arsenal Manager Unai Emery is keen for his 19yo starlet to have as much game time as possible and added the penalty clause following being impressed with Victor Orta's hour long presentation at Arsenal's training base outlining why a move to Elland Road was the best solution for the young striker.

Phillips close to agreeing new deal

Kalvin Phillips is close to agreeing a long term deal at Elland Road, that will see him become one of the highest paid players at the club. The enforcer's current deal comes to an end at the end of the 2020-21 season that could see the 23yo walk away from the club for nothing. Its widely known that Phillips is a true Leeds fan and has made it clear that he is not greedy; he just wants what is fair. Having seen that Casilla is being paid £40,000 a week has apparently upset many players in the dressing room who are on between £8,000 - £12,000 a week.

Radrizzani's fury with Bielsa

Speaking in the Amazon Prime Video documentary ‘Take Us Home’ Radrizzani has revealed for the first time his unhappiness about Spygate and in particular Bielsa's 70 minute power point presentation to the World!

Radrizzani said: “We should not be in this position. “We could easily not be in this position because the press conference of Marcelo was unnecessary. “So, he could have done this to explain to the EFL representatives or the FA representative. But I think it was pointless to do it publicly in my opinion. “Unnecessary. I mean he could have explained the same content to the federation and league – why to the public?”

Leeds CEO Angus Kinnear said the club did not accept the size of the EFL sanction, saying: “On the basis that we didn’t break any specific rule, I think the fine was severe.“When you look at when other clubs have been fined either for financial irregularity or how their fans have behaved or how their players have behaved, it was harsh.”

Bielsa's pre match press conference

At yesterday's presser Bielsa admitted (tongue in cheek) that he will select the same team that drew against Nottingham Forest last weekend. Here are the bits you need to know about:-

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 16th August)Nketiah's penalty clause, Rads fury with Bielsa and yesterdays presser

Post by 1964white »

Marcelo is his own man, he will implement & carry out duties he feels are right

Restrain him & he'll walk
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 16th August)Nketiah's penalty clause, Rads fury with Bielsa and yesterdays presser

Post by lufc1304 »

I wonder what Marcelo thinks about that Nketiah clause? Can't imagine he'll like the idea of having his hand forced.

KP needs to stay, an integral part of the team.

Radz was taking a chance, having a pop at MB, he could easily have said "f**k you" and walked. The press conference might have been a bit mad, true, but then Bielsa isn't called El Loco for nothing! Stick to the business end, Radz, and leave the football to Marcelo!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Good morning folks,

No surprise about the penalty clause, there was talk about a similar arrangement about Harrison last season too. Let's hope Ed has a better season than Harrison did!

Good that Leeds have finally agreed with KP. That should help his game.
Last season I had thought that Kikos wage would cause upset in the Leeds dressing room ( despite some strong denials on here) but we have to pay our stars more than others. Of course some of us will need a lot of convincing Kiko will ever be value for money....

Radz wasnt the only one incredulous at the Bielsa media presentation.
I have had this horrible thought since I first learned of the Documrntary. ..... I wonder if Amazon were somehow involved in revealing that MB was sending his spys around.... Controversy makes great TV doesnt it... :duno:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

LEEDS UNITED GIRLS’ REGIONAL TALENT CLUB ‘PLAYER PARTNER’ SPONSORSHIP 2019/20
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

Hi my daughter Kenzie Caddick has been signed for Leeds United girls Academy. She is looking for a sponsor this season, you will receive two complimentary tickets to a first team game of your choice. Whilst supporting woman’s football. Thanks for your consideration.

LEEDS UNITED GIRLS’ REGIONAL TALENT CLUB ‘PLAYER PARTNER’ SPONSORSHIP 2018/19
The Leeds United Foundation is offering individuals, family members and businesses the opportunity to support and pride in the Leeds United Girls Academy via our ‘Player Partner’ programme.

As part of your commitment to one of the country’s finest Girls Development Programme.

For just £1.92 per week (£100 per year), you or your business can become a Player Partner.

• A personalised blog telling the unique tale of your players’ football journey so far; alongside those of RTC teammates.

• The impact YOUR support has had on YOUR player and their personal development.

• All Player Partners will be invited to a Leeds United first team match via two complimentary ‘thank you’ tickets.

• Invitation to one of the RTC training session.

If you would like to secure your place on the RTC ‘Player Partner’ programme and for more information, please click on the link below or contact Gary on 0113 367 6598 / gary.waddington@leedsunited.com or sign up at
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Are there any actual facts surrounding the supposed Eddie clause? Or is it just another rumour like the fee we are meant to be paying and the wages we are meant to be paying? People just seem to invent stories and then they are accepted as truth without any verification of facts.
If there is a clause related to how much Eddie has to play then just saying there is a clause is irrelevant unless the details of the clause are known such as what percentage of minutes does he need to play etc. A huge difference if he is expected to maybe say play 75% of all matches or whether he has to make at least 1,000 minutes of action (i.e. 20 minutes per match). For all we know the supposed loan fee we are paying is not an actual set amount but would incorporate set fees dependant on how much he plays for example if he played 30 full matches we might not have to pay any fee for his services or wages and then that would be scaled accordingly so if he only played a handful of matches we had to pay a £3m set fee and 100% of the wages.

My examples show that without actual facts it is irrelevant to speculate as we just don't know how much the deal is worth.

I also think the supposed discontent in relation to Kiko's wages is just b*llshit trouble stirring invented by people to try to create upset amongst Leeds fans - especially those with an agenda against Kiko. The players were all happy to sign their contracts when they came to the club and it is stupid to think that a player for example signing from Chesterfield, or Bristol would expect to be on the same wages as a player signing from Real Madrid. Most of our players would have had a huge increase on their previous wages when signing for us whereas Kiko would have simply maintained the same level. It is up to players to play so well that when they are in a position to negotiate their next contract they are worthy of a big increase, like Kalvin has done. I am sure players aren't knocking on the chairman's door and demanding a reduction in their wages if they play cr*p.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 am KP needs to stay, an integral part of the team.
:tup: :tup:

Everyone knows my thoughts on KP :-D

Most improved player since Marcelo arrived at ER
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 16th August) - Nketiah's penalty clause, Rads fury with Bielsa and yesterdays presse

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Weasel, the source was Phil Hay, so have to say its pretty reliable!!!
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 16th August) - Nketiah's penalty clause, Rads fury with Bielsa and yesterdays presse

Post by rab_rant »

Remember how fearful everyone was when Marcello called the press conference... we all thought he was going to resign . Instead he made a presentation that had everyone's jaw dropping, except FAT FRANK who said he could do it better with only an aubergine.

The press conference showed that Bielsa is a man of integrity, a rarity in the football world. And when the fine came through he paid it out of his own pocket.

These actions have endeared him to the fans and as a PR exercise Radrizzani could learn a lot from Marcello.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:04 am Remember how fearful everyone was when Marcello called the press conference... we all thought he was going to resign . Instead he made a presentation that had everyone's jaw dropping, except FAT FRANK who said he could do it better with only an aubergine.

The press conference showed that Bielsa is a man of integrity, a rarity in the football world. And when the fine came through he paid it out of his own pocket.

These actions have endeared him to the fans and as a PR exercise Radrizzani could learn a lot from Marcello.

This :tup: :tup: :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 am

I also think the supposed discontent in relation to Kiko's wages is just b*llshit trouble stirring invented by people to try to create upset amongst Leeds fans - especially those with an agenda against Kiko. The players were all happy to sign their contracts when they came to the club and it is stupid to think that a player for example signing from Chesterfield, or Bristol would expect to be on the same wages as a player signing from Real Madrid. Most of our players would have had a huge increase on their previous wages when signing for us whereas Kiko would have simply maintained the same level. It is up to players to play so well that when they are in a position to negotiate their next contract they are worthy of a big increase, like Kalvin has done. I am sure players aren't knocking on the chairman's door and demanding a reduction in their wages if they play cr*p.
Saying that players aren't affected by what others are earning may sound great on paper but it ignores human nature.
Also when a player signs for a club it is of interest to them what the pay structures are as they will hope that they can in time make more. This becomes even more an issue when it comes time to renew contracts, and the club says it cant afford to pay them more. Especially when the players have their agents speaking in their ear.

Plus the fact that no matter what people may say on here I wonder how many of the Leeds team actually rate Kikos contribution on the pitch as being worth it.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Bielsa - the best thing in football since....Leeds
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:59 am Bielsa - the best thing in football since....Leeds
Like alot :tup: :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:04 am Remember how fearful everyone was when Marcello called the press conference... we all thought he was going to resign . Instead he made a presentation that had everyone's jaw dropping, except FAT FRANK who said he could do it better with only an aubergine.

Well said that man!!!!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:01 am Morning Weasel, the source was Phil Hay, so have to say its pretty reliable!!!
Like I say though unless there are any actual facts to what the clauses/penalties/fees actually are it is meaningless to say it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I bet he speaks fluent English too ..There ain't arf been some clever bastards ...lucky bleeders, lucky bleeders
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

In American Football we get all the info....lets get full disclosure here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 am Plus the fact that no matter what people may say on here I wonder how many of the Leeds team actually rate Kikos contribution on the pitch as being worth it.
As I say fans with an agenda against Kiko. Those that ignore the 5 or 6 good/great saves he made on Tuesday but only chirp up when he didn't get to a cross. if I was a Leeds defender I would have been buying Kiko a drink afterwards because without his saves it could have been a very tough match.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Bielsa's press conference was one of the highlights of the year, and absolutely sealed his legendary status, as far as I'm concerned. Apart from demonstrating his methods and his integrity, it was also bloody hilarious.