Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by Chilli D »

pembswhite wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:40 pm One penalty save doesn’t make a season. He has been no better than mediocre in most of the games I’ve seen since. In most of the recent games the opposing teams seem to have a hell of a good return on their efforts on target to goals ratio. This is the one position that we have to sort out ASAP !
:tup:
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Quote from BPF

“If I stay at Leeds I’ll be staying at Leeds to play. The two scenarios would probably be I’m staying at Leeds and I’m playing or I’ll have to be elsewhere I think.”

Admire the lads confidence and ambition (although not sure at his age he should be threatening the club like that) but he can not be our number 1 next season imo, he isnt good enough yet so either sign a deal and loan him out or sell him, either way he cant be in our first 11 if we hope to be promoted.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm Quote from BPF

“If I stay at Leeds I’ll be staying at Leeds to play. The two scenarios would probably be I’m staying at Leeds and I’m playing or I’ll have to be elsewhere I think.”

Admire the lads confidence and ambition (although not sure at his age he should be threatening the club like that) but he can not be our number 1 next season imo, he isnt good enough yet so either sign a deal and loan him out or sell him, either way he cant be in our first 11 if we hope to be promoted.
Bye bye Bailey then. We could probably get £4m for him as an international. Not convinced he's better than either Miazek or Huffer tbh.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm Quote from BPF

Where did you find the 'quote' Cjay
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:04 pm Where did you find the 'quote' Cjay
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:03 pm Bye bye Bailey then. We could probably get £4m for him as an international. Not convinced he's better than either Miazek or Huffer tbh.
Impressed with Miazek on the couple of occasions I've seen him. Peacock-Farrell is still learning his trade & needs more experience, I did think BPF may go out on loan if he remained at Leeds next season
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:04 pm Where did you find the 'quote' Cjay
On twitter Swannie
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

He played half a season, the half we did better in, he’d be snapped up on loan by a decent championship side, no way they’d let him go you would hope
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:20 pm
Thanks Cjay
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Still think he's going to develop into a truly fine GK. He has all the necessary attributes.

If he isn't going to be our #1, then we should loan him out. Nobody develops riding the bench.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 pm On twitter Swannie
Cheers 64
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:40 pm Still think he's going to develop into a truly fine GK. He has all the necessary attributes.

If he isn't going to be our #1, then we should loan him out. Nobody develops riding the bench.
Me too John....I don't want to lose him.....memories of Lukic, Seamon, Carson, etc etc, brilliant goalies we let go. I think one day he will be a top top, class keeper.
Oh.....and yes, we were top when he was displaced :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BPF also took a shot at Radz/Orta saying that the club told him 2 weeks ago they would offer him a new deal and still havent and also they said the same becore last season started.

Think BPF is being very unprofessional tbh and expect he will go and he probably should, he is a junior member of the squad and shouldnt be doing this in public.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 am BPF also took a shot at Radz/Orta saying that the club told him 2 weeks ago they would offer him a new deal and still havent and also they said the same becore last season started.

Think BPF is being very unprofessional tbh and expect he will go and he probably should, he is a junior member of the squad and shouldnt be doing this in public.
Hang on....so you're now saying BPF is saying that Radz/Orta have lied to him?
A 'junior member of the squad' who as goalie had us at the top of the Championship until Calmaity Kiko came in....why should he go?
Oh boy.........and he is being unprofessional?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:08 am Hang on....so you're now saying BPF is saying that Radz/Orta have lied to him?
A 'junior member of the squad' who as goalie had us at the top of the Championship until Calmaity Kiko came in....why should he go?
Oh boy.........and he is being unprofessional?
Just repeating whats in Phil's article so yes i suppose he is implying they have.

Do you not think its unprofessional for a 22 year old who hardly shone as number 1 to be airing this in public?

We were worse all round after Xmas so dont think BPF being number 1 when as a team we were performing much better is an excuse. Felt sorry for BPF as he clearly was thrown in at the deep end but even so.

Personally i dont want our players making demands in public and implying they were lied to.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BPF isn't a good shot stopper, he isn't a good reader of the play either. He came into the side after WIedweld had made a couple of mistakes and had lost his confidence. BPF looked better by contrast not because he is actually a very good keeper. He doesn't fit what Bielsa wants and doubtful ever would - look at Joe Hart at City was England keeper but couldn't play the way Pep wanted him to.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

And to judge BPF against Kiko because we were top is a ridiculous argument. We were top under TC when Felix Wiedweld was in net. We were also top when Douglas got injured, when Saiz left etc.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 am And to judge BPF against Kiko because we were top is a ridiculous argument. We were top under TC when Felix Wiedweld was in net. We were also top when Douglas got injured, when Saiz left etc.
When Roofe was the striker
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

He's not good enough yet. if he wants to leave than he's a fool . he'll never go to a better or bigger club than leeds . no better place to learn his trade at the moment.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

His positioning isnt good enough and he seems to have a real problem from range, learn your trade Bailey before you make demands.

Signed

King Cjay