The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 20th May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 20th May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:00 pm Yeah Beradi didn't do a lot wrong, was in position and almost got back for the block...Coop's error but he clearly thinks he can get there before Casilla does which compounds the initial error.
I disagree.

Knowing Ayling was in position, I'd (if I was Berardi) would double up with Cooper to block Marriott.

Surely common sense
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Watching that again actually makes me feel physically SICK !! :verysad:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 pm Yet on Twitter some fans are claiming Cooper is better than Jansson :lol:
I know a few who think the same :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 pm I disagree.

Knowing Ayling was in position, I'd (if I was Berardi) would double up with Cooper to block Marriott.

Surely common sense
He's in the right sided centre back position, with Kiko about to clear. I think his positioning is good enough for a no threat situation. You cannot defend what happened next.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That's actually truly pathetic and actually imo the one least at fault is Casilla.

His job is to be a sweeper keeper so he does the right thing.

Berardi doesnt even challenge for the header for a start.

Ayling is redundant the entire time.

Cooper just has to make sure Marriott doesnt get to the ball, Casilla has the situation under control Cooper just had to protect the ball and Casilla.

Berardi having not even challenged for the header then jogs back with Ayling till he realise a mistake has happened then he runs.

Berardi and Ayling should as soon as Bennett won the header should have sprinted back and got behind Casilla and been on the cover, they do that then imo Marriott wouldn't have scored.

3 of the defenders don't do anything like what they should have and yet people blame Casilla.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 pm He's in the right sided centre back position, with Kiko about to clear. I think his positioning is good enough for a no threat situation. You cannot defend what happened next.
Never in a month of Sundays
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm That's actually truly pathetic and actually imo the one least at fault is Casilla.

His job is to be a sweeper keeper so he does the right thing.

Berardi doesnt even challenge for the header for a start.

Ayling is redundant the entire time.

Cooper just has to make sure Marriott doesnt get to the ball, Casilla has the situation under control Cooper just had to protect the ball and Casilla.

Berardi having not even challenged for the header then jogs back with Ayling till he realise a mistake has happened then he runs.

Berardi and Ayling should as soon as Bennett won the header should have sprinted back and got behind Casilla and been on the cover, they do that then imo Marriott wouldn't have scored.

3 of the defenders don't do anything like what they should have and yet people blame Casilla.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Really well said.

Ayling and Berardi having a leisurely jog. WTF :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Really well said.

And what is our DMF doing ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Really well said.

Yes cant remember who said it (maybe Saint Gary Neville) but you should never jog on a football pitch (have a feeling it was Neville about Pogba), its true though.

You could argue Ayling and Berardi cant anticipate their Captain tackling his own goalie but good defenders anticipate everything and behave accordingly same as good strikers.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Really well said.

Remember Wigan when we had 8 players run back? What happened? :duno:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote: Remember Wigan when we had 8 players run back? What happened? :duno:
5 are still injured, 2 are still in the sick bay and 1 is still awol Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm 5 are still injured, 2 are still in the sick bay and 1 is still awol Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
:rol: :rol: :rol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 pm Yes cant remember who said it (maybe Saint Gary Neville) but you should never jog on a football pitch (have a feeling it was Neville about Pogba), its true though.

You could argue Ayling and Berardi cant anticipate their Captain tackling his own goalie but good defenders anticipate everything and behave accordingly same as good strikers.
Neville at full speed was barely jogging pace. Seriously though no one is going to run at full pace for 90 minutes. As a defender you can't be running everywhere at full speed, you use judgement etc but there was no danger and Berardi and Ayling are probably thinking more of getting themselves into the right positions for after Kiko clears it - the only player there that really should have been looking to get past Kiko to cover (at the initial point of danger) should have been Cooper. He should have let Kiko clear and then gone past him just in case Kiko missed it or the clearance rebounded off the striker etc.

The situation against Hull was completely different as there was only one possible scenario happening and that was that the Hull player was going to keep advancing with the ball. As such the players only had one thought. Now if another Hull player had sprinted forward to join their attack then a different scenario would have happened in that some of our players would have had to track that player rather than them all sprinting at the player with the ball.