QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:44 pm I prefer the high moral ground of problem gambling.
Ideally I'd have neither. Gambling sponsorship really should be outlawed in sports now.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:17 pm Why is everyone ignoring that ffp means the owner can only put in £25m a year, which is why Radz is stumped. Not because he's skint. Some of our fans actually think these Qataris are going to spend £100 ms if they buy us, not happening at all. This isn't FIFA.

There are ways round FFP if you have cash to burn. Man City and PSG prove this with sponsorship deals, Derby got round it with a property deal.

The main issue is that you don't sink cash into a Championship club as it's a massive risk.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:18 pm Club is being run better than it has been for 17 years. Decent owner, good team around him.

You don't need billions to get out of the Championship, you need sensible investment over a period of time. We are on the right track.
Radz doesnt invest, the accounts show that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:18 pm Club is being run better than it has been for 17 years. Decent owner, good team around him.

You don't need billions to get out of the Championship, you need sensible investment over a period of time. We are on the right track.
Hear, hear.
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Doire_Boi wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:35 am Did we not make a loss os 20mil last season? Some in here would rather see us die than take investment which we probably deserve more than most. Take what you can get
Die?? Really?? We didn't die with a 120MILLION debt round our necks did we. 20 mill in football is real small fry these days.
Yup, it's me.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:19 pm There are ways round FFP if you have cash to burn. Man City and PSG prove this with sponsorship deals, Derby got round it with a property deal.

The main issue is that you don't sink cash into a Championship club as it's a massive risk.
Looking at the accounts of various Championship clubs, it really makes no sense to try and gamble. It's got financial implosion written all over it.
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am Radz will probably not sell anyway because he is stubborn and a little bit delusional.

If the Qatari people did takeover then they would ensure success, they just would, no way they would allow themselves to be owners of an unsuccessful club. It wouldn't happen over night but it would happen.

As for the bad side of them, human rights and stuff thats bad but Russia, China, Egypt and the USA were highlighted for human rights breaches by Amnesty International in their last report.

So thats Liverpool, Villa, Wolves etc.

The Man City owners to.

Its terrible what goes on but it happens all over the world.

Radz took us to a country in the midst of a Genocide where at least 10k people have been murdered, it was funded by a guy whose very wealth is down to very close links to the very people behind that genocide, he did that to benifit himself, not Leeds FC.

So i dont see how we can say "oh no no bad Qatar investors dont want those".

But then be like yeah ok Radz is good when some of his money is earned on the backs of the murders of thousands of innocent people.

I fully expect this to come to nothing and we will remain skint but as far as LUFC are concerned i just want us to be successful again and if the owners invest in the club and make that happen then I'm all for them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Aye, Even Hitler gave the world the VW and motorways eh? Every cloud eh??? :roll:
Yup, it's me.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

When we're finally stable, it seems some fans just want more crap. :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:17 pm Why is everyone ignoring that ffp means the owner can only put in £25m a year, which is why Radz is stumped. Not because he's skint. Some of our fans actually think these Qataris are going to spend £100 ms if they buy us, not happening at all. This isn't FIFA.
Not even about them bankrolling us out of this league for me, they cant just chuck money at it, well they could, Villa have, Wolves did, Brighton etc, tons do, but its risky.

Its more about the future, whatever criticisms people can throw at the Qatari owners at PSG, they have totally transformed that club. Between them winning their first title under the new owners and there last, almost 20 years.T hey were a mid table side going nowhere valued at about £90million pounds, they are now a global brand worth £1billion.

Maybe Radz can get us out of this league, i doubt it but maybe he can, then what?

You cant cheap your way in the Prem if you ever hope to be anymore then one of the pack, said that i didnt want promotion because i dodnt want us to be one of the pack, i see PSG owners or that sort of owner as our ticket to not be that, and thats what im thinking, isnt about the Championship for me, its about the future.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

TwatsBack wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:29 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: Aye, Even Hitler gave the world the VW and motorways eh? Every cloud eh??? :roll:
:roll:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:31 pm Not even about them bankrolling us out of this league for me, they cant just chuck money at it, well they could, Villa have, Wolves did, Brighton etc, tons do, but its risky.

Its more about the future, whatever criticisms people can throw at the Qatari owners at PSG, they have totally transformed that club. Between them winning their first title under the new owners and there last, almost 20 years.T hey were a mid table side going nowhere valued at about £90million pounds, they are now a global brand worth £1billion.

Maybe Radz can get us out of this league, i doubt it but maybe he can, then what?

You cant cheap your way in the Prem if you ever hope to be anymore then one of the pack, said that i didnt want promotion because i dodnt want us to be one of the pack, i see PSG owners or that sort of owner as our ticket to not be that, and thats what im thinking, isnt about the Championship for me, its about the future.
And they've completely ruined Ligue 1 for it. Bar one year of Monaco, who subsequently lost their best player to PSG. They're flat track bullies. Yes they dominate Ligue 1 every year, as they have far more money than everyone else, yet they've done nothing in the Champions League. They've spent €1bn just dominate Ligue 1, that's hardly successful.

Man City won't happen again in English football. The Champions League will be a closed shop as they want a European Super League and LUFC certainly won't be on the minds of any of these clubs when they put it together.

Our best hope is promotion, 7th and maybe scrape a LC or FA Cup. We can achieve that without selling our souls.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 pm Radz doesnt invest, the accounts show that.

£45 million to but the club, £20 million on Elland Road and those are just the headline figures. He has personally invested, more so than any of our previous owners. We've also had the 49ers investment which whilst is not investment from Radz personally it had diminished the value of his own shares in the club.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Everton - thought a billionaire owner was all they needed to get to the Champions League - failed
West Ham - ditto - failed
Southampton - as above -failed
Forest - spend fortunes every year - failed

But yeah we're guaranteed Champions League football every year apparently :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

TwatsBack wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:29 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: Aye, Even Hitler gave the world the VW and motorways eh? Every cloud eh??? :roll:
Bread and circuses.

There is nothing new under the sun...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I don't want Elland Road renamed "Air Qatar Stadium" :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

And who would have thought we would ever read the words Champions League in a Leeds Utd fan forum ever again...

As my mates Da said a long time ago.

I would rather be rich and miserable than poor and miserable.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:48 pm I don't want Elland Road renamed "Air Qatar Stadium" :roll:
El And Road.
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 pm £45 million to but the club, £20 million on Elland Road and those are just the headline figures. He has personally invested, more so than any of our previous owners. We've also had the 49ers investment which whilst is not investment from Radz personally it had diminished the value of his own shares in the club.
Accounts show he invested about £3.5mil last year and 14mil when he arrived, thats it.

Radz needed the 49ers otherwise he couldn't have only put £3.5mil into the club that year.

Dont see the Elland Road thing as a positive tbh, it was a business decision that made sense for Radz, little difference made to the club.

Just to be clear i dont think he is a bad owner, just dont think he is the owner who would get us to where i would like us to be in the future (imo).
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 pm Dont see the Elland Road thing as a positive tbh, it was a business decision that made sense for Radz, little difference made to the club.
Apart from the initial rent free term and the decreased rent after that? It's a big financial saving for the club.

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 pm Just to be clear i dont think he is a bad owner, just dont think he is the owner who would get us to where i would like us to be in the future (imo).
I think I agree, in the Premiership and trying to compete in the top half I don't think he has the resources. But I don't think any investor with serious money is going to be throwing that around on a gamble in the Championship.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:37 pm And they've completely ruined Ligue 1 for it. Bar one year of Monaco, who subsequently lost their best player to PSG. They're flat track bullies. Yes they dominate Ligue 1 every year, as they have far more money than everyone else, yet they've done nothing in the Champions League. They've spent €1bn just dominate Ligue 1, that's hardly successful.

Man City won't happen again in English football. The Champions League will be a closed shop as they want a European Super League and LUFC certainly won't be on the minds of any of these clubs when they put it together.

Our best hope is promotion, 7th and maybe scrape a LC or FA Cup. We can achieve that without selling our souls.
I couldnt give a s**t what they have done to Ligue 1 tbh mate :oops:

The last sentence depresses me, 7th , is that what would be successful? to be the 7th best? what happened to aiming to be THE best?

Incidentally, Chinese multi multi billionaire funded Wolves with Mendes on tap are 7th, how do we shift them? And even if we do there are two more billionaire owned clubs, Leicester and Everton, money talks now in football, as a child of the O'Leary team (like you) despite my keenness for cash i would prefer it to not be that way, but it is.
Signed

King Cjay