QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:45 pm There is nothing new under the sun...
Ecclesiastes 1:9
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:01 pm
Cant help but feel if nothing comes of this then we will regret it.
I'm not regretting it already.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:05 pm Apart from the initial rent free term and the decreased rent after that? It's a big financial saving for the club.

I think I agree, in the Premiership and trying to compete in the top half I don't think he has the resources. But I don't think any investor with serious money is going to be throwing that around on a gamble in the Championship.
He has paid £20mil for it hasnt he?

The rent was £1.8mil a year according to what i read, Radz is only obliged to not charge rent until 2020 (according to the 2018 accounts). Crucially the club are still tenants, not paying rent but still tenants. “The company (Leeds United) entered into a lease agreement for the stadium until June 2032 with an entity which has control over the stadium. There was an initial rent-free period of 33 months.”

That isnt quite the pr spin we were given is it?

Its not that big a saving is it, certainly not anywhere close to the purchase price, so if he had £20mil to invest why save the club a few million rather then invest it into the club itself?

The last bit is my main point, it isnt so much about this season imo, its about the seasons after, we at this moment have probably never looked more attractive to prospective owners, is it worth risking another season or should Radz strike while the irons hot?

If we go up then happy days for him, but what if we dont, what if we drop down the table, Bielsa leaves, the club loses key players, all that, this may be a one chance opportunity, can we really risk that? Genuine question, looking at the bigger picture.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

For every what if, there's an equal and opposite what if.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:14 pm Ecclesiastes 1:9
Bad loss ...who were they playing?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 pm I couldnt give a s**t what they have done to Ligue 1 tbh mate :oops:

The last sentence depresses me, 7th , is that what would be successful? to be the 7th best? what happened to aiming to be THE best?

Incidentally, Chinese multi multi billionaire funded Wolves with Mendes on tap are 7th, how do we shift them? And even if we do there are two more billionaire owned clubs, Leicester and Everton, money talks now in football, as a child of the O'Leary team (like you) despite my keenness for cash i would prefer it to not be that way, but it is.
Well get used to it, as I said the Champions League will be a closed shop and no one else will be able to make it. I could live with Europa League at best.

I really do think the bubble will burst at some point. Clubs are in the PL are reliant on TV money and are losing money. The clouds are circling on Man City etc. The need to be bankrolled will soon die out.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 pm Bad loss ...who were they playing?
:lol: Romans
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:27 pm:lol: Romans
Corinthians 8-)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:46 pm Corinthians 8-)
Yes, of course! :clap:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well they had St Peter playing for them so not that unexpected...that's what letters were about ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Newcastle reported to be in talks with the Cousin of the Manchester City owner over a £350mil takeover.

Dubai-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan has an individual net worth of about £18billion.

He is the head of the Abu Dhabi Royal Family.

Wonder if their chance for a successful future will last longer then 24 hours.
Signed

King Cjay

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:54 am Well they had St Peter playing for them so not that unexpected...that's what letters were about ....
At least Solomon got a consolation in extra time.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am Dubai-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan has an individual net worth of about £18billion.
It totally disgusts me that we are talking about football in terms of people like this. The world has gone mad.

Come the revolution...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am Newcastle reported to be in talks with the Cousin of the Manchester City owner over a £350mil takeover.

Dubai-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan has an individual net worth of about £18billion.

He is the head of the Abu Dhabi Royal Family.

Wonder if their chance for a successful future will last longer then 24 hours.
RIP English football. :cry: It will just be a battle of who has the richest Sheikhs.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 am It totally disgusts me that we are talking about football in terms of people like this. The world has gone mad.

Come the revolution...
Has it ever been any different though?

Certainly not that i remember, maybe before Sky and what not.

But Manure had more money then anyone, then Jack Waller invested fortunes for Blackburn (they only got there because of a lot of cash at that time).

Then Roman arrived, then the City lot.

I dont remember a time in football when cash wasnt king.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:06 am RIP English football. :cry: It will just be a battle of who has the richest Sheikhs.
If you cant beat them join them, that was my view.

2025 Newcastle United secure their 3rd straight Title and sign England star Jack Clarke for £350mil . . . . .

Leeds celebrate a 22nd year in the EFL Championship.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:15 am Has it ever been any different though?

Certainly not that i remember, maybe before Sky and what not.

But Manure had more money then anyone, then Jack Waller invested fortunes for Blackburn (they only got there because of a lot of cash at that time).

Then Roman arrived, then the City lot.

I dont remember a time in football when cash wasnt king.
At least Jack Walker was a local man who loved the club. These Sheikhs, Russian oligarchs, American billionaires are stripping the heart and soul out of English football.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 am At least Jack Walker was a local man who loved the club. These Sheikhs, Russian oligarchs, American billionaires are stripping the heart and soul out of English football.
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the super wealthy are ruining life on Earth.

The root of all evil. (I'm sure Ian will provide chapter and verse.)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 am At least Jack Walker was a local man who loved the club. These Sheikhs, Russian oligarchs, American billionaires are stripping the heart and soul out of English football.
True, but its still money.

Would it be better if we were took over by some oil rich Arab who is a Leeds fan?

We have fans all over the World so one may exist after all.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:34 am True, but its still money.

Would it be better if we were took over by some oil rich Arab who is a Leeds fan?

We have fans all over the World so one may exist after all.
If they were an actual Leeds fan, then it would be different yes. I don't want to support a faceless rich man's plaything, I want to support a football club with heart and soul.

I've said it before, but we don't need a billionaire owner throwing money around like confetti. Our turnover shows we are self reliant, we just need an owner who isn't a loon or using us for their owner agenda.