The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 10th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 10th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Cultural Leonesa have made an official approach to Leeds for Under-23s coach Carlos Corberan!

Leonesa are owned by the Qatar’s Aspire Academy. If you remember, Leeds formed a partnership with them last year, and even sent Bouy and Ideguchi on loan there. Unfortunately, both could not muster much more than a few substitute appearance between them!

It would be worth mentioning that Ideguchi was a first team regular last season with SpVgg Greuther Fürth until his cruciate ligament injury ruled him out of the majority of the season. I would not have thought there would be a great deal of difference between the second tier of the Bundesliga and La Liga 2.

At the end of the season Culture Club were relegated to the third tier of Spanish football!

Now, they want Corbaran!

To make things even more complicated, Ivan Bravo, the owner of the Aspire Academy, and the man who has singled out Corberan, is on the Leeds Utd board!!!

Not only has Corbaran been influential in turning around the fortunes of the youngsters at LS11 but has also been a big part of Bielsa's back room staff!

The EFL have passed a new rule preventing a repeat of Spygate:

"No club shall directly or indirectly observe (or attempt to observe) another club’s training session in the period of 72 hours prior to any match scheduled to be played between those respective clubs."

Leeds are being heavily linked with Wolves winger Helder Costa. The 25yo was instrumental in getting Wanderers promoted in the 17/18 season and linked up really well with Barry Douglas!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 10th June)

Post by Ratscoot »

Can’t see Bielsa letting him go, he’s integral in helping him with the first team and bringing through the under 23s

EFL what a joke

I feel a great addition to our squad and as you say he had a good relationship with Douglas so hopefully bring the best out of him as well get it done Radz
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cultural Leonesa have made an official approach to Leeds for Under-23s coach Carlos Corberan!

Maybe not a bad thing, let him manage a full side and if he does well then hopefully he will want to come back if/when Bielsa leaves.

"No club shall directly or indirectly observe (or attempt to observe) another club’s training session in the period of 72 hours prior to any match scheduled to be played between those respective clubs."

Absolutely farcical. If clubs don't want to be 'observed' when training then get proper security for their training pitches. Most of the training facilities in the EFL seem to be on pitches where people can walk their dogs near or overlooked by golf courses etc - what are the EFL going to do check everyone walking a dog or playing golf and check they have no links to other clubs? There is a reason why clubs like Man Utd and Man City moved to secure locations like Carrington where it is completely fenced off and there are security staff and barriers to stop anyone getting anywhere near the pitch. They didn't move there because Eric Cantona was fed up stepping in dog dirt or Derek the local pervert kept flashing his bits at Ryan Giggs - they moved because they knew that opposition sides would observe them if they had the chance to see who was injured, if they were trying out new tactics etc

Leeds are being heavily linked with Wolves winger Helder Costa. The 25yo was instrumental in getting Wanderers promoted in the 17/18 season and linked up really well with Barry Douglas!

Until someone signs no point really discussing them - we were linked with so many players last season yet at most the 'in the know' journalists would only find out the day of the signing a few hours before (probably when they spotted them turning up for a medical).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think Corberan is our future. MB is here one more season imo promotion or not. His acolytes often go on to massive success and Corberan had great potential even before Bielsa arrived. He's also our parachute should MB walk at any point. While Carlos is here we have a natural successor.

Once he's gone the odds of him returning would be small...perhaps we can loan our assistant manager out for a year.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd make sure I'd be spying on Derby as close to the limit as possible...and making it known
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Good Morning Everyone

At the end of the season Culture Club were relegated to the third tier of Spanish football!

Now, they want Corbaran!

Morning Everyone, back from me hols :tdown:

Once Carlos heard they play in Red, Gold and Green we were doomed.

Ok everyone who was around in the 80s..

After me.

:notes: He comes and goes............. he comes and goes ( long oh ) :notes: Who can sing the next line?

Not only has Corbaran been influential in turning around the fortunes of the youngsters at LS11 but has also been a big part of Bielsa's back room staff!

On a serious note I had him earmarked as a future first team manager with us!

Just goes to prove the EFL owe Leeds 200k...

We wont get Costa I expect.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
ash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ash »

I hope Corberan stays. He is a young developing coach bringing through young and developing players. I would rather see him progress through the ranks at TA, when the time is right, than heading off elsewhere.

EFL are a joke. We should park a cherry picker outside all season apart from the 72 hours. More to the point, what is being done about Fat Frank Lampard hanging about the England squad impersonating an International player all those years.

I cant get too excited about signings until a deal has been done.
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Good morning!

Is this a hint of our future as a feeder club under QSI, when what's best for Leeds is no longer the priority of their 'business model'?

The EFL rule change is an admission that there was no rule in place under which we could be charged. It's a nonsense. We should make a point of observing all teams at all times apart from the designated 72 hours. As that is now officially within the rules, it cannot be deemed to be not in the spirit of the game. I can see fans having some fun with this too.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Spygate. Irrespective of the 72 hr deadline, Leeds were charged with regulation 3.4, which requires clubs to act in the “utmost good faith” as their actions were said to be culturally unacceptable. Are the EFL saying spying is fine as long as its more than 3 days?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Is exactly what they're saying
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Keep Corboran here. Do what it takes. He should be groomed to succeed MB.