QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by Irish Ian »

It would be a real pity imo if they turned their attention to one of our rivals next season... like the Owls, Brum, Sunderland or Stoke.

Or Blunts for that matter.

Radz needs to decide what he wants, to sell the club at a profit and move on.
Take a punt for next season and enjoy the reflected glory if we promote. Then hope for a seller.
In which case WE WILL STILL NEED MASSIVE INVESTMENT to survive in the prem.

I suppose he wants to have the best interests of the club but who knows what that really is?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:28 pm I wonder what Marcelo would think about QSI investment or ownership. He's a principled guy, maybe he's hesitating because he doesn't want to be associated with it.
Yep both him and Lamrani are principled men who wouldn't want anything to do with them. I wonder how many fans begging for this takeover would be unhappy to lose Bielsa. :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oh if QSI get control, Bielsa will be gone.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa has worked with and spoken at Aspire Academy events, the same people who own PSG if you track it back.

Carlos Corberan was recommended to LUFC by someone who worked with him at Villarreal who had gone on to work at Aspire.

The head of the Aspire academy is on our board and was the first person Radz bought in.

Radz has a long standing business relationship with Qatar and the head of Bein Sports (the PSG President) going back years.

We have been in a close relationship with Qatar since day 1, how close, who knows.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:31 pm It would be a real pity imo if they turned their attention to one of our rivals next season... like the Owls, Brum, Sunderland or Stoke.

Or Blunts for that matter.

Radz needs to decide what he wants, to sell the club at a profit and move on.
Take a punt for next season and enjoy the reflected glory if we promote. Then hope for a seller.
In which case WE WILL STILL NEED MASSIVE INVESTMENT to survive in the prem.

I suppose he wants to have the best interests of the club but who knows what that really is?
He wants to make money, thats all he wants, like all business people.

Like them all he has a stubborn streak and will loathe to admit failure, if he sees getting more help in as "failure" then it wont happen.

Imo if the Qataris really want LUFC then they will get it eventually, Radz needs them, his media business relies on good relationships with people like the Qatar people for a start.

But will they wait around for Radz or just move on?

If they have their heart set on us then we will be owned by them, if we are just there preferred choice but they have backup options they will just move on.

Depends on how much they want LUFC, unfortunately i doubt that it is enough to play games with Radz.
Signed

King Cjay

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 pm We have been in a close relationship with Qatar since day 1, how close, who knows.
Well, stone me!
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Would QSI even be able to do much if they bought us now? According to sky we are already in danger of breaking ffp rules. I didn't think this would be the case as we don't seem to spend anywhere near as much as some other teams.

Maybe they could loan us PSG players and we only pay a small percent of wages mbape and neymar could make all the difference next season :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

WhiteRose wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm Would QSI even be able to do much if they bought us now? According to sky we are already in danger of breaking ffp rules. I didn't think this would be the case as we don't seem to spend anywhere near as much as some other teams.

Maybe they could loan us PSG players and we only pay a small percent of wages mbape and neymar could make all the difference next season :)
We're nowhere near ffp. I don't know where this myth has come from.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I see a shirt sponsorship agreement with Visit Qatar this season.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:55 pm I see a shirt sponsorship agreement with Visit Qatar this season.
I prefer the high moral ground of problem gambling.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What i cant work out, who leaked this?

Its definitely a thing, its not a made up rumour, it has legs in some way, that is certain.

But originally i thought maybe the Qatari money men, to see what sort of reaction they would get maybe?

But the journalist for the FT who broke the story is one of only a few hundred people Radz follows on twitter, Radz had been speaking at a FT event on Tuesday.

In fact 3 hours after tweeting the Qatari story the same journalist tweeted about what Radz had said at the FT event on Tuesday.

Is it possible Radz leaked the story to a journalist he clearly has a decent relationship with but then the Qatari people said "wait, no" so Radz then asked the journo and Phil hay to issue denials and counter articles?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We happily as fans gave GFH the chance to f**k up LUFC now it appears we're doing the same with QSI

Ohh look a short cut to success through that minefield ..lets go that way we'll get there quicker if we don't step on a mine
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

faaip wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:08 pm We happily as fans gave GFH the chance to f**k up LUFC now it appears we're doing the same with QSI

Ohh look a short cut to success through that minefield ..lets go that way we'll get there quicker if we don't step on a mine
Bit different though GFH never had a penny to spend once they took us over and had no experience owning and running a football club. You can say many things about QSI but they have a lot of money and some experience owning sports teams. I'd be excited if the talk came to anything but can completely appreciate others view to the contrary.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

faaip wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:08 pm We happily as fans gave GFH the chance to f**k up LUFC now it appears we're doing the same with QSI

If you're happy with being a perpetually lower level club then right now you have what you want.
In todays business of football, if you do not have the backing of mega money the club will remain there.
When people ask, I would like to be able to say, yes I support Leeds United. I supported them through all the crap times but now I'm very happy they are Premier League challengers and Champions League contenders.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

BobHirst wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:17 pm If you're happy with being a perpetually lower level club then right now you have what you want.
In todays business of football, if you do not have the backing of mega money the club will remain there.
When people ask, I would like to be able to say, yes I support Leeds United. I supported them through all the crap times but now I'm very happy they are Premier League challengers and Champions League contenders.
Sensible
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Cant help but feel if nothing comes of this then we will regret it.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

OR if something comes of it we'll regret it ...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

My spidey sense is tingling big time, it's seldom wrong.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Why is everyone ignoring that ffp means the owner can only put in £25m a year, which is why Radz is stumped. Not because he's skint. Some of our fans actually think these Qataris are going to spend £100 ms if they buy us, not happening at all. This isn't FIFA.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Club is being run better than it has been for 17 years. Decent owner, good team around him.

You don't need billions to get out of the Championship, you need sensible investment over a period of time. We are on the right track.